Colt Forum banner

Colt Combat Python

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  CLASSIC12 
#1 ·
Went to the local gun show here in Switzerland [emoji1237] and saw this Colt Combat Python with three inch barrel. Seller asking $ 13’000.- for it, he mentioned only 500 were made.

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
I suppose a buyer would get a bunch of ugly foreign proof marks on it too? Years ago Jack First the gun parts guy used to go to England and bring back many Winchesters etc that were sent to England to arm the citizens on a program at the beginning of world war two when they thought they would be invaded by Germany. The guns were nice, prices fair but for me all the ugly proof marks were a deal breaker.
It`s beyond me why Colt didn't make the 3" a standard available barrel length. It looks just right! I have two pythons, a 2 1/2" and a 4". The 2 1/2" looks a tad too stubby and the 4" looks a tad too unnecessarily heavy as the ejector housing go`s all the way to the end of the barrel. I own a s&w 66-3, a 3" Lew Horton special one of 300 from the performance center. To me it looks just right and more important, feels and balances just right in the hand. $13,000 is far out of line. Who would dare shoot it? Who ever would buy that for that much, would have to be so rich money has no real meaning. I bough this Python on a 50% off sale in 1971 for $165 NIB! I do have the original grips in the lousy factory box.

#11 ·
I suppose a buyer would get a bunch of ugly foreign proof marks on it too? Years ago Jack First the gun parts guy used to go to England and bring back many Winchesters etc that were sent to England to arm the citizens on a program at the beginning of world war two when they thought they would be invaded by Germany. The guns were nice, prices fair but for me all the ugly proof marks were a deal breaker.
The Swiss did not apply any proof or import marks in the past

#10 ·
I have seen 6 in Europe so far, this one included. This one in the CH, two in DE, and three in Italy. But that one in CH is way overpriced for the local market. I know that one in DE went for EUR 7800 and the other for about EUR 6900. One in Italy went for EUR 1500, and I got that one. The other had an asking price of EUR 5000 but I don't know if it ever sold. The third in Italy should still be up for sale but it is basically worthless because somebody parkerized it. It was originally going for EUR 5000 but they dropped the price significantly. This one for CHF 13,000 is way overpriced for the european market. Nobody will pay it, and that includes any American, who can get one for less than that Stateside without the very high cost of export/import.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.