Python 2020
Page 116 of 187 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 166 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1863
Like Tree3344Likes

Thread: Python 2020

Member #
    Liked
    7075 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CrookedRiver View Post
    1st trip to the range...

100 rds of .38
    50 rds of .357

I ran the gun fast and hot to the point I could hardly touch the cylinder.

ZERO issues of any kind and I could have shot another 50rds of magnums easy if I had them with me.

Sweet baby Jesus this thing is amazing! Sorry about Hickock45 and Country kids bad luck... colt will fix em.

The pics speak for themselves. Best 6 shot group of the night from 20’ was 1.25 inches center to center. Oh yea, how’s that muzzle crown look now boys????
    THIS is what the new Python is all about. Put your money where your mouth is, let the rubber hit the road, the proof is in the pudding....

Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Angry beaver: I tried both Altamont and VZ grips for my KC and they didn’t fit well. The VZ fit great on my Cobra though
    angrybeaver likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    New member. Picked up mine on Sunday, Serial #27XX. No issues at all on the crown. Have not got a chance to fire it yet.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    288 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayy View Post
    New member. Picked up mine on Sunday, Serial #27XX. No issues at all on the crown. Have not got a chance to fire it yet.
    Mine is also a serial #27xx

Member #
    Liked
    224 times
    So it does appear that some of the internals have some touch up work. The trigger surfaces appear to be polished in some form or another...

I am wondering if an “assembler” at the factory thought he was a gun smith and decided to “touch up” the guns going to the youtubers. And in turn took off material on the leading edge of the pawl arm. Even .025” of material removed would ruin the reliability.

This may be a case of someone’s custom fit and finish destroying precision CNC parts.

I attached a series of pics of the advancement pawl engaging the cylinder. Extremely tight tolerances. When compared to the KC it’s almost identical.

So the difference between the two would be the springs or the “hand fitting”. If you remove the grips on the new python it is possible to lubricate the contact surfaces between the linear leaf spring and the trigger reset / cylinder advancement pawl area. That should improve the performance of those parts. Hmmm moving parts need oil... weird.

I’ll lube this thing up good and head to the range later tonight. Going to feed it at least 150rds and see what is what.
    Some of these are VERY good observations!!!!

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayy View Post
    Post pictures!
    Jayy likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Mine is also a serial #27xx
    If I remember correctly, someone said that the DotCode on the gun tells you the model number, serial number, and production date of gun.

It would be interesting to see when a gun with that "high" of a serial number was produced to sort of gauge when they corrected the barrel issues.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    74 times
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybeaver View Post
    If I remember correctly, someone said that the DotCode on the gun tells you the model number, serial number, and production date of gun.

It would be interesting to see when a gun with that "high" of a serial number was produced to sort of gauge when they corrected the barrel issues.
    The dotcode on the gun itself encodes the serial number and nothing else. The QR code on the "hang tag" that comes on the gun's trigger guard contains more info, including date of manufacture. Both of these codes can be scanned using the free "i-nigma" app on a smartphone.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17286 times
    So it does appear that some of the internals have some touch up work. The trigger surfaces appear to be polished in some form or another...

I am wondering if an “assembler” at the factory thought he was a gun smith and decided to “touch up” the guns going to the youtubers. And in turn took off material on the leading edge of the pawl arm. Even .025” of material removed would ruin the reliability.

This may be a case of someone’s custom fit and finish destroying precision CNC parts.

I attached a series of pics of the advancement pawl engaging the cylinder. Extremely tight tolerances. When compared to the KC it’s almost identical.

So the difference between the two would be the springs or the “hand fitting”. If you remove the grips on the new python it is possible to lubricate the contact surfaces between the linear leaf spring and the trigger reset / cylinder advancement pawl area. That should improve the performance of those parts. Hmmm moving parts need oil... weird.

I’ll lube this thing up good and head to the range later tonight. Going to feed it at least 150rds and see what is what.

Outstanding observations. This information demonstrates how easy it would be for just one part that’s working, but not quite to tolerance, in a production line gun of a few thousand made , can intermittently cause an issue. It’s by far not a Colt flop. Can we imagine how tough it was in 1957 to get it right.. all those hand fitted parts.
    I believe the new Python is a success. Our instant communication tools make it seem like it’s worse than it is.
    BusaDave and Hopalong like this.
    🔫 WWYS

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17286 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaShakers View Post
    The dotcode on the gun itself encodes the serial number and nothing else. The QR code on the "hang tag" that comes on the gun's trigger guard contains more info, including date of manufacture. Both of these codes can be scanned using the free "i-nigma" app on a smartphone.
    That app told me the date of manufacture using the “hang tag” bar code on my new WWI “retro military” Colt.
    I think it just showed “2019” and model number on my new Python. Either way. Pretty cool. If this helps Colt be more efficient, keep track, and get guns out to us quicker, .. I can deal I reckon.
    Hey. At least they didn’t write a book of warnings on the barrel.

What’s the old joke, If you get bored sitting in the deer stand, you can always read your a Ruger.
    Hopalong likes this.
    🔫 WWYS

Page 116 of 187 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 114 115 116 117 118 126 166 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links