Page 43 of 194 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 143 ... LastLast
Like Tree3446Likes

Thread: Python 2020

dsk

Member #
    Liked
    325 times
    Quote Originally Posted by what would you say View Post
    Just a note of observation here , as to make a point of the sheer popularity of Colt Pythons old and new.. this Python thread already has over 23,000 views in about 11 days. I donít think Iíve seen anything like this previously. Itís starting to rival the most popular sticky threads that have taken years to reach high view counts.
    Itís a wonder this thread doesnít have its own official Colt Python advertisement before the first post by now.
    This morning there was a Gunbroker seller who still had 68 Pythons in stock. I checked again in the late afternoon and his ad was gone. I don't think Colt has had as hot a seller as this since the SAA first came back in 1956.

Quote Originally Posted by Boge View Post
    There is one ringing fault between analogizing classic cars and this new Python: young people want the newer classic style cars, e.g., Mustang, Challenger, etc. They don't want revolvers.

Well apparently SOMEONE does.
    Last edited by dsk; 01-01-2020 at 09:57 PM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17460 times
    Before reading DSK’s above post, I hadjust browsed the closed auctions for the new Python on gunbroker .. which were, and had to be, all from Jan 1st of course. I saw the same thing. In addition to the seller of the many pythons at the set price, there were 5 or so from another seller well above msrp . No surprise there. To be expected.
    But yeah, It appears dad is buying several Pythons to reward himself for his kids muscle car purchase or something, I don’t know, nor care about the wet blankets today . The only thing that’s been a little bitter sweet for me today is that my good forum friend , and he knows who he is, was not able to secure his new Python today. I’m sure it’s coming, but it’s like hitting a home run and the team still didn’t win or something.. Woulda been nice. He’s had some rough road that any of us could go through, just lousy timing is all. It all will work itself out and that new Python will be even sweeter.
    WVCOLT, denpython and Capps like this.
    🔫 WWYS

Member #
    Liked
    1046 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dsk View Post
    This morning there was a Gunbroker seller who still had 68 Pythons in stock. I checked again in the late afternoon and his ad was gone. I don't think Colt has had as hot a seller as this since the SAA first came back in 1956.

Yes, but 2017 ATF records show more than FIVE TIMES as many pistols sold as revolvers by US makers. For 2017 Colt produced 31,987 pistols and 7,342 revolvers.

https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/data-statistics
    The only man Wild Bill Hickok stated that he feared: James Currie 1840 - 1899. Gunman without peer.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    274 times
    The easiest way to drum up funds for the new Python is to sell guns! That’s what I’ll be doing when I get back to the States. I just Colt isn’t in receivership by then.
    Boge and denpython like this.

Member #
    Liked
    187 times
    It looks like Colt has developed a real nice 357 magnum revolver that RESEMBLES the original Python and put the Python roll mark on it but this new Python revolver looks 90% or more like the Colt Boa's. In my opinion to bring back the Python it would look 80% to 100% closer to the original Python. The only thing's on this new Python that look like the original Python is the barrel, front sight, serrations on front of trigger and that's about it. Just think when Colt brought back a reproduction of the original 1911 it looked 80% or higher to the original 1911 and when Colt started reproducing the 1st generation SAA's with the 2nd and 3rd generation SAA's, they also looked 80% or higher to the 1st Generation SAA's. Grant it Colt probably made a great 357 Magnum that has the Python roll mark on it and heck i may even buy one in the future once the prices come down (i'm in no hurry), and check out one in person but in the end it just RESEMBLES the original Python.
    WVCOLT and denpython like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1268 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BRL View Post
    Dang it! 4" and a 6". My wife is going to kill me.
    After my bride shot a 4" Python she is on board for this new one. The problem might be just who's gun is this?
    guy sajer, Kerz, Hopalong and 4 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    179 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dsk View Post

What price did he have on the 68 Pythons?
    WVCOLT likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    This is the video I was mentioning about the original Pythons going down in value. Not bashing the guy as we are all allowed to have an opinion.

https://youtu.be/-RW9_WwdQMo
    WVCOLT and denpython like this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7628 times
    Quote Originally Posted by toucan View Post
    What price did he have on the 68 Pythons?
    $1,389.99

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopalong View Post
    $1,389.99
    I see others there that went for $1899 BIN.

Page 43 of 194 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 143 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links