Page 176 of 223 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 174 175 176 177 178 186 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2221
Like Tree3828Likes

Thread: Python 2020

Member #
    Liked
    246 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Spurbitten View Post
    Did you check to see if your side plate screws have backed out after use? Check the one underneath the grips too. I believe the side plate becomes misaligned which effects the internals. Same thing happened to me and everything began to function normally again once I tightened side plate screws...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I haven't had any trouble with mine through 300+ rounds, and hundreds of dry fire cycles, but I decided to check this after reading this suggestion. The two visible screws were good and tight, but that one hidden by the grip was a good 3...3 1/2 turns loose. I tightened it up and made a mental note to keep an eye on it. If it happens again, some blue locktite might be in the future.
    For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    John 3:16 (NKJV)

Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    The loose sideplate screw issue (if it is an issue) is not endemic to the Python. When I first got my new Cobra, I was able to rotate them with my thumb nail. I caught this before I fired the gun, so whether or not it would have caused problems I don't know, but the gun has been trouble free since I snugged down the screws.

It will be interesting to see what Colt says the cylinder rotation problems are being caused by.
    Tom
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Member

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    24 times
    Quote Originally Posted by marrunred View Post
    Well, just got back from the range and after about 300 rounds (total in 3 trips) started having the cylinder cycling issues. I fired a lot in single action previously and concentrated on double action only this trip. Today, after about 30 rounds in double action the trigger/hammer locked about 1/2 way through the cycle. Subsequent loads had the same issue. Even before the first cycling issue I noticed that there seemed to be a lot of rotation in the cylinder before it would Lock. Not too worried about it, already got my fill, for now, so back to Colt she goes.

For anyone in the know, I'm just wondering, since this seems to be a systemic problem, will Colt be issuing a blanket recall? Also, is the fix in place for the 4.25" ones that are or soon to be hitting the street?

These reports are becoming commonplace as more Pythons make their way out there. It's a shame Colt apparently does not have adequate QC processes to prevent this from happening.
    scstrain and marrunred like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Centuriator View Post
    These reports are becoming commonplace as more Pythons make their way out there. It's a shame Colt apparently does not have adequate QC processes to prevent this from happening.
    I think the trend for all manufacturers is to QC products through the customer. Looking on the bright side, at least the new Python is not exploding like the Glock 44...🤷‍♂️
    marrunred and COLTMYSTER like this.

Member #
    Liked
    7327 times
    Colt master Tool Room employee that designed the Python:

"There were never any real problems with the Python, except for a period when a few of them went out with bad springs. Colt's had been buying the springs from an outside source at that time, and we had problems ... you know, weak hits and poor ignition, especially double action. But we took care of that in short order."

(Adalbert (Al) Gunther, referring to the first year of production of the legacy Python. How I Built the First Python, American Handgunner, Jan/Feb 1977)
    Last edited by azshot; 02-06-2020 at 06:59 AM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17811 times
    I think the ability for issues to get communicated widespread and instantly has increased so much that it makes QC seem like it’s declined more than it has. I’m not saying it hasn’t declined. But just think. How bad must a a problem be in the 1990’s, and prior, for most everyone to have heard about a problem. ..
    Of course, the flip side is that, back then, rumors turn fiction into fact. “I heard that gun explodes” don’t buy it”. May be true -may be not.

The good news today is we can find out about every issue and form our own opinions. (Right or wrong) I can tell you that Colt flipped the switch on the new Python QC.. They’re on it and all over it now.
    The bad news is ignorance is bliss. Now every gun and/or gun brand in my safe has a video of a documented issue. I’m 50/50 on pulling the trigger or throwing it at a burglar. New Cobra is heavy. Glock .. need a full high cap mag for distance.
    🔫 WWYS

Member #
    Liked
    313 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunBass View Post
    I haven't had any trouble with mine through 300+ rounds, and hundreds of dry fire cycles, but I decided to check this after reading this suggestion. The two visible screws were good and tight, but that one hidden by the grip was a good 3...3 1/2 turns loose. I tightened it up and made a mental note to keep an eye on it. If it happens again, some blue locktite might be in the future.
    Good Put! Known issue being addressed.

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    HEY ALL....TWO 4.25" 2020 Pythons have turned up on Gunbroker today....MUCHO FRANKLINS....!!!!!
    PETE
    Last edited by pdman; 02-06-2020 at 01:34 PM. Reason: ADDED INFO

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    All of this really makes me wish I'd hung onto my Python Elite 6" (blued). Because I doubt I'll be going anywhere near the new Snake for a while to come until all the problems get sorted out. I own more Colt handguns than any other brand, from an 1847 Walker replica, through numerous 2nd and 3rd gen percussion revolvers, a 1st Gen SAA, and three Gold Cups -- but I find it inexcusable that this legendary and expensive flagship model was released for sale without this major cycling problem being discovered. You all are showing remarkable patience, in my opinion.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17811 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pdman View Post
    HEY ALL....TWO 4.25" 2020 Pythons have turned up on Gunbroker today....MUCHO FRANKLINS....!!!!!
    PETE
    These few on gunbroker, a completed auction and a local dealer sell are all the 4” new pythons I’ve seen. If this is the 4” rollout, let’s hope it picks up some steam with production numbers.
    Hopalong and Capps like this.
    🔫 WWYS

Page 176 of 223 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 174 175 176 177 178 186 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links