Looking at a 2.5 inch Python......what do you think this means......
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Looking at a 2.5 inch Python......what do you think this means......

*** ColtForum MVP ***

Member #
    Liked
    7948 times
    As above, Colt stamped a large "Z" on the right side of the frame to identify guns that had been returned to the factory.
    These were usually salesmen's sample guns.

Member #
    Liked
    3966 times
    Z can also be a legit inspection stamp, but then it would be in the usual place. Here's one on an Anaconda.
    Attached Images Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gun repair and restoration

Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    The guy still has the it listed and has reduced the price to $2,500. He states in his ad "No cylinder drag Mark's. Appears to be factory fired only." but in the pics there is clearly a drag line. It's light, but it's there. The gun is pretty clean, but I don't understand why these guys think they have to make stuff up.
    1465865.jpg
    Jerry

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

MAM

Member #
    Liked
    1320 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jertex View Post
    The guy still has the it listed and has reduced the price to $2,500. He states in his ad "No cylinder drag Mark's. Appears to be factory fired only." but in the pics there is clearly a drag line. It's light, but it's there. The gun is pretty clean, but I don't understand why these guys think they have to make stuff up.
    1465865.jpg
    I made plans to go see it....but the guy would only meet in the evening at 7pm....nothing nefarious, just that he preferred that time to let traffic die down. For me, I am not waiting 2 hours after work to see a gun. He said he had a guy coming up from Fredericksburg that offered him 2500, I guess he did not buy it. I may try to see it this weekend but I am not busting my tail to do so......it would he a nice to gave gun but if it hasn’t sold by now and others are inspecting it.....something is askew.
    jertex likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    688 times
    I agree, in current market, that’s a good deal on a gun that would sell extremely quickly. Something must be very wrong for it to still be sitting if it’s advertised to the public. I’d just get many close up pics of the gun from various angles. If he’s not willing to do that, that’s proof in itself. I wouldn’t waste anymore of my time if that’s the case.
    jertex likes this.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit such crimes... such laws make things worse for the assualted and better for the assailants: they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man" Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Quote Originally Posted by big_gus View Post
    I agree, in current market, that’s a good deal on a gun that would sell extremely quickly. Something must be very wrong for it to still be sitting if it’s advertised to the public. I’d just get many close up pics of the gun from various angles. If he’s not willing to do that, that’s proof in itself. I wouldn’t waste anymore of my time if that’s the case.
    This. Something doesn't line up there.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    could be a barrel swap.

Member #
    Liked
    68 times
    This Python is still for sale, but he's changed the description in the ad to more accurately represent the gun.

"For sale is my colt python 2.5 inch .357 circa 1978. Very light CYLINDER DRAG MARKS. APPEARS TO BE FACTORY FIRED ONLY OR VERY VERY FEW ROUND COUNT . NO BOX. NO HOLSTER WEAR . ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!"
    Jerry

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    688 times
    something is simply not right here imo... IF even the current description was correct, it would have been correct, it’d been sold within 48 hours of him first listing, I’d say more like 24. There was one just like it (but legit) at a recent Gunshows for 3300, dude probably could have sold 5 just like it if he had them. I say this with as much respect and gentleness as I can; I see you are set on buying it and sometimes it’s a lesson we must learn. And I’ve been there done that. I’ll let my ignorance shine now; fresh out of high school I found a “rare” Mustang for sell by a Manager at a local Advance Auto. I feel in love. The car literally broke down on me while I was driving it. He said he fixed it. I talked family into still letting me get it for the sum of $5500 I believe it was. Quite a bit of money. I bought a paint job for sure. I was forced to put a new head on it myself since I couldn’t afford to pay anyone else to do it. One of the few things that was actually fixed correctly. After about 10k total invested I gave up on it and parked it in the field. It still resides there with a brand new set of dry rotten “racing” tires. Ready for a 2nd restoration or maybe a first “correct” one. Maybe the best thing that ever happened to cause a strong chance me and “The Kickin’ Chickin” would have pegged it out into an Old Oak tree. There a thought for a song lol... Also makes me think of a certain RVZ written Skynard song I used to listen to all the time.
    Last edited by big_gus; 10-09-2019 at 08:31 AM.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit such crimes... such laws make things worse for the assualted and better for the assailants: they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man" Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    588 times
    My 2.5 bright stainless has a V on it, I always thought it was an inspectors mark............................................M*

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links