Python 2020
Page 84 of 197 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 134 184 ... LastLast
Like Tree3505Likes

Thread: Python 2020

Member #
    Liked
    784 times
    Thanks for the detailed range report Dozer!
    Kurusu likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Quote Originally Posted by VoyPescado View Post
    Thanks for the detailed range report Dozer!
    Really not alot to say. Very nice fit and finish. Very smooth trigger. The only thing, when I was sighting it in the windage scew just turned. No distinct clicks. The elevation had incremental adjustments, but not the windage. Curious if others are that way as well. As long as it holds zero, which it did, no problem. I am really pleased. No complaints. I did not do my best shooting today. This is capable of being very accurate. Very nice revolver. Very happy to have it. A real pleasure to shoot.
    I put about 150 rounds of .38 Winchester White Box through the Python.
    I did check my Pythons Crown when I received it. It was in excellent condition.
    Last edited by Bulldozer; 01-11-2020 at 08:15 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    2818 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BusaDave View Post
    Absolutely 100% wrong. Hand cutting would be well, just stupid. There is a problem with the process which inclusive of the operator, process and materials used (cutter type, speed even the lubricant). Have watched too many to count target crowns being applied to bench rest rifles and sporters tubes by Speedy Gonzalez. It is not rocket science...…....
    Rocket science no, what I see is not a machinists work but a machine operators work. A good machinist wouldn’t need QA to see and correct the problem shown. Hand cutting? I’ve never considered deburring to be cutting. You could be right with some of your assessment but interrupted cuts are always a bitch.
    I’d rather be in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17469 times
    I see Bulldozer came up with a solution to fix what his new Pythons muzzle looks like.
    That’s awesome. Shot well for you !!
    He used the same technique that my buddy Corey did back in our college days. He had his beloved 280Z .. it was bought used.. what he could afford.. and to him it was bad a$$.
    We went for lunch one day .. hauling down the road in it.
    I said ,” Corey, what’s that little rattle noise I’m hearing in the dashboard or something?? “
    He reached up to the radio.. cranked it up.. blasting.
    “He looked over at me and said. “ Fixed the rattle noise for ya“.
    Last edited by what would you say; 01-10-2020 at 05:01 AM.
    Hopalong likes this.
    🔫 WWYS

Member #
    Liked
    38 times
    To the peopleb who have their new Pythons at home, where did y'all buy them from?

Directly from Colt? LGS (if so, what city)? Internet Store?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1044 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachtsturm View Post
    Are we talking about the upc code on the box or do I need better glasses? Haha.
    They're talking about the dotcode "barcode" on the frame. Here's a close up of the one on my King Cobra.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Berhati-hati di ruang platform. 🇸🇬

Member #
    Liked
    273 times
    I’m #6 on the waiting list for a 6” at Jays in Clare, MI. The wait list for a 4.25” was at 11 when I called.

I can’t think of any gun that has generated this much interest in my lifetime.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17469 times
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybeaver View Post
    To the peopleb who have their new Pythons at home, where did y'all buy them from?

Directly from Colt? LGS (if so, what city)? Internet Store?
    Internet. Sales opened up Jan 1st and before noon were all sold out. Local gun shops get them in and people have gotten on waiting lists. That varies with the each shop. The rest available right now are internet auctions which go for much more than retail. Colt is making them like crazy.. rumor on the street is about 200 a day , so more are coming. The Python is not a limited production.. its just everybody wants one. I don’t blame them. It’s a nice one. Colt will make thousands and thousands of them. Keep an eye out on the internet sites that sell for msrp or less. Eventually stock will catch up. With the internet, the world found out all at once that the Python is back!!!!
    angrybeaver likes this.
    🔫 WWYS

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17469 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Uplander View Post
    I’m #6 on the waiting list for a 6” at Jays in Clare, MI. The wait list for a 4.25” was at 11 when I called.

I can’t think of any gun that has generated this much interest in my lifetime.
    It’s been discussed and there have been comparisons to guns of yesteryear.. movies with dirty Harry’s Smith. it’s apples to oranges comparison because the race went from horse and buggy to formula 1 due to technology of the internet
    🔫 WWYS

Member #
    Liked
    784 times
    “I can’t think of any gun that has generated this much interest in my lifetime.”

+1. But I think I’m officially resolved to hold off until I can get hands on one prior to purchase. I REALY wanted to get on board with this! I’ve never owned a Python but my dad had a few as I was growing up. In fact, one was the first handgun I ever shot.
    I’ll never forget that Colorado Christmas when I came back inside with my arms still frozen in a Weaver stance after putting a few rounds through the Python with my dad and grandad...my mom threw me straight into a hot bath and cussed my dad pretty good! He sold those guns, like a lot of folks, for a fair piece less than today’s going rate.
    I certainly don’t see $3,000.00 in value in the early originals and most of my shooting happens behind my shop so I don’t much care to own expensive guns just for the sake of looking cool to the stranger beside me at the indoor range. However, at MSRP these 2020 guns really appeal to me. Unfortunately, these QC, issues, however minor, have slowed my roll a little. If this were an isolated occurrence it would be one thing, but let’s face it, Colt has really struggled to get it right for the last few decades. And they have been painfully slow to resolve these type of issues. This trend has plagued nearly all of their recent offerings.
    I just feel like the days where the name “Colt” stamped on a gun indisputably represented the finest firearms the industry had to offer are behind us. I am legitimately pulling for the Python 2.0 to mark the beginning of some sort of “comeback” but gosh darn the bad press on the limited number of guns that have made it to the range has me wondering if they just ain’t got it in ‘em anymore.

Page 84 of 197 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 134 184 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links