Page 101 of 187 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1863
Like Tree3343Likes

Thread: Python 2020

Member #
    Liked
    224 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryone View Post
    I have had my doubts too. This is the private message I got back when I sent a private message to him about the difficulty I am having getting through to customer service on the phone about sending mine back for repair/replace. I specifically asked for his help..... no help coming and he is trying to send me to instagram? wtf

Hello Hungryone,

This is a social media team that works for communication and development of online support.
    We do sincerely apologies for the inconvenience that you are dealing with trying to contact our customer Service. Please try again Monday, we are also more active on Instagram, therefore sending a message through there will receive more light.

You know it is really sad someone would do this. It is the internet however and you can expect this kind of thing. Ok BACK to the new Python lol!!!!!!!!

DTB

Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Well mine is binding occasionally in single action. First discovered with my snap caps. Also will do it with an empty chamber. One or two of them affected. Pulling the trigger back, it all locks up. If you lightly turn the cylinder it frees up and continues to cycle.

Member #
    Liked
    2229 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryone View Post
    I have had my doubts too. This is the private message I got back when I sent a private message to him about the difficulty I am having getting through to customer service on the phone about sending mine back for repair/replace. I specifically asked for his help..... no help coming and he is trying to send me to instagram? wtf

Hello Hungryone,

This is a social media team that works for communication and development of online support.
    We do sincerely apologies for the inconvenience that you are dealing with trying to contact our customer Service. Please try again Monday, we are also more active on Instagram, therefore sending a message through there will receive more light.

I am not big on social but I am on instagram....a few months ago I was on there and contacted Colt. It was in regards to not being able to buy the brass bead front sight for the Cobra, its never in stock at Brownells. The guy from Colt on instagram contacted me and sent me a brass sight for free.... pretty cool.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17283 times
    I thought it odd of the Saturday night 1am posts from a vendor,.. but. Who knows when people have time
    What’s been posted by Our “colt firearms” has sounded like it made sense so I’m not gonn pretend like I did suspect.

Dave, can you share how you Learned this while everybody picks up a brick to throw.

Moving forward. Lessons learned. Report to forum or forum have a process for vendor credentials to post as a vendor.
    🔫 WWYS

Member #
    Liked
    224 times
    Quote Originally Posted by what would you say View Post
    I thought it odd of the Saturday night 1am posts from a vendor,.. but. Who knows when people have time
    What’s been posted by Our “colt firearms” has sounded like it made sense so I’m not gonn pretend like I did suspect.

Dave, can you share how you Learned this while everybody picks up a brick to throw.

Moving forward. Lessons learned. Report to forum or forum have a process for vendor credentials to post as a vendor.
    I was just lucky!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7602 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BusaDave View Post
    I was just lucky!
    Is there any detail you can share?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17283 times
    Got your Pm , Dave. Thanks

64 dollar question since I’m sure the moderator will delete all of the posts from said vendor since it could be way in accurate and/or made up. ... Serial number info.. muzzle fix.. building 4.25” right now. Back to 6” in a few weeks. A lot of info was provided that folks took as gospel.

Do we know if Colt has fixed the muzzle problem ?? That’s a biggie.
    Hopalong and WVCOLT like this.
    🔫 WWYS

Member #
    Liked
    224 times
    Yes that is correct. Muzzle issue has had the systemic cause identified and corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by what would you say View Post
    Got your Pm , Dave. Thanks

64 dollar question since I’m sure the moderator will delete all of the posts from said vendor since it could be way in accurate and/or made up. ... Serial number info.. muzzle fix.. building 4.25” right now. Back to 6” in a few weeks. A lot of info was provided that folks took as gospel.

Do we know if Colt has fixed the muzzle problem ?? That’s a biggie.

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gunbroke View Post
    Lots of focus and talk about the interchangeablility of the front sight. But am concerned it may be shallow marketing with little substance. Since - there’s a rear sight and they’re typically paired/matched for effective shooting. An oversight (pun intended) Colt left the door open for the range comments: the original/legacy Python has better sight visibility with the white outline rear.

The interchangeable front sight on the re-released Cobra & King Cobra had a significant affect because they were fixed sight revolvers; the rear sight was a channel in the frame. On a target revolver, the front and rear sights are like the shoes on your feet: doesn't make much sense and looks funny if they don't match. On the new Python - everyone's talking about how great and easy it is to change the left - but the right is black. And they don't match coming from the factory because a orange insert front pairs with a: white outline rear. But no white outline offered in this initial release. Looking at the rear sight, not so sure the white outline is possible on the bottom of the sight window anyway.

Brass bead, three dot and fiber optic front sights all typical have matching rears for the full effect. I’d call the new gen. rear target sight the “Colt Henry Sight” - customer can have any type of sight they want, so long as it’s black. Perhaps the new gen. rear sight will be developed in the future to offer some of the front’s versatility. The original Accro rear took a few years and production design revisions to perfect too. But the Accro did have two options for the user to swop in and out with a screw driver: black or white outline.
    I spoke with a Colt customer service rep a few days ago about this. He stated that the brass bead and several other parts were scheduled to ship to Brownells around this year's SHOT show. As of now, only the night sight and the fiber optic sight are available.
    WVCOLT likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    781 times
    So just to summarize where we stand at this point for those not wishing to pour through 200 posts:
    Colt has seemingly botched yet another highly anticipated product release by allowing multiple specimens plagued by defects ranging from those impacting cosmetics to functional flaws adversely effecting the bore and lock work/action to get into the hands of end users.
    As of yet, we’ve seen no official response from the company addressing the course of action that will be taken to both prevent these defects from occurring in subsequent production runs, and to remedy these issues currently manifesting themselves in previously delivered firearms.
    The current consensus around these parts: best to delay you’re new Python purchase until some of these “kinks” get worked out.
    Panzerschwein and Bikerbill like this.

Page 101 of 187 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links