Python 2020
Page 63 of 193 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 163 ... LastLast
Like Tree3426Likes

Thread: Python 2020

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stgen1916saa View Post

Im sorry, I didnt pick up your sarcasm. It's just some people are hopelessly stuck in the past. Maybe we should bring back the model T.
    Only if the model T is made of a stronger metal and a smoother drivetrain. 🙂

dsk

Member #
    Liked
    325 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WVCOLT View Post
    Ok gang shes about to hit 3 Grand....... I would have never guessed !!!!!

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/851531586
    As a Colt collector I've seen plenty of people who are so insanely rich that they don't mind paying double or even triple MSRP just to have one of the very first of a given model of firearm. You and I might think that these people are idiots to pay that much, but to them three grand is just pocket change anyway. Those who are bidding up all of these new Pythons are mostly collectors who want a first-batch gun. The rest of us who actually have to watch what we spend every month are better off waiting for prices to come down and for the inevitable new-gun bugs to be worked out.
    Hopalong, denpython, Olle and 3 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    769 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dsk View Post
    As a Colt collector I've seen plenty of people who are so insanely rich that they don't mind paying double or even triple MSRP just to have one of the very first of a given model of firearm. You and I might think that these people are idiots to pay that much, but to them three grand is just pocket change anyway. Those who are bidding up all of these new Pythons are mostly collectors who want a first-batch gun. The rest of us who actually have to watch what we spend every month are better off waiting for prices to come down and for the inevitable new-gun bugs to be worked out.
    It is over $3K now (item xxxx1586) ... but I have seen the same abbreviated bidder on other new Python auctions.... a bad apple?

To the other post author, Tom K, yeah the cylinder grooves look alot like the old Colts... I had read somewhere that Grant Cunningham modified some of his Pythons in similar fashion so as to make the DA smoother.. internet FUD?
    Colt
    NRA LIFE Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    4187 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dsk View Post
    We saw the same thing when the new Cobra was introduced, people paid 3xMSRP just to be the first kid on the block to have one. It's their money so I don't really care, but the problem is that other people get carried away as well. Instant gratification may be fun, but in retrospect: I'm sure it's no fun to be the guy with the not-so-deep pockets and be sitting there with a Cobra you paid $2k for. I mean, what are you gonna tell your wife when she suggests that you cash in on what you at the time described to her as "a great investment"?

I might buy one of the new Pythons, but not until they're well below MSRP. Considering that you can find new Cobras for as little as $450 now, it shouldn't take long for the Pythons to become quite affordable. Just sit back and let the big boys play, there will be Pythons for everybody once the hysteria dies down. I figure they'll be at or below $1k before we know it.
    OIF2 and 392heminut like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gun repair and restoration

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    5632 times
    I was at a show this afternoon and asked a local dealer if he had any of the new 2020 Pythons in stock. His response was as follows and I quote, "I was expecting them in the next week or two, but now that they've been recalled I don't have any idea." He told me the factory had recalled them for some sort of manufacturing defect.

I have no idea what he was talking about, but he is a factory stocking Colt dealer and don't have any reason to doubt what he said...
    denpython likes this.
    "Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop"
    Gus McCrae, Lonesome Dove...

Member #
    Liked
    769 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeman99 View Post
    I was at a show this afternoon and asked a local dealer if he had any of the new 2020 Pythons in stock. His response was as follows and I quote, "I was expecting them in the next week or two, but now that they've been recalled I don't have any idea." He told me the factory had recalled them for some sort of manufacturing defect.

I have no idea what he was talking about, but he is a factory stocking Colt dealer and don't have any reason to doubt what he said...
    Oh my !!!!! Hope for the best....
    Colt
    NRA LIFE Member

Member #
    Liked
    637 times

Thats not good. I guess if this is accurate some people, who paid a premium, will be waiting a bit longer for the opportunity to be the first kid on the block with one. Patience is a virtue my friends.
    " I've got 1 bullet and it's got your email address on it. Don't make me hit send."

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    5632 times
    If the information is true, it's not very good publicity to immediately recall such an anticipated new release.
    "Well we don't rent pigs and I figure it's better to say it right out front because a man that does like to rent pigs is... he's hard to stop"
    Gus McCrae, Lonesome Dove...

Member #
    Liked
    4187 times

Seems like Colt doesn't have much luck with their new releases. I guess their QC ain't the best nowadays.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gun repair and restoration

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17455 times
    If the information is true, it's not very good publicity to immediately recall such an anticipated new release.
    What Iíve been told when this came up .. by person(s) that are connected to Colt, was that the recall happened well before the release. It has been resolved and thusly the Jan 1st release occurred as it did. You know if there was truly still a recall on the released guns, there would not have been a release. Dealers would not have had any to sell. Social media now has new python guns posted all over where owners were able to buy them locally.
    It is certainly possible that a distributor had to return pythons some time ago, but itís not the reason that there arenít any.. there arenít any because the ones available that were listed at msrp have sold and the ones still available are in internet auctions destined for the deepest pockets....l. But there will be more and soon.
    marrunred, Hopalong and denpython like this.
    🔫 WWYS

Page 63 of 193 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 163 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links