Python 2020
Page 126 of 192 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 176 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1917
Like Tree3406Likes

Thread: Python 2020

Member #
    Liked
    784 times
    “I thought they said on the original Colt review videos that they were made of wood.”

The stocks are made of wood...laminated wood. No, they’re not solid walnut like the early Pythons.
    angrybeaver likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    769 times
    This guy did a fairly comprehensive summary comparison.
    Hope it was not already cited.
    https://youtu.be/0NiNrqhFNos
    Kurusu likes this.
    Colt
    NRA LIFE Member

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by denpython View Post
    Thanks for posting this. I had not seen it mentioned yet at this forum but I watched it after searching youtube a couple of days ago. It's one of the most informative videos I have seen.
    denpython likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1406 times
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybeaver View Post
    How do you guys keep seeing them in LGS??? I placed an order with a fairly large dealer in Houston on Jan 1st, and they still have no idea when they're arriving. Said they were supposed to get 50, according to their distributor.

Since then, I've checked all over the city and in Dallas and San Antonio (I travel to those cities a lot) and no one has gotten any.

If you are talking about Carters Country I have felt the same frustration before. They seem to wait until they can get a bunch in and then make a splash with them in their Thursday adds. They are to big to take the time to hunt for onesy's and twosey's but big enough that before long they really will get the 50 in that they ordered all in one shot.
    Last edited by scstrain; 01-16-2020 at 07:15 AM.
    denpython likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1406 times
    Quote Originally Posted by marrunred View Post
    Attachment 675169
    Got to the Range today and put 100 rounds of 158 gr. SJHP. Sorry to anyone having issues but this one functioned perfectly, not a hiccup in the bunch. The trigger pull is smooth and consistent. Personally, I think it is a long pull in DA but as I got use to it, it wasn't a problem. I didn't worry about adjusting the sites today but as I got more comfortable with it, it was fairly accurate out of the box. The only thing that went wrong was I grabbed a box of 38 Super instead of 38 + P on my way out the door and didn't have any more to shoot. I got the bug bad, now I can't wait for the 4.25"!

Now that's how they are suppose to look! I sure hope Colt can get their act together and make me eat crow! Looks like they are doing just that. All salt and pepper will be accepted.
    marrunred and denpython like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1406 times
    Quote Originally Posted by denpython View Post

Thank's, that is really a great video.
    denpython likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    How do you guys keep seeing them in LGS??? I placed an order with a fairly large dealer in Houston on Jan 1st, and they still have no idea when they're arriving. Said they were supposed to get 50, according to their distributor.

Since then, I've checked all over the city and in Dallas and San Antonio (I travel to those cities a lot) and no one has gotten any.
    I talked to a dealer recently... and they expect to get some in after the SHOT show... which is right around the corner, (calendar wise).
    angrybeaver likes this.
    "Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." - George Bernard Shaw

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    Quote Originally Posted by VoyPescado View Post
    “I thought they said on the original Colt review videos that they were made of wood.”

The stocks are made of wood...laminated wood. No, they’re not solid walnut like the early Pythons.
    And typically... laminated stocks are more durable.
    denpython likes this.
    "Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." - George Bernard Shaw

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scstrain View Post
    If you are talking about Carters Country I have felt the same frustration before. They seem to wait until they can get a bunch in and then make a splash with them in their Thursday adds. They are to big to take the time to hunt for onesy's and twosey's but big enough that before long they really will get the 50 in that they ordered all in one shot.
    Haha! That's EXACTLY who I'm talking about. There were two of us there on the 1st just before closing time. Although they had many inquiries, we were the very first ones to actually place an order. I ordered the 6" and the other guy the 4.25". They even put a time stamp on the bill because they were expecting orders to blow up so I'm technically the first in line. I even went as far as paying for the whole thing up front.

I get the whole time frame and all that (I'm in the distribution business myself), but it grinds my gears when I call them two weeks later to ask for an update and all I'm told is a very cold "No sir. We don't have a time frame yet." I'm expecting a more detailed answer, considering I actually paid for it and "should" be first on the list. I'm just venting, lol.
    scstrain and denpython like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1406 times
    Haha! That's EXACTLY who I'm talking about. There were two of us there on the 1st just before closing time. Although they had many inquiries, we were the very first ones to actually place an order. I ordered the 6" and the other guy the 4.25". They even put a time stamp on the bill because they were expecting orders to blow up so I'm technically the first in line. I even went as far as paying for the whole thing up front.

I get the whole time frame and all that (I'm in the distribution business myself), but it grinds my gears when I call them two weeks later to ask for an update and all I'm told is a very cold "No sir. We don't have a time frame yet." I'm expecting a more detailed answer, considering I actually paid for it and "should" be first on the list. I'm just venting, lol.
    Like I mentioned, I feel your pain. Many years ago when the Desert Eagles were first released in 50 AE I had to have one. Like you, I went straight to Carters. Thinking that they were so big they would surely get them first. Like you I was amazed how the small dealers were getting them sooner. Then, all of a sudden..........they had them in stock! I hope you get your Python much, much sooner then it took for my Desert eagle.
    angrybeaver and denpython like this.

Page 126 of 192 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 176 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links