Python 2020
Page 27 of 197 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 127 ... LastLast
Like Tree3505Likes

Thread: Python 2020

Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Quote Originally Posted by toucan View Post
    Busa Dave, Can you share any info on what future finishes Colt is considering?

This thing has excited gun boards like I haven't seen in awhile. It is going to be a huge boost to Colt, with regards to reputation and bottom line. (Provided it performs like advertised)

I believe this will certainly lead to some alternate, darker finishes.
    Well as you can imagine there will be some pretty good demand for these in the short term and maybe long term for that matter. They are AWSOME in a word. The 4in will be next and the 6in will still be made as well. Not much more I can add.

Well -- except this. Better call your Dealer today at home lol because tomorrow the Distributers and Buying Groups that have existing inventory of these will evaporate instantly.
    Last edited by BusaDave; 01-01-2020 at 07:56 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    162 times
    I’m saving my pennies and nickels!
    WVCOLT likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4636 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ditto1958 View Post
    I’m saving my pennies and nickels!
    That's 30,000 Nickels or 150,000 Pennies.. ^^^^^ YIKES !!!!
    - Terry -
    " WVCOLT "

" God created man, but Samuel Colt made them equal "
    " I carry because I'm too young to die and too old to run "

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    292 times
    Few thoughts from a life long Colt collector:

Unbelievably Well Done Department:
    1) All around the piece looks the part - there's no doubt when you look at it from any angle what it is.
    2) An amazingly well timed and choreographed launch - pre-Shot Show, massive multimedia outlets having content, and stock already at the distributors; with only slight leakage in the 11th hour. That's beyond impressive for anyone, let alone Colt.
    3) The price - it's affordable and will allow a whole other generation to be able to own a Colt Python

On the Collector Side:
    1) I'd be worried for the original King Cobra values - why spend $1500 plus on a used KC when you can get a new in box Python?
    2) Excited about what's to come - talking about a stronger and thicker top strap; was the platform engineered for 41 mag.? (fingers crossed)

On the "Careful Pilgrim" Side:
    1) "The old Python action was a tall bar to leap over . . . but we did it"
    2) "Actually the old Python if you shot a lot of full 357 mag and shot them very quickly in double action you could knock them out of time"
    3) "The Python's from the 50's had a lot of hand fitting that really doesn't need to happen now with modern CNC equipment"
    The legacy and values of "old Python" will be a large part of this version's success. They're two different revolvers produced in different era's but both in Hartford and are probably remarkably similar in performance; celebrate that and leave it there. I won't be able to take too much of the the "new Python" is better than the "old Python" before a rebuttal containing a combination of the words: MIM'ed, forged, tool steel, bank vault, royal blue, silver ball bore treatment, Custom Shop etc.

One obvious thing that's missing:
    1) How come no back-strap serrations?

I'm surprised wasn't talked about:
    1) The new Python being a short double action revolver; compared to the original. The original E & I long stacking double action pull was something many shooters loved but many didn't. Colt mentioned the double action pull being lighter and non-stacking but don't believe they mentioned it was also shortened; which is an advantage I'd expect them to market.

Hoping and looking forward to seeing them in stock soon!
    Last edited by gunbroke; 01-01-2020 at 08:52 AM.
    azshot, marrunred, KAG and 4 others like this.
    Quality over quantity: there's a reason that new plastic fantastic brass flinger of your's needs 15 rounds and my old D.A. only needs six.

Member #
    Liked
    7087 times
    Nice analysis, I agree with all this. I think the stacking action of the original was just how they are, and most people either liked it or didn't notice. But I just read some hyperbole on the Shooting Times review that is making things up. They said "One of the issues often found on old Colt Pythons was an inconsistent trigger-pull weight that varied from shot to shot, due to the hand-fitting and finishing that these guns received in early years." (making up the "inconsistent" and "...shot to shot" parts). I'm no Python expert, but I'm a mid-sized Colt frame expert. They are very consistent actions that increase in pressure as you get near the end of the DA pull.
    Last edited by azshot; 01-01-2020 at 08:35 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gunbroke View Post
    Few thoughts from a life long Colt collector:

Unbelievably Well Done Department:
    1) All around the piece looks the part - there's no doubt when you look at it from any angle what it is.
    2) An amazingly well timed and choreographed launch - pre-Shot Show, massive multimedia outlets having content, and stock already at the distributors; with only slight leakage in the 11th hour. That's beyond impressive for anyone, let alone Colt.
    3) The price - it's affordable and will allow a whole other generation to be able to own a Colt Python

On the Collector Side:
    1) I'd be worried for the original King Cobra values - why spend $1500 plus on a used KC when you can get a new in box Python?
    2) Excited about what's to come - talking about a stronger and thicker top strap; was the platform engineered for 41 mag.? (fingers crossed)

On the "Careful Pilgrim" Side:
    1) "The old Python action was a tall bar to leap over . . . but we did it"
    2) "Actually the old Python if you shot a lot of full 357 mag and shot them very quickly in double action you could knock them out of time"
    3) "The Python's from the 50's had a lot of hand fitting that really doesn't need to happen now with modern CNC equipment"
    The legacy and values of "old Python" will be a large part of this version's success. They're two different revolvers produced in different era's but both in Hartford and are probably remarkably similar in performance; celebrate that and leave it there. I won't be able to take too much of the the "new Python" is better than the "old Python" before a rebuttal containing a combination the words: MIM'ed, forged, tool steel, bank vault, royal blue, etc.

One obvious thing that's missing:
    1) How come no back-strap serrations?

I'm surprised wasn't talked about:
    1) The new Python being a short double action revolver; compared to the original. The original E & I long stacking double action pull was something many shooters lover but many didn't. Colt mentioned the double action pull being lighter and non-stacking but don't believe they mentioned it was also shorted; which is an advantage I'd expect them to market.

Hoping and looking forward to seeing them in stock soon!
    Going to be a lot more press and articles in the next 30 days. It will all be discussed and no 41 mag in the future on this one (I want one too). I am hoping let's say for a new Anaconda release let's just say with Maybe this type is trigger! Would even be better with a 5 shot 454 but that would be tooooooo much to hope for! Will say I am glad that I do not have a safe full of the original SS Pythons that I bought on speculation. I have one left the one in the picture I posted. Values on the SS original Pythons will be coming down some. This one is just that much better. Just went out to the safe and did another comparison between the two. Yes there will be the old guard who claim there is no way the new is better than the old and that is to be expected but the fact of the matter remains that side by side comparisons it is clear. I was floored to be honest!
    Last edited by BusaDave; 01-01-2020 at 08:38 AM.
    Homerfan likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17469 times
    I think it is possible that we are about to witness a phenomena of our technology in the gun world. up until today, pythons were made 1955 to 2005. The internet.. and certainly not smart phones.. we’re not utilized during this time, at least not to the extent it is today. Many people never got the word in the past and/or it took time for word, as it would in gun shops , magazine advertisement, etc. it’s instantaneous now.

Today, a Pigmy tribal leader in the jungles of the Amazon is browsing a new nickel Python ... and ordering snake boots.. delivered by Amazon ... so he doesn’t step on a python.
    azshot, KAG, WilliamMunny and 3 others like this.
    🔫 WWYS

Member #
    Liked
    1160 times
    OK...Here is a different take on the topic of collectability.

Maybe the availability of the new Python's to the masses will generate more excitement among first time owners so that they will want to own one of the originals because now they will finally know what all the excitement has always been about and the market for the originals will actually increase....

I can dream...can't I? :-)
    Thirty-Ought 6 likes this.
    USMC - 1970's

Member #
    Liked
    179 times
    I can't believe I didn't notice no back strap serrations. I loved that rear view of the originals.

Member #
    Liked
    4610 times
    Just to say. I was never a Colt Python guy. Just love the Official Police looks.

But. I might be tempted on this new one.

Page 27 of 197 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 127 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links