Colt Forum banner

Python 2020

612K views 3K replies 306 participants last post by  dsk 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
So, the 'Yankee Marshall' of YouTube announced today that Colt dealers already have the new Python but the release for sale is set for January, 2020.

I post it in the lounge because until this FYI is verified, it's not Python category worthy.
Thanks

#5 ·
I’ve searched and have not found any videos or photos of the new Pythons. Some people have posted videos talking about the rumors that distributors have taken possession of the new Pythons, using stock photos of originals, but not of the new model. Does anyone have a link?

#6 ·
They may be waiting for the gun magazines to simultaneously come out with the new Python on the cover for public release. The gun writers would have had prototypes or early production examples several months ago to test, photograph and write their glowing reviews of before magazine can be published at a particular time.

#8 ·
Supposedly it's not based on the new King Cobra and has no MIM parts. We'll see how it turns out...I don't want to pre-judge. Hopefully it's a nice piece and the intro isn't botched like the Cobra was in 2017.

#10 ·
So, the 'Yankee Marshal' of YouTube announced today that Colt dealers already have the new Python but the release for sale is set for January 2020.

I post it in the lounge because until this fyi is verified,its not Python category worthy.
Thanks
If dealers had them they would be on GB today .

My source tells me that distributors have them and will release Jan 2 .

#15 ·
Will be very interesting to see what price this comes in at. Thanks for sharing the link and all other info gang.

#20 ·
Got this info off the S&W forum. Not sure it is correct, but passing it on. Take it for what it is worth. "The standard model will not have a ribbed barrel. Gun has a polished SS frame and barrel. Laminated grips. MSRP of $2399. A ribbed barrel exclusive for Colt's Collectors run is set to be released with an MSRP of $2799. The run will be limited to 500 guns." This was posted yesterday by a forum member named JayFramer.
Mods, please delete if not allowed. I copied it exactly how it was posted. My apologies in advance if this was the wrong thing to do.

#22 ·
It makes no sense to do all the tooling and expenses inherent in that to only make so few examples. I would hope that report is wrong. If Colt wants to do a first edition run that's fine, but they should want continuous production of what should be a premium product. Getting a lot of potential customers bent out of shape for not being able to buy the product is not good business...not that Colt is a stranger to such decisions.

#23 · (Edited)
Who said they spent $$$on tooling.... look at the Retro AR's they released , lied and said they spent allot on tooling up and just outsourced everything. I try to be positive but the current way Colt thinks I would not be surprised at the 500 Pythons only at that $2,700 price .... collectors will buy em up because its limited. Sucks and I hope it isn't so s I wanted to buy a 2020 with short barrel.... we will know soon.

#27 ·
And maybe a little Ativan along with it.....

Reactions: ei8ht and Hopalong