Python value - Why?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Python value - Why?

Member #
    Liked
    9 times

Python value - Why?

I’m no expert and want to understand why Pythons continue to go up? Don’t get me wrong, I bought a 4" in 99% condition about 2 years ago and they look really good. Just seems like there are a lot out of them out there but I don’t see the 2.5” models as much. My only regret is I didn’t buy a few years ago when they were much less.

I’m just trying to learn and hope to get your responses. Why do they continue to hold and increase value? Also, will they continue to go up in value?

Thanks
    Greg

Member #
    Liked
    6176 times
    Python Value - asked weekly for the past 5 years - why ask again?
    Kraaaken, sturmgewehr and ei8ht like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1783 times
    Most recent thread on this-- is on page 2 of the Python subform, thread started 6-28-19, "just trying to learn".
    Kraaaken likes this.
    Colt snubbies rule.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Yep, saw that post. That post seemed to go more into The Walking Dead..! I get it’s Colts most successful post war gun and they are gorgeous. Just thought there might be more to it.

I was just curious so thank you for responding.

Thanks
    Greg

Member #
    Liked
    6176 times
    Why is Hip-Hop the predominate sound track for most TV commercials today? Why do people buy red sports cars?
    ei8ht likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    3160 times
    Hysteria!
    ei8ht likes this.
    Real cowboys don't line dance, a Buckaroo won't even watch.

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Got it. I remember there was an article in the American Rifleman a few years ago about pythons and they expected the prices to level off. They were wrong!

Member #
    Liked
    92 times
    I shoot my 38 Python every week in my bullseye match, wipe it down with WD 40, put it in the bag and do it again. Shot a 277 last week and a 270 tonight. Glad I bought 2 in the mid 90s. It's sister 38 was shot in double action matches for years and now is shot annually in the Marine league open match here in pa I would sell neither. Can't imagine what I would replace them with.
    WVCOLT and ColtsDad like this.

Member #
    Liked
    336 times
    For me.....its artwork; all colt revolvers and not only pythons. Same reason an art collector loves picasso.
    Pythons are not the only colts that elevate in value. But I do not collect them to make money and I can care less if they lose value.
    Last edited by Biffjohanson; 08-05-2019 at 10:01 PM.
    skwcoltguy, 68python and Hanshi like this.

*** ColtForum MVP ***

Member #
    Liked
    7812 times
    It's the law of supply and demand.

People want to own fine items like older, expensive cars and older no longer in production guns.
    As these are bought up and are taken off the market, the demand outstrips the supply and prices rise.

The price goes up faster-higher when the item is in very limited supply (artwork) or the finer examples have been bought up and are off the market.
    The price goes up when people want an out of production fine gun like a Python and are concerned they will not be able to buy a nice example in original factory condition.
    With people having much more disposable income these days, many have no problem paying what are seemingly highly inflated prices.

Bottom line is, if people are paying a price for an item, that's what it's worth, no matter what someone else thinks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links