Python 2020
Page 112 of 192 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 162 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1917
Like Tree3406Likes

Thread: Python 2020

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17454 times
    They... Colt... ainít gonna shoot it 200 times, so thatís a good test
    Last edited by what would you say; 01-13-2020 at 09:51 AM.
    denpython likes this.
    🔫 WWYS

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    It's been mentioned above... that in H45's video... he did alot of rambling. He starts out mentioning that pre video... he had some issues.

In many of his videos, he's run ammo through a gun faster than he did with the Python.

This is speculation at the moment... but I think he did more talking... to let the gun cool off between firing rounds.

A good test for a gun is how it works when it gets hot... because metal expands/grows as it heats up.

If anyone wants to be a guinea pig... buy 100 rounds of ammo... and fire them non stop. If there is an issue with the function of the new Python... it should show up as the gun gets hotter.
    "Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." - George Bernard Shaw

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scstrain View Post
    WELL I AM EMBARRASSED!!!!!! I took the fake Colt Rep. hook line and sinker.
    So did I. I mentioned that there was a Colt Rep. here on another forum.
    Me too. 😞
    "Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." - George Bernard Shaw

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
    This is speculation at the moment... but I think he did more talking... to let the gun cool off between firing rounds.
    I doubt it. If you haven't watched his videos lately, he does a lot of talking now.

Member #
    Liked
    294 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaShakers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CrookedRiver View Post
    Just picked up my python today.

Have not shot it yet... 200 dry fires with snap caps and no issues with cylinder advancement... serial number is very close to 3000.

Curiosity got the best of me and I took the side plate off for a peak. It is totally different than the king cobra. Cylinder advancement pawl is kept in the forward position by the main linear leaf spring. I really don’t see how this could fail to engage the cylinder unless the contact points were sticking because it wasn’t lubed. I have to say I was surprised at how much oil was applied to the internals... perhaps the early guns left the factory a bit on the dry side? The shape of the side plate creates a cavity that appears to house the advancement pawl. My best guess is that the guns that had a cylinder advancement issue were dry and the pawl just got hung up after recoil jolted if back a bit. Notice when Hickock45 moves the gun around a bit the cylinder then advances.

Either way the inside of the gun is very very nice compared to the king cobra (not knocking the cobra, I love mine and carry it daily). I plan on shooting the python A LOT so I will let everyone know if I have issues.
    FWIW, Hickock45's gun is PY002014, which is not a particularly low SN. Mine is 21XX, and the insides were anything but dry when I removed the sideplate (see below). I have dry fired mine dozens for times with snaps caps, but it will be a couple of weeks before I get a chance to shoot it. In hickock45's case simply mashing on the cylinder a bit with his thumb seemed sufficient to free up the action. This, and the intermittent nature of the problem implies the hand is engaging and getting "stuck" in lockup vs. not being engaged at all.

Attachment 674625

One other data point that may or may not be relevant: If you watch the recoilweb video here (starting at about 3:40), you can see the cylinder latch snapping back during recoil, than sliding back into place after each shot.
    I’m not sure the revolver is getting stuck in lockup. The way the cylinder lockup arm functions it would also take the trigger out of commission if the gun was stuck in lock up. (See photo below)

I did call Colt Customer service. They are very aware of the Hickock45 video. However, they also claimed they have not received any calls related to this cylinder advancement issue. The only calls they are aware of are muzzle finish issues.

I told him as a new Python owner I am wondering if the gun is safe to shoot or should I be sending it back for inspection. He assured me the gun was safe and that it will function.

Time will tell. I plan on trying to get to the range later tonight
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Either way the inside of the gun is very very nice compared to the king cobra (not knocking the cobra, I love mine and carry it daily).
    Where did you get the grips for that King Cobra? Do you like them better than what it came with?

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
    What is going on with this one??? Right when it says the barrel is ready, lol!

2020-01-13 11_09_44-Window.png

Member #
    Liked
    294 times
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybeaver View Post
    Either way the inside of the gun is very very nice compared to the king cobra (not knocking the cobra, I love mine and carry it daily).
    Where did you get the grips for that King Cobra? Do you like them better than what it came with?
    The grips are from Altamont. They are the same as the Standard Cobra grips except you will need the optional grip pin to make them work on the king cobra. There was a little bit of play on the Altamont grips so I used a small piece of felt tape to take up the play.

Do I like them? Yea absolutely. The rubber grips do not have the “tamer” insert along the backstrap, it’s just an air gap. So magnum rounds with the rubber grips kind of suck. The wood seems to dampen the recoil better than the small amount of rubber on the stock grips.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    510 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jluelf View Post
    It bothers me Iíve seen a couple videos of the cylinder not turning. Even though mine hasnít done that. I shot 200+ rounds in mine but I want to put another 400 rounds through to know for sure I have a functioning gun and not look back. I understand new runs and releases of anything new will have hang ups. I totally get it, and Colt will iron it out. I believe they will, or itíll be tough sledding.
    If I was you I might also try running through some of the same ammo Hickok was using.
    jluelf likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    510 times
    Quote Originally Posted by what would you say View Post
    I agree, based from what heís said in his videos. Although I believe Buds is ďloaning ď them and he returns them. Which is what paracord meant Iím sure, since he probably doesnít even want some guns that he reviews. Iím sure he has the option to buy and keep a gun if he so desires. T least he has eluded to that as well when he took a liking to a handgun before. He was sure to point out that he was letting Buds handle the Colt python issue that happened to him twice, so we know that gun was going back to Buds. Donít blame him there.

Not to overstate or understate the new Python, but I think Hickok summed it up . (Excluding these failures). I was just not expecting Colt to reproduce something worthy of the python name. I was probably expecting a new King Cobra end result. Itís definitely better, and I am just pleasantly surprised.
    I am back to work this morning and wouldnít you know itís raining in Eastern NC off and on for almost the rest of the week. But Iíve been snap cap testing the hell out of this python single and double with no failures. No matter, at this point I cannot have a warm fuzzy feeling until some rounds are through it. And hereís whatís really bothering me.. to see an online gun reviewer Hickok45 experience such an intermittent but definite failure- at what point do you trust the gun.
    Thereís soon to be enough of them out there that , if there is a widespread glitch, someone will get it troubleshot and a possible solution. We still have a lot of smart folks that pull triggers.
    Slightly off-topic but how are these new Pythons in terms of turn lines? Are you noticing anything? Seems like the old ones easily developed turn lines, at least much more so than the SAA.

Page 112 of 192 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 162 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links