Auctions are funny things...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Auctions are funny things...

Member #
    Liked
    1822 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumberjack View Post
    A.A. Goodwin on the assembler card. I can't make out the signature on the test target.
    Thanks!
    The name Goodwin in this regard is familiar. Maybe the 2nd or 3rd Python assembler?
    Colt snubbies rule.

Member #
    Liked
    1822 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckspen View Post
    The signature on the test target is H. Rush or maybe S.T Rush. I have seen a number of targets signed by him and sometimes it looks like H and sometimes ST. In my database of Colt test targets, I have examples signed by him from 1948 to 1961.

- -Buckspen
    Thanks!
    Was thinking "S.H. Rush", but not sure.
    Colt snubbies rule.

Member #
    Liked
    63 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckspen View Post
    The signature on the test target is H. Rush or maybe S.T Rush. I have seen a number of targets signed by him and sometimes it looks like H and sometimes ST. In my database of Colt test targets, I have examples signed by him from 1948 to 1961.

- -Buckspen
    I believe you replied to an inquiry I made a few weeks back with the exact same paperwork. I too have a 1956 Python with all the originals the same as this gun. Anyone interested in some more information regarding the paperwork can search for that post because some nice members offered their knowledge about these early Colt workers. I got mine at auction for a mere $4300 a little bit more than a year ago so I really appreciate you guys posting the link. My box is in a little rougher shape than that one but my serial number is a little bit more than 100 guns lower in roughly the same condition. I was shocked when mine hammered at that price because I always valued it between 5-6k. The market says I'm not wrong! This guy did a better job promoting the gun at this auction with very nice pictures and details. I know from experience that adds at lot of money at the hammer. Anyway, thanks for sharing this...makes my day to know how much $$$ I'd make if I ever decided to sell.
    1956 6" Royal Blue Colt Python .357
    1980 8" Nickel Colt Python .357
    1967 4" Royal Blue Colt Python .357
    1972 4" Nickel Colt Python .357

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6230 times
    Auctions are funny things. Sale prices can vary 25% or more, up or down. If you sell a lot, the "win some-lose some" of auctions averages out. If you sell only one guy, it can be an anxious ride seeing if that day you make what you had hoped. Some don't.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Thanks for the link, the picture is the closest I will ever come to having a gun as nice as that one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links