What do you think these two factory refinished Pythons would sell for?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: What do you think these two factory refinished Pythons would sell for?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1125 times

What do you think these two factory refinished Pythons would sell for?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1125 times
    6-3.JPG4-1.JPGIMG_0228.jpgIMG_0226.jpg

I am not good at pictures. I have shown these before. What do the knowledgeable folks think that these would be worth? No wax or oil was put on for pictures. They are dry. Reason for refinishing: Because of slight ringing on the cylinder. Yes, I was very OCD back then. The 4" had a slight plum colored latch and it still did when Colt returned them to me. A local gunsmith installed the orange sight inserts. I had never fired more then a box of shells through either.

Both were made in the 70's.pythons.JPG
    Last edited by scstrain; 08-13-2019 at 04:53 PM.

JWP

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Is it just me or do those first two pics look like a Diamondback?

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5657 times
    You have a choice in Python purchases.

1. Factory original. ($$$ to $$$)
    2. Factory REFINISHED ($$)
    3. Blued by Bubba. (¢-$)

There is a difference between "rare" and "desirable"

Rare means that the item, if out of production, will only increase in rarity and price with the passing of time.

Desirable
    may reflect only a current fashion or trend, in which case future prices will likely fall.

When in the market, beware the most dangerous part of speech: the adjective.

On GunBroker for example, "Stunning" means that it is not stunning.
    That is a seller's euphemism for "over-priced"
    Last edited by po18guy; 08-13-2019 at 11:12 PM.
    WilliamMunny, Badaim and ei8ht like this.
    NRA Life member. 31 year LEO. Moderator
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Survivor of 3 Cancers: PTCL-NOS, AITL, MDS, plus a stem cell transplant. My condensed cancer journey
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    under "about me" and more detail
    Avatar: "No, it's not a silencer. This little doodad is my own invention. I call it a LOUDENER"

Member #
    Liked
    1603 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JWP View Post
    Is it just me or do those first two pics look like a Diamondback?
    The pics show 3 different guns. The first two pics are a diamondback (as you think). Then two pics of a 4" python. Then a single pic of a 6" python.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1125 times
    They are just 2 Pythons no Diamondbacks. I have tried to get some better pictures. These things are so shiny they are almost impossible to photograph! Makes me appreciate the incredible pictures I see around here! What do you think they would sell for in the open market with their refinished papers from Colt?

py1.jpgpy2.jpgpy4.jpgpy3.jpgpy6.jpg
    Last edited by scstrain; 08-13-2019 at 08:54 PM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1125 times
    IMG_0228.jpgIMG_0226.jpgpy7.jpgpy4barrel.jpgpy6barrel.jpg

First 6" barrel close up. Then close up of latch side of 4" and then 6". The letter behind the trigger guard on the 4" is L. You can clearly see it on pistol but not good on photo. Again, what is the trick to taking pictures of these??????????? After seeing all these photos in the first two posts and now these what do you experts think they would sell for?
    Last edited by scstrain; 08-14-2019 at 07:27 AM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1125 times
    Any ideas on what they would probably sell for? I realize the value has been hurt because I had them refinished, even though at factory.

Member #
    Liked
    190 times
    Here in my neck of the woods if those guns were priced between 1700 to maybe 2000 and sitting on the shelf at one of my local shops they would be gone in a week
    oberon likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    6232 times
    I think it's a question of what percentage of an original condition will people pay. Generally I say a reblued Colt is in "20-30%" condition. So if a 100% is worth 100, a 50% is worth half that, and so on. But Pythons are different, people are more into buying them "because it's a Python" instead of "because of it's great condition". If the barrel says "Python" and it looks shiny, many will start seeing dollar signs in their eyes and want to buy it....for a high price. But it's still not 100%, it's refinished. Most guns aren't like cars, where a great paint job is what sells, be it original from 1969, or from last year. Guns are like a Tiffany lamp, where originality is 80% of it's value. Pythons are like cars - if it looks good when shown, even with a lot of unoriginal parts or finish, people don't care. Some, anyway.

I'd guess someone would buy them for closer to the higher percentage condition range, than the other Colt models. Which is kind of strange, being that so many were made, and so recently. A reblued Patterson I can understand being high. Not a reblued gun made in the past generation.
    Last edited by azshot; 08-14-2019 at 09:51 AM.
    Uplander likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links