Python 2020
Page 37 of 194 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 137 ... LastLast
Like Tree3446Likes

Thread: Python 2020

Member #
    Liked
    1463 times
    Quote Originally Posted by User 1234 View Post
    I have to admit I was overly pessimistic about the new Python. However I don’t understand why Colt stuck a QR code on it in such a prominent location.
    Yep, not crazy about the laser etched S.N. on the right side of the frame and the silly looking QR code. Nice none-the-less.
    Last edited by mafd2; 01-01-2020 at 05:04 PM.
    WVCOLT and Thirty-Ought 6 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    654 times
    Quote Originally Posted by yrsued View Post
    I imagine YOU own an older Python right??

And you have successfully fired over 500 Rounds of .357 Magnum Double Action and it has NEVER gone our to timing, right???

IF you don't, this term applies to you then!!

Quote Originally Posted by smutt View Post
    Balderdash.
    No need to be nasty about it, I have found your posts to be 'friendly' to those who agree with you and 'nasty' to those who don't. We are all different and have differing opinions on various subjects. In other words live and let live.
    68python, azshot, mafd2 and 3 others like this.
    " I've got 1 bullet and it's got your email address on it. Don't make me hit send."

Member #
    Liked
    121 times
    No, but the Original Poster started it by calling my post

"Balderdash."

I would have been perfectly fine without the sarcasm and insults too!!

You know it goes both ways, you start the conversation with, "I don't agree with your statement, but" and it would have been perfectly fine!!

The OP is calling Bull$hit on my post, and I legitimately ask him , do he own one and does he shoot a steady diet of .357 magnum Double action through it and has he shot more than 500 rounds through it without it losing it's timing!!!

It goes both ways!! You can disagree with me all day long, as long as you do it with respect!!! Respect is EARNED, nobody is entitled to it!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1stgen1916saa View Post
    No need to be nasty about it, I have found your posts to be 'friendly' to those who agree with you and 'nasty' to those who don't. We are all different and have differing opinions on various subjects. In other words live and let live.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4635 times
    Quote Originally Posted by skilled View Post
    If they make a snubby I’ll get it.
    They would sell a bunch of them to say the very least.
    - Terry -
    " WVCOLT "

" God created man, but Samuel Colt made them equal "
    " I carry because I'm too young to die and too old to run "

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17460 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WVCOLT View Post
    They would sell a bunch of them to say the very least.
    That’s about how I would say it..
    if they can make another gun that I really really want and gonna buy, and don’t really need.. ( cause that sums it up for so many of my new gun purchases )
    That would be one of them. Hopefully I can change that to “will be one of them” if Disney dreams do come true.
    🔫 WWYS

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4635 times
    Quote Originally Posted by what would you say View Post
    That’s about how I would say it..
    if they can make another gun that I really really want and gonna buy, and don’t really need.. ( cause that sums it up for so many of my new gun purchases )
    That would be one of them. Hopefully I can change that to “will be one of them” if Disney dreams do come true.
    Well stated... +1 here also my friend.
    Thirty-Ought 6 likes this.
    - Terry -
    " WVCOLT "

" God created man, but Samuel Colt made them equal "
    " I carry because I'm too young to die and too old to run "

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    252 times
    No, but the Original Poster started it by calling my post

"Balderdash."

I would have been perfectly fine without the sarcasm and insults too!!

You know it goes both ways, you start the conversation with, "I don't agree with your statement, but" and it would have been perfectly fine!!

The OP is calling Bull$hit on my post, and I legitimately ask him , do he own one and does he shoot a steady diet of .357 magnum Double action through it and has he shot more than 500 rounds through it without it losing it's timing!!!

It goes both ways!! You can disagree with me all day long, as long as you do it with respect!!! Respect is EARNED, nobody is entitled to it!!

“IMHO, you can buy an oldPython for nostalgia sake and look at it and wait for it to go out of time ifyou shoot it a whole lot,”

“You can't fix stupid!!”

I've shot both Pythons and I like this oneMUCH Better!!”

I can't tell you for sure how they will do it, but the Owner of TALO was therefor this reveal, so....Speculate away!!”

“Ya, they were, but nobodyshoots them anymore!! If you ask those who have shot them a lot, they wouldtell you they don't handle very well after nominal use!!”

“And that my friend IS theproblem!! Those who knew how to fix them have either passed away or haveretired!!”

“And if you can shoot 500+Full House .357's Double Action without it going out of time, Please LMK, Iwould like to see that!!”

“I imagine YOU own an olderPython right?? And you have successfully fired over 500 Rounds of .357 MagnumDouble Action and it has NEVER gone our to timing, right??? IF you don't, thisterm applies to you then!!”

“Thanks for your kind words,we just want to share the TRUTH about these things, NOT nostalgia andmisinformation!!”

Yrsued,

You seem to misunderstand why this special “Python” forum exist! It is herefor all that collect, use, invest in, and love the old world craftsmanship that when into the name “Python”. I for one had the pleasure right out of high school to watch Colt Mastergunsmith Al DeJohn work on Pythons. I have been collecting Pythons for over 40 years, carried one as a service piece for many years and have shot thousands upon thousands of magnum rounds through them and NEVER had one go out of time. People come to this forum to share and learn, not to pass negativities. Thereis an old and wise saying “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.”

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by cashi; 01-01-2020 at 05:50 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    7086 times
    Yep. And he strangely joined 3 days before the new Python was released, saying:

Hi members, My name is Yamil Sued, I'm a Photographer, I do Images for some magazines and I run a YouTube, Full30, GunStreamer and GetZone Video Channel.

I own several Colts and I cover Colt for my Channel.

Glad to be here with you all.

Have a VERY Happy New Year.
    So you get paid by Colt? And/or get paid for your blogging and writing about modern guns? Is this forum just another social media sales of your job? Will pushing the new Python by discrediting the original one increase sales?
    Last edited by azshot; 01-01-2020 at 06:00 PM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17460 times
    Btw ... (so nobody throws a new... or old ... Colt python at anybody. .... )

Here is me and my boys from a couple three years ago. At Disney. As we dream about a new a Colt Python to once again be released... and point to the little cartoon dream bubble above our heads.
    Didn’t get that in the frame.
    Dreams DO come true in 2020.

🔫 WWYS

dsk

Member #
    Liked
    325 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mafd2 View Post
    Yep, not crazy about the laser etched S.N. on the right side of the frame and the silly looking QR code. Nice none-the-less.
    I would've been much happier had they concealed the SN and QR code under the cylinder crane, or at least put them inside the frame so that the cylinder hides them. One other thing that I'm not crazy about is the serrated hammer. How much more $$$ would it have cost per pistol to do a simple cross-hatch like the old Pythons or like S&W still does?

Understand though that these are relatively minor gripes. People who insist the old ones were better will still have plenty of old ones to choose from. This new Python will take some of the pressure off and hopefully allow the prices to come back down to less insane levels.

Page 37 of 194 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 137 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links