Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1930
Like Tree3431Likes

Thread: Python 2020

Member #
    Liked
    237 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CrookedRiver View Post
    100% agree

I will attach before and after pics of my muzzle. I will admit I thought it had issues. Until I cleaned it. It honestly looked like is was scuffed but an old toothbrush and gun cleaner fixed that.

Might have been the combination of hardened polishing cream and powder residue from the test fire. It had like a caked on hardening grime that really made it look like it was damaged.

That being said some of them are 100% damaged. Mine looked scuffed but I realized it was just hardened residue of some kind when I could scrape it off with my finger nail.

Before cleaning and shining it
    Attachment 676869

After cleaning and shining it
    Attachment 676871
    What you cleaned off was polishing compound. Reason=when polishing was done the barrel was chucked up against the muzzle to hold the firearm. This is why some crowns are damaged and some are not. Depends on the operator and how it was done. It is not done this way any longer as most who are keeping up with this thread know.

Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rock185 View Post
    runscott, I've sure wondered about that thing where high post count = Expert/God Like/ he must be right perception, etc. This, even if high post count person is wrong more than he is right, due to an obvious lack of knowledge, actual experience, skill, or perhaps just plain hubris.

While frustrating for early adopters, I have little doubt Colt will resolve whatever the problems are, and produce 2020 Pythons that are so boringly reliable and accurate, that owners will have little to post, other than to brag about how great the new guns are. If these early teething pains are resolved, this S&W guy may become one of those 2020 Python braggers too.
    BTW, I'm working on upping my post count to where I can bloviate with the best of them
    You have mentioned two subjects that I would love to discuss more, but have avoided only because this is a '2020 Python' thread. This whole issue of us having to be more careful in the internet world about who we trust to give us information, is a huge deal. The 2020 Python introduction may very well be no different in terms of product quality and reliability than it was with their pre-internet revolver introductions, but now we have discussion forums, Youtube and super-fast dissemination of information. Back in the old days, I participated in auctions using a printed catalog and a telephone. The guys before me submitted their bids by MAIL! We were blissfully happy. But now it's a McDonald's world, and no one knows any better. The funny thing is - despite having better technology and more time to react to product complaints and get things corrected, we still produced better products back then than we do today. I'm really not sure that technology has made things better - in many cases it has simply allowed us to produce poorer but more advanced products, quicker. It works well for our 2020 McDonald's mentality. Colt lives in the same world as the rest of us.
    vossman likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    This is disappointing to me. I wanted to get one so bad for a collector when I heard they were coming back.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    I will admit I thought it had issues. Until I cleaned it. It honestly looked like is was scuffed but an old toothbrush and gun cleaner fixed that.

Might have been the combination of hardened polishing cream and powder residue from the test fire. It had like a caked on hardening grime that really made it look like it was damaged.

That being said some of them are 100% damaged. Mine looked scuffed but I realized it was just hardened residue of some kind when I could scrape it off with my finger nail.

Before cleaning and shining it
    Attachment 676869

After cleaning and shining it
    Attachment 676871
    Mine looks exactly like your "before" pic. What did you "clean" and "shine" it with? I want to do the same.

This is a very close shot of it. I know you can see the detail, but you can barely see that with the naked eye.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggy270 View Post

i have great respect for Hickcock45 and if he had a problem then there’s a problem. Camera doesn’t lie.

Dave
    Me too Dave.

Sorry fellas...but...Houston, we have a problem. "User Error"...C'mon. That's the same excuse Sig Sauer loves to use. This is a revolver. I never experienced user error. It's supposed to be click...boom...fool proof... that's the point about having a revolver next to your bed. No jams...no stove pipes....nothing but confidence and Colt managed to screw this one up. I was going to get one...not now. They killed it....even when they fix it, people are still going to wonder if it will work. That will always be in the back of your mind. It's sad when people have too pile on Hickcock45....like he doesn't know what he's doing? Yep...I know, my first post on here...reality check...couldn't handle reading all the BS and had to chime in.
    scstrain likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17456 times
    I hope you can convince a bunch more folks so I can get a 4” with relative ease.
    azshot and Samgunslinger like this.
    🔫 WWYS

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Now that looks good. Great work polishing it up.

Ok... I think I got the lint and finger prints off... but inside the barrel looks like it could use just a bit more attention... ugh
    Attachment 676791

Member #
    Liked
    237 times
    Quote Originally Posted by what would you say View Post
    I hope you can convince a bunch more folks so I can get a 4” with relative ease.
    PM inbound..

Member #
    Liked
    299 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen5Snake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggy270 View Post

i have great respect for Hickcock45 and if he had a problem then there’s a problem. Camera doesn’t lie.

Dave
    Me too Dave.

Sorry fellas...but...Houston, we have a problem. "User Error"...C'mon. That's the same excuse Sig Sauer loves to use. This is a revolver. I never experienced user error. It's supposed to be click...boom...fool proof... that's the point about having a revolver next to your bed. No jams...no stove pipes....nothing but confidence and Colt managed to screw this one up. I was going to get one...not now. They killed it....even when they fix it, people are still going to wonder if it will work. That will always be in the back of your mind. It's sad when people have too pile on Hickcock45....like he doesn't know what he's doing? Yep...I know, my first post on here...reality check...couldn't handle reading all the BS and had to chime in.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8-Dbq1nLdX0

Member #
    Liked
    5997 times
    I see that 4-inch aficionados will not have to wait much longer, what with the 4.25" version advertised on the rear cover of the February 2020 American Rifleman.
    COLTMYSTER and marrunred like this.
    NRA Life member. 31 year LEO. Moderator
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Survivor of 3 Cancers: PTCL-NOS, AITL, MDS, plus a stem cell transplant. My condensed cancer journey
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    under "about me" and more detail
    Avatar: "No, it's not a silencer. This little doodad is my own invention. I call it a LOUDENER"

Page 147 of 193 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 157 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links