Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Working Python and Holster

Wyo

Member #
    Liked
    176 times

Working Python and Holster

I bought this one used some time back and, since it wasn't new anyway, I've shot it quite a bit since then. Mostly just .38 Specials but magnums once in a while. It's a great mountain gun and I have taken a good many cottontail rabbits with it too. Also various other critters as opportunity presents along with pop cans, rocks, etc. Not sure what year it is as I've never bothered to look but I will have to check that out sometime. So enjoy a less-than-pristine Python. By the way, the holster is an old Heiser.

Member #
    Liked
    10719 times
    The 'only' Pythons I ever liked were the working ones...

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    961 times
    This is my working Python. Had it finished in Armoloy hardchrome and Elliason sights at Colt Custom Shop in 1985.
    It wears aftermarket Rosewood grips that fit perfectly.

1AA137DF-5172-4476-9560-684B39661E69.jpg 34AEE669-57E1-4BAE-BAA9-8BB43B287321.jpg

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    The first handgun I ever owned my dad (deceased 2002) helped me get. It is a 6 inch blue Python made in 1978. I used it as my duty weapon as an armed security officer for a few years. It has quite a number of rounds through it and has been back to the factory for repairs a couple of times. As far as I am concerned it is a family treasure. Yes it was a working gun and it did its work admirably. It never let me down. Working guns are the backbone of the gun industry. Imagine the history a working gun has seen (some more than others). Love working guns especially those that are in decent condition. BTW I also found 4 inch blue Python about 28 years after the first one and it was also made in 1978. The 4 inch is a working gun too. I still carry it concealed from time to time.
    Kerz and Coltsformysons like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    2971 times
    They are made to be used. Folks that just stash them and don’t use them, don’t know what they are missing.
    Kerz, OIF2, BlackKnight and 1 others like this.
    SKW

MAM

Member #
    Liked
    1425 times

Working Python and Holster

My working python and holster....an SD Myers

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Thant's very nice!

JOG

Member #
    Liked
    263 times
    Nothing wrong with a little honest use on a firearm.
    You cant take it with you when you go.
    Enjoy it, life is short!
    Kerz likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1736 times
    I used a 6" Python as my PPC distinguished match gun when I was on the LAPD pistol team years ago. I had it factory tuned and Elliason sights installed. It shot superbly with both 148 grain WC and 158 grain ball. I probably put somewhere around 60,000+ rounds through it. I had it re-timed 5-6 times and had the firing pin replaced twice. No issues other than that. It was a great revolver.
    Bob
    KellyCB11 likes this.

Wyo

Member #
    Liked
    176 times
    Quote Originally Posted by OIF2 View Post
    I used a 6" Python as my PPC distinguished match gun when I was on the LAPD pistol team years ago. I had it factory tuned and Elliason sights installed. It shot superbly with both 148 grain WC and 158 grain ball. I probably put somewhere around 60,000+ rounds through it. I had it re-timed 5-6 times and had the firing pin replaced twice. No issues other than that. It was a great revolver.
    Bob
    Not to change my own subject here, but there is a good article in the current American Handgunner magazine about PPC shooting. It’s written by a former member of the LAPD team and has a number of pictures too. You might find it interesting if you haven't seen it already.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links