Like Tree3426Likes

Thread: Python 2020

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17455 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SnidelyWhiplash View Post
    My new Python is supposed to be delivered to the gun store tomorrow...since I probably won't be able to go and do the paperwork before Monday I'm hoping no one at the gun store plays with it and dings it up. The store owner and the manager won't as they're pretty straight but I worry about the weekend people...in particular the owner's son. He's an ok guy but can be pretty full of himself.

We all have our gun shop horror stories..I watched a shop worker handling the heck out of a brand new SAA.. cocking it over and over as he talked... drove me nuts. Same thing to a new cobra target, and other Colts. Yes, some of them will be shot and it doesnít matter.. but when itís not his money - donít needlessly play with it. Price tag on the SAA is about $2.2K before tax. Strange how the shop owners themselves are much more careful with the guns, especially when that gun is not JUST a display model. Anyway...
    I have been lucky as the UPS and Usps delivers to my FFL at noon time very consistently. I just start driving that direction at lunchtime on the day the package is out for delivery. .. as it so happened on Wednesday with the new Python delivery, and I arrive usually before they have time to open the box if it delivers before I get there. Some of my guns donít matter, but others are coming pre-owned, out of production, nearly irreplaceable in some cases.. and if so , not easily or cheaply. I like my FFL because his employees are instructed not to play with somebody elseís toys. They record serial and put it in storage after check in.

Btw.... I didnít show with a Mardi Gras band for the python pickup, but I did sport a Colt ball cap.

Iím sure your deal will go perfect and all will be fine too, Whip.
    The anticipation is all part of the fun !
    WVCOLT and Hopalong like this.
    🔫 WWYS

Member #
    Liked
    2816 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jluelf View Post
    Alright so I screenshot pics of the video Colt posted on their Python. Others are welcomed to comment what they see but it doesnít look like a perfect muzzle to me. Even on their display model. Mine is the last pic. It is what it is. Iíll try and get with Colt and see what theyíll do. Sounds like the hard part is getting ahold of them. My gut tells me a lot of Pythons are this way. Some worse than others. Again, mine isnít scratched around the muzzle, lug, or rib but just itty bitty dings around 9-12 o clock.

Attachment 673799

Attachment 673801

Attachment 673803
    Looks like cutter chipping when they did the counterbore. I would guess that it was cut after rifling as a time saving method. I believe the rifling at the end of the barrel should be deburred by hand to avoid this type of problem.
    jluelf and denpython like this.
    Iíd rather be in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth.

Member #
    Liked
    237 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smutt View Post
    Looks like cutter chipping when they did the counterbore. I would guess that it was cut after rifling as a time saving method. I believe the rifling at the end of the barrel should be deburred by hand to avoid this type of problem.
    Absolutely 100% wrong. Hand cutting would be well, just stupid. There is a problem with the process which inclusive of the operator, process and materials used (cutter type, speed even the lubricant). Have watched too many to count target crowns being applied to bench rest rifles and sporters tubes by Speedy Gonzalez. It is not rocket science...Ö....
    Last edited by BusaDave; 01-09-2020 at 06:29 PM.
    denpython and Boge like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    168 times
    Snidely, I think you'll be fine. All of the gun shops I have dealt with treat guns as the owner's property as soon as they are purchased. The issue is how they treat guns BEFORE they are purchased. I could tell a story but I'm in a bar with friends and don't want to cry in public.

Member #
    Liked
    769 times
    Quote Originally Posted by toucan View Post
    Attachment 673505

I picked mine up today. Here is a pic of the 2020 with my 1983. Initial impression....Very Nice! Smooth trigger also.
    Hey Toucan, can you measure some dimensions between your two Pythons?
    I can not tell by the pictures how much more top strap mass the new version has.
    Also curious about other dimensional contrasts, if any.

I am glad to see folks with their new prize delivered and ready to shoot at the range !! Very Cool ! Lucky those with low serial numbers also !
    Colt
    NRA LIFE Member

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SnidelyWhiplash View Post
    My new Python is supposed to be delivered to the gun store tomorrow...since I probably won't be able to go and do the paperwork before Monday I'm hoping no one at the gun store plays with it and dings it up. The store owner and the manager won't as they're pretty straight but I worry about the weekend people...in particular the owner's son. He's an ok guy but can be pretty full of himself.

if you paid for it in full they better not let anyone handle it. That’s how mine worked. They locked it up in the safe.
    When the Sig 365XL came out, I went to a local gun store to see how I liked the grip. They didn't have one to sell, but they pulled one from the back a customer had sent there but hadn't picked up yet and let me mess with it.

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Alright so I screenshot pics of the video Colt posted on their Python. Others are welcomed to comment what they see but it doesnít look like a perfect muzzle to me. Even on their display model. Mine is the last pic. It is what it is. Iíll try and get with Colt and see what theyíll do. Sounds like the hard part is getting ahold of them. My gut tells me a lot of Pythons are this way. Some worse than others. Again, mine isnít scratched around the muzzle, lug, or rib but just itty bitty dings around 9-12 o clock.

Attachment 673799

Attachment 673801

Attachment 673803
    That is horrible they did that, now you have to send it back, god knows how long that will take. Or take it to someone and have it fixed at your expense.

Member #
    Liked
    148 times
    Quote Originally Posted by IYAAYAS View Post
    When the Sig 365XL came out, I went to a local gun store to see how I liked the grip. They didn't have one to sell, but they pulled one from the back a customer had sent there but hadn't picked up yet and let me mess with it.
    The place I bought from doesn’t work that way. Especially since I paid in full. Not anyone’s gun to play with at that point. That is their words not mine. I fully 100% agree with it. If the gun isn’t spoken for, or paid on, then I believe it should be fine to handle it.

Member #
    Liked
    148 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 1LEcamaro View Post
    That is horrible they did that, now you have to send it back, god knows how long that will take. Or take it to someone and have it fixed at your expense.

Not sure what will come of it. Colt is aware and is passing my info on to customer service. We’ll see. I’m sure there are 100’s other trying to do the same.

Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Well, I shot mine. It went bang when I pulled the trigger. Couldn't help myself. Sacrilege I know.

Page 83 of 193 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 133 183 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links