Python 2020
Page 100 of 197 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1968
Like Tree3505Likes

Thread: Python 2020

Member #
    Liked
    273 times
    I’m beyond pleased with Colt’s response to this relatively minor issue.

Having failed to achieve perfection myself, I never expect it from anyone or anything- it’s all in the way errors are handled to my way of thinking.

I’m on a waiting list for a 6” and will likely buy one for my daughter at some point as well.

Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Thanks for the replies Colt!
    WVCOLT and Thirty-Ought 6 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    179 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gunbroke View Post
    Lots of focus and talk about the interchangeablility of the front sight. But am concerned it may be shallow marketing with little substance. Since - there’s a rear sight and they’re typically paired/matched for effective shooting. An oversight (pun intended) Colt left the door open for the range comments: the original/legacy Python has better sight visibility with the white outline rear.

The interchangeable front sight on the re-released Cobra & King Cobra had a significant affect because they were fixed sight revolvers; the rear sight was a channel in the frame. On a target revolver, the front and rear sights are like the shoes on your feet: doesn't make much sense and looks funny if they don't match. On the new Python - everyone's talking about how great and easy it is to change the left - but the right is black. And they don't match coming from the factory because a orange insert front pairs with a: white outline rear. But no white outline offered in this initial release. Looking at the rear sight, not so sure the white outline is possible on the bottom of the sight window anyway.

Brass bead, three dot and fiber optic front sights all typical have matching rears for the full effect. I’d call the new gen. rear target sight the “Colt Henry Sight” - customer can have any type of sight they want, so long as it’s black. Perhaps the new gen. rear sight will be developed in the future to offer some of the front’s versatility. The original Accro rear took a few years and production design revisions to perfect too. But the Accro did have two options for the user to swop in and out with a screw driver: black or white outline.
    I get what you are saying but, fwiw, I had no problems with the sights while shooting at the range this week. I had to make a slight adjustment to
    the rear sight (it was shooting a few inches to the right) and that was it. Easy to lock in on the target.
    Thirty-Ought 6 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    The person posting as the colt representative is an imposter... This is not good......
    Last edited by BusaDave; 01-12-2020 at 07:31 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BusaDave View Post
    The person posting as the colt representative is an imposter... This is not good......
    Details please?

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    After 100 pages, I think I will wait a few months for Colt to get the bugs worked out and the price to settle down. I jumped on the bandwagon with the King Cobra early, paid about $100 over MSRP and had to send it back to Colt for repair before I ever fired it. I will be fine waiting until late summer, but am impressed with what I see so far.

Jerry
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Member #
    Liked
    787 times
    “The person posting as the colt representative is an imposter... This is not good......”

Well it’s not exactly bad news either. I was growing a bit concerned that Colt would chose such an inarticulate representative to publicly address these “Quality control” issues via public internet forum. If you can read those posts without wincing, you need to take your gun money for 2020 and put it towards library fees.
    BusaDave and Panzerschwein like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17469 times
    Dave, I sent a message to moderators to look into this. I’m sure they will take appropriate action as necessary.
    Last edited by what would you say; 01-12-2020 at 08:05 AM.
    Hopalong likes this.
    🔫 WWYS

Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Quote Originally Posted by what would you say View Post
    Dave, I sent a message to moderators to look into this. I’m sure they will take appropriate action
    I did as well and Colt has been advised. Knew this was not right been working on it for a couple of days. Matter is closed for me. Imagine he will be banned very shortly.
    Last edited by BusaDave; 01-12-2020 at 08:05 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    I have had my doubts too. This is the private message I got back when I sent a private message to him about the difficulty I am having getting through to customer service on the phone about sending mine back for repair/replace. I specifically asked for his help..... no help coming and he is trying to send me to instagram? wtf

Hello Hungryone,

This is a social media team that works for communication and development of online support.
    We do sincerely apologies for the inconvenience that you are dealing with trying to contact our customer Service. Please try again Monday, we are also more active on Instagram, therefore sending a message through there will receive more light.

Page 100 of 197 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links