Page 109 of 186 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 159 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1855
Like Tree3324Likes

Thread: Python 2020

Member #
    Liked
    2063 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KenU View Post
    Having over 46,000 views on that video already and 4.6M subscribers, I'd say this is not good PR for Colt. Pretty sure they're on this 24/7 now that Mr. H45 has put it out there...
    Wonder if he will have problems getting certain firearms to review, in the future.
    Panzerschwein likes this.
    Colt snubbies rule.
    Life's too short to carry an ugly firearm.

Member #
    Liked
    767 times
    Only if he gabs alot LOL!
    Colt
    NRA LIFE Member

Member #
    Liked
    767 times
    Quote Originally Posted by what would you say View Post
    Yeah, this ainít no Sig. my seller sent me an email congratulating me on getting one of his pythons His first 25 went in a couple of hours on Jan 1st he said. Now has a 200 person waiting list.
    if hypothetically speaking, Colt had to stop production due to a production issue... which I highly doubt that would happen.. but hypothetically... $2K would be a bargain price. People wonít care about the issue just to acquire a python out of fear that they canít ever get one. Theyre already buying due to the python name. Majority of pythons barely get shot - if at all.. we all know this.
    thereís a good chance that Hickok45 shot his python To equal same rounds through 50 more totaled together.
    what makes good sense with purchasing new model guns Ė- does not apply here. Who cared who got the first 2000 Sig units ( sorry if I offended the Sig people.. but really, it would be a much smaller group . )
    to prove my point, itís been absolutely seen that buyers have paid couple hundred more than MSRP for a known blemished new python already. .. And sold quickly too. What Iím saying is the new python is a win/win purchase. Certainly would be absolutely wonderful to not have some issues to wade through, but i by no means am thinking I wish I hadnít gotten one.

Maybe Iím the only one. but. ..Iím still taking that thing out of the safe and thinking that I canít believe Iím standing here holding this brand new python. Itís not pre-owned.. itís not Like new and maybe the box is real.. itís my brand new Colt python.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrookedRiver View Post
    Just picked up my python today.

Have not shot it yet... 200 dry fires with snap caps and no issues with cylinder advancement... serial number is very close to 3000.

Curiosity got the best of me and I took the side plate off for a peak. It is totally different than the king cobra. Cylinder advancement pawl is kept in the forward position by the main linear leaf spring. I really donít see how this could fail to engage the cylinder unless the contact points were sticking because it wasnít lubed. I have to say I was surprised at how much oil was applied to the internals... perhaps the early guns left the factory a bit on the dry side? The shape of the side plate creates a cavity that appears to house the advancement pawl. My best guess is that the guns that had a cylinder advancement issue were dry and the pawl just got hung up after recoil jolted if back a bit. Notice when Hickock45 moves the gun around a bit the cylinder then advances.

Either way the inside of the gun is very very nice compared to the king cobra (not knocking the cobra, I love mine and carry it daily). I plan on shooting the python A LOT so I will let everyone know if I have issues.
    Thanks for the action detail pictures crookedriver!
    Colt
    NRA LIFE Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    So....Iím a HUGE Colt fanboy, but this was predictable. To recreate the greatest double action revolver of all time and get it right first go round is pretty unreasonable. My 1970s vintage Pythons were always finicky about timing, and getting someone decent to work on them cost a kingís ransom. Iím sure theyíll get it right, but a favorite saying of mine; ď the early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheeseĒ. Iíll wait until the QC issues are fixed, and we arenít seeing $1000 premiums over MSRP. Will it be in time for Xmas? Probably not. Xmas 2021 is more like it. At least we know the Python has returned.

in the meanwhile, Iíll have my 98% 1974 S&W Model 27-2 in high polish to give me solace that I am not yet the owner of a shiny new python....no timing or QC issues on this one ever. Not a pretty or as buttery smooth as a vintage Python, but itís in solid 2nd place...

3DE7F669-8E73-4576-90F3-BB52EE72ED52.jpg
    Last edited by utex88; 01-12-2020 at 10:04 PM.
    paracord and scstrain like this.

Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 68python View Post
    Wonder if he will have problems getting certain firearms to review, in the future.
    He doesn't get his guns from the manufacturers for just that reason. He doesn't want to have any pressure to cover up issues or not give his full opinion.

He got this one from Bud's gun shop, just like any other buyer would.

Member #
    Liked
    2063 times
    Quote Originally Posted by paracord View Post
    He doesn't get his guns from the manufacturers for just that reason. He doesn't want to have any pressure to cover up issues or not give his full opinion.

He got this one from Bud's gun shop, just like any other buyer would.
    Well they have to get them from a distributor, who has to get them from...
    Colt snubbies rule.

Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 68python View Post
    Well they have to get them from a distributor, who has to get them from...
    Do you think Colt sends a note with each gun that says "Don't send any of these to Hickok45?"
    angrybeaver, Homerfan and Burgs like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2063 times
    Think automobile , firearm,etc. OEM manufacturers watch mainstream magazine writers, popular TV show series hosts , and popular Internet reviewers output; and act in their own perceived self interest.
    Colt-SL likes this.
    Colt snubbies rule.

Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    "Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." - George Bernard Shaw

Member #
    Liked
    693 times
    Post #1076 by Crooked River is the most insightful on the cylinder advancement issue. There was a day when men approached mechanical issues with a logical analysis. In the day of social media, we get a thousand posts of hen’s clucking.
    BubbaShakers and smutt like this.

Page 109 of 186 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 159 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links