Python 2020
Page 125 of 187 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1863
Like Tree3344Likes

Thread: Python 2020

Member #
    Liked
    735 times
    Not bad at all. Not something that I'd worry about.
    Hootch and scstrain like this.
    “When you can’t make them see the light, make them feel the heat.” - Ronald Reagan

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Quote Originally Posted by marrunred View Post
    The grips felt good in my hand. I don't like to bash the original Python but I never could figure out why people are so crazy about the grips. The material might not be the same but I think I like the new ones better, that's just me. Also, I really like where my thumb falls (right handed) on the flat spot when gripping, very comfortable.

I agree the grips are nice and look to be well made and they are comfortable I just wish they were a smidgen wider! Unfortunately I dont have any experience with the orginal pythons grips as I have have never even held one. Now my Trooper MK III that thing has some wide grips a bit too wide.
    marrunred likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Attachment 675169
    Got to the Range today and put 100 rounds of 158 gr. SJHP. Sorry to anyone having issues but this one functioned perfectly, not a hiccup in the bunch. The trigger pull is smooth and consistent. Personally, I think it is a long pull in DA but as I got use to it, it wasn't a problem. I didn't worry about adjusting the sites today but as I got more comfortable with it, it was fairly accurate out of the box. The only thing that went wrong was I grabbed a box of 38 Super instead of 38 + P on my way out the door and didn't have any more to shoot. I got the bug bad, now I can't wait for the 4.25"!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hootch View Post
    I also thought the DA pull seemed long. Watching all the videos online the DA pull looked short. Might just need more time with it to get used to it.
    Interesting...I handled a 6" at the LGS on Sunday and felt that the DA pull was short, at least compared to my S&Ws.

Karl
    marrunred likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    How do you guys keep seeing them in LGS??? I placed an order with a fairly large dealer in Houston on Jan 1st, and they still have no idea when they're arriving. Said they were supposed to get 50, according to their distributor.

Since then, I've checked all over the city and in Dallas and San Antonio (I travel to those cities a lot) and no one has gotten any.

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Not bad at all. Not something that I'd worry about.
    Quote Originally Posted by kschmider View Post
    Interesting...I handled a 6" at the LGS on Sunday and felt that the DA pull was short, at least compared to my S&Ws.

Karl

The DA pull is shorter than both my Smith 586 and my model 29. Before I got mine I watched the Python videos and on video the DA pull looked really short. After I got mine I was just surprised as from watching the videos I was expecting it to feel very short and when I shot mine it just wasnt as short as I expected which in my opinion Im glad. As I think it is great exactly as it is and alot smoother and shorter that any of my other DA revolvers of various brands/models.
    kschmider likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybeaver View Post
    How do you guys keep seeing them in LGS??? I placed an order with a fairly large dealer in Houston on Jan 1st, and they still have no idea when they're arriving. Said they were supposed to get 50, according to their distributor.

Since then, I've checked all over the city and in Dallas and San Antonio (I travel to those cities a lot) and no one has gotten any.
    The LGS that I went to only received a "couple" and sold all of them except for one 6" and that is their display model which was not for sale for the time being.

Also, I was there to order the 4.25" and they stated it would probably be 2 months before I receive it.

Karl

Member #
    Liked
    35 times

Like you I started calling my favorite gun shop (who has always done right by me) on Jan 2nd and every day after that! And like you they had no idea when they would get one. Well last Thursday at work I thought should I call today or just temporarily give up until more actually get out in distribution as Im sure my gun store is getting tired of me calling every day!

Well I gave in and called anyway. And to my surprise he said they had one that should arrive at their shop in the next few days and that they could not hold it unless I came in and either put a deposit on it or flat out pay for it or I could buy it over the phone with my credit card. Well I tell you my credit card jumped right out of my wallet! I paid for it over the phone and had it in my hands three days later. I was nervous as all the issues started getting posted online after I prepaid :/. Luckily I got a good one.

So my advice is just keep being persistent and it will pay off.

Good luck!
    denpython likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SnidelyWhiplash View Post
    I agree. The laminated stocks on the new Python may be the same general design as the original Python but they are more comfortable in my hand. They must be dimensionally just different enough plus maybe rounded a bit more to increase comfort. Colt did a good job on the new stocks.
    Are you sure the stocks are laminated? You're the only one I've seen say they are. I thought they said on the original Colt review videos that they were made of wood.

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hootch View Post
    Like you I started calling my favorite gun shop (who has always done right by me) on Jan 2nd and every day after that! And like you they had no idea when they would get one. Well last Thursday at work I thought should I call today or just temporarily give up until more actually get out in distribution as Im sure my gun store is getting tired of me calling every day!

Well I gave in and called anyway. And to my surprise he said they had one that should arrive at their shop in the next few days and that they could not hold it unless I came in and either put a deposit on it or flat out pay for it or I could buy it over the phone with my credit card. Well I tell you my credit card jumped right out of my wallet! I paid for it over the phone and had it in my hands three days later. I was nervous as all the issues started getting posted online after I prepaid 😕. Luckily I got a good one.

So my advice is just keep being persistent and it will pay off.

Good luck!
    Yeah. What's funny is that a few of the small guys said they got their hands on one or two but they flew off the shelve. I'm thinking the larger shops and chains all get them from the same distributor around this part of the country, and the small shops get them through their network.
    Hootch likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Are you sure the stocks are laminated? You're the only one I've seen say they are. I thought they said on the original Colt review videos that they were made of wood.
    I am not sure if they are laminated or not but they look like they are to me as the grain on them does not look like natural wood grain to me and resemble any of the other laminate grips I have or have seen. Weather they are or not they are still very nice and attractive and seem well made.

Page 125 of 187 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links