Colt Python Stainless
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    936 times
    I believe there are some stainless 6 inch pythons in 1982, any earlier than that, I’d want to see the factory letter. Very well could be, I just haven’t ever saw a “confirmed” one.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit such crimes... such laws make things worse for the assualted and better for the assailants: they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man" Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    There is one in gun broker right no. However, someone is bidding it way up. The gun looks legit, serial number checks out but the high bidder leaves me thinking he is a fake.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Is there a good book that is all inclusive that will list what colt guns were made each year. One that will show grips, finish, barrel lengths etc?

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    179 times
    Fwiw department, I do have a SS 6" shipped in Feb. 1983. When I called Colt to order the letter he told me my serial number was from 1982 and I got excited to have such an early SS model. But when the
    letter arrived it was Feb. 1983.

Member #
    Stuck in a Marxist Run Cesspool- One Floor Above Hell
    Liked
    158 times
    What you consider Matte finish Pythons may actually be the rare Electroless Nickel models. Colt Trooper MKIII's were also made in the same finish.
    Colt Collector's Assoc. Member- 30+ yrs
    NRA Life Member- Free Men own Guns..... Slaves don't
    RIP My dear dog "Jake" (1998- 3/11/2011-pictured in the avatar).
    RIP My dear dog "Bosco" 12/30/2007-08/22/2019.
    Molon Labe......

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
    What you consider Matte finish Pythons may actually be the rare Electroless Nickel models. Colt Trooper MKIII's were also made in the same finish.

You would probably know more than I based of your Colt Collector’s Assoc membership. I will show the link to the GB auction. I didn’t get it because I haven’t been able to confirm it was factory bright or aftermarket. There was a matte stainless steel last week that went for 7k. Perfect shape with box and label.
    is there a book that lists all years of colt pistols with what options and configs where made? That way one can be able to see ah ok they did make this model with these grips this year or that year.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/850548229
    Last edited by Rshaffer; 01-01-2020 at 05:05 PM.

Member #
    Stuck in a Marxist Run Cesspool- One Floor Above Hell
    Liked
    158 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rshaffer View Post
    You would probably know more than I based of your Colt Collector’s Assoc membership. I will show the link to the GB auction. I didn’t get it because I haven’t been able to confirm it was factory bright or aftermarket. There was a matte stainless steel last week that went for 7k. Perfect shape with box and label.
    is there a book that lists all years of colt pistols with what options and configs where made? That way one can be able to see ah ok they did make this model with these grips this year or that year.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/850548229
    That pic is of a Bright Stainless Python. I don't remember the BS finish being brought out that early. Colt did discontinue the Nickel finish on Pythons.
    Colt Collector's Assoc. Member- 30+ yrs
    NRA Life Member- Free Men own Guns..... Slaves don't
    RIP My dear dog "Jake" (1998- 3/11/2011-pictured in the avatar).
    RIP My dear dog "Bosco" 12/30/2007-08/22/2019.
    Molon Labe......

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I haven’t seen anything showing the bright was out in the first year or two. Though I can not find anything saying it wasn’t. However, the grips look to be reproduction as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links