Like Tree3329Likes

Thread: Python 2020

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1399 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CrookedRiver View Post
    Again... watch the Yankee marshal video. Unless you allow the trigger to fully reset you can work the hammer back and forth and the cylinder will not reset.

This is getting to the point I’m going to make a YouTube video and do my best Hickock45 voice over just to make the point that if he wanted to... he could manipulate the gun to make that happen. How do I know??? Cause I can do it to!

Nothing wrong with his gun.

The old guy in the recliner had the only legit failure

When do you get your check in the mail from Colt??????

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7847 times
    Why do some of you keep saying the same things repeatedly,, expecting a different outcome ...

Take a breath . It's apparent by now that heels are dug in for a handful of you . Say your piece and move on .

Thank you .
    Condition Yellow

Please support Crimson Trace Grips , Mossberg and Beretta . They support our troops .

Member #
    Liked
    198 times
    Hey fellas to be honest I'm getting tired of all the complaining about the new Python. I own an old one and I love it. I was one of the many that constantly badgered Colt to bring back the Python. I'm so happy that they did, I think its an important step for Colt in regards to making products that the customers want and also getting more dedicated to the double action revolver buisness that abandoned in the late 1990's. At the end of the day if you dont like it don't buy one. I intend to buy two , one this year I hope and one next year. We asked for the Python we got it. I do believe that modern machining is a better way to make guns due to tighter tolerances ...as opposed to the old way of hand fitting. Like I said if you dont like dont buy but please can we stop complaining?
    scstrain, kschmider, Kerz and 4 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1399 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger8996 View Post
    Hey fellas to be honest I'm getting tired of all the complaining about the new Python. I own an old one and I love it. I was one of the many that constantly badgered Colt to bring back the Python. I'm so happy that they did, I think its an important step for Colt in regards to making products that the customers want and also getting more dedicated to the double action revolver buisness that abandoned in the late 1990's. At the end of the day if you dont like it don't buy one. I intend to buy two , one this year I hope and one next year. We asked for the Python we got it. I do believe that modern machining is a better way to make guns due to tighter tolerances ...as opposed to the old way of hand fitting. Like I said if you dont like dont buy but please can we stop complaining?

No one is complaining that Colt has brought the mighty Python back. It is the opposite. Everyone is thrilled! This thread is so long now that most can't see that many of us that have been talking about problems with some of the new Pythons are the very people that have been taking up for the new modern ways of it's production. Even going as far as to say they probably are better in most ways to the old. I really do believe that!
    Last edited by scstrain; 01-24-2020 at 06:56 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scstrain View Post
    No one is complaining that Colt has brought the mighty Python back. It is the opposite. Everyone is thrilled! This thread is so long now that most can't see that many of us that have been talking about problems with some of the new Pythons are the very people that have been taking up for the new modern ways of it's production. Even going as far as to say they probably are better in most ways to the old. I really do believe that!
    I agree. Better strength wise, probably more durable as far as the components go and when you polish it up like CrookedRiver did it looks fantastic. Just frustrated and disappointed with the initial release. I believe they rushed the release maybe just a little.
    scstrain likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    223 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger8996 View Post
    Well let me see if I can put this in a very short summary. Colonel Townsend Wheeler has a quote attributed to him "Only Accurate Rifles Are Interesting".
    Now no one here will argue that premise I think we all would agree. However, in order for a handgun or a rifle to be accurate it must be able to fire the required ammunition to determine if it is accurate or not.

There is an issue and Colt is working on determining the root cause and the required remedy. It is really just that simple. Be patient.

OIF2 and Thirty-Ought 6 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Agreed. Wouldn't it be better if Colt just owned it though?
    scstrain likes this.

Member #
    Only fanboys with thousands of posts may speak their minds.
    Liked
    6 times
    Only fanboys with thousands of posts may speak their minds.
    Last edited by Python_2020; 01-26-2020 at 02:08 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    223 times
    Quote Originally Posted by vossman View Post
    Agreed. Wouldn't it be better if Colt just owned it though?
    Well what I can say is they are shooting the stink out of them and having trouble replicating the issue. It is not as easy as some arm chair quarterback/engineers seem to think to establish root cause and corrective actions. Just know that not everything is how it seems on the internet.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17275 times
    Being as I fix stuff for a living...
    I tell my customers... (they know my sense of humor). ..
    “random intermittent issue- It’s from the devil. “

Thanks for the update , Dave.
    I’m keeping the Colt faith.
    Last edited by what would you say; 01-24-2020 at 09:49 AM.
    azshot, scstrain, jluelf and 4 others like this.
    🔫 WWYS

Page 151 of 186 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 161 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links