Goning to Do It
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Goning to Do It

Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Swag01 View Post
    Shoot them often and without regret!!! That's what they were made for.
    +1 on that.

Member #
    Liked
    670 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gmiller0737 View Post
    Glad you had good luck with the 17-4 ,I also have a 17-4 with the 3 Tís Mine is the worst gun I own & stays in the safe itís accurate enough but Zero fun to shoot as extracting the emptyís is very sticky yes itís been cleaned (multiple times) & yes several kinds of ammo have been tried when I want to shoot a rim fire handgun I just pick something else Glad not all are that way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Try federal automatch. The brass is slightly narrower than most other brand name 22lr. My OMT has the same behavior but the automatch works fine.

40 grain
    FEATURES:

• Brass casing
    • Quantity: 325 rounds
    • Model: AM22
    Colt
    NRA LIFE Member

Member #
    Liked
    670 times
    Quote Originally Posted by feralmerril View Post
    Some day when you get old (I am) it will dawn on you I have all these fine guns in the safe that I either never shot or only shot a few rounds through, and all my old friends are dead and I may croak any day now. My wife isn't into guns and has no idea how to sell them. She is much younger and will need the money. Likely many unwashed and unworthy`s will end up with some for a song and not even know what they have. That`s the truer odd`s boys! Dance with the one ya brung! I broke my hip a couple months ago, got a ball and socket replacement and cant walk but a step or two without my stroller. My ATV and guns dont see the light of day. My wife has been pushing me to get rid of stuff I cant use out of our over loaded garage and shed. We already have gave away one nice revolver, a tent, a bunch of expensive boots, sold the plane, etc. I do own a couple of commemoratives that would be dumb to shoot but all other fine guns are going to get shot from now on IF I want to. I will go to hell before I buy a pair of white gloves!
    I agree with this premise. In my case I have no kids (so far that I know of) and I see no use in preserving, say my Python, unfired or 'little fired'. I may lose $500 in value over time due to use, but I am already in the black on it so no big deal. I probably will end up giving my guns to my niece (after I croak) who is the only one in the bunch who is a bit firearm savvy.

Enjoy your stash Bob !
    feralmerril, WVCOLT and bearcat6 like this.
    Colt
    NRA LIFE Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by denpython View Post
    Try federal automatch. The brass is slightly narrower than most other brand name 22lr. My OMT has the same behavior but the automatch works fine.

40 grain
    FEATURES:

• Brass casing
    • Quantity: 325 rounds
    • Model: AM22
    Will do at this point itís been a couple years since I have fired it itís worth a try Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    WVCOLT likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    670 times
    Wolf 40 grain 'match target' also has narrower brass. I just discovered this last Saturday. A fellow shooter gave me some for my OMT.
    Colt
    NRA LIFE Member

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Just saying even Jay Leno drives ALL of his cars.
    1956 6" Royal Blue Colt Python .357
    1980 8" Nickel Colt Python .357
    1967 4" Royal Blue Colt Python .357
    1972 4" Nickel Colt Python .357

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links