Python 2020
Page 94 of 197 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 144 194 ... LastLast
Like Tree3505Likes

Thread: Python 2020

Member #
    Liked
    148 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzerschwein View Post
    My revolver also has this issue, and is being sent in via pre-paid shipping label to Colt for repair.

I do hope, in addition to other issues with my revolver, that is is repaired promptly. Thank you.
    Mine is supposed to be too. I contacted Colt today and they’re send the RMA in email. Did they send it in mail to you or email?

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    Quote Originally Posted by runscott View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smutt View Post
    CNC isn’t some magic way to machine parts, it just instructs the cutting tool how to get from point A to point B and beyond. The problem I’ve seen through the years is alot of yahoo’s running CNC machines with none of the basic machining skills learned before hand.
    I know what CNC is. I doubt anyone similar to your "Yahoos" were running CNC for the Colt Pythons.

edited to add: I agree that your theory is possible, as anyone can screw up any type of equipment, I just think it's highly unlikely that in a project with this high of visibility that Colt would hand over CNC to bunch of ignorant "yahoos".
    I can think of another manufacturer that thinks it's acceptable for the recoil sheild to look like it's been hacked at with a chisel and hammer by a 5 year old.
    "Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." - George Bernard Shaw

Member #
    Liked
    179 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Coltfirearms View Post
    Originally Posted by BubbaShakers
    The one being fired on the guntalk media youtube video (at 3:40) is PY000050, which is the lowest number I've seen. This could be a pre-production or employee gun, as all others I have seen are at least PY001XXX.

Pythons from 000001 to 000050 are first pre-production run.
    000001 to 000999 are Special Revolver Python run (Only 50 have been made so far)
    Available serial numbers for 949 Special Pythons, yes please. Can't wait to see what they come out with in the years to come.

I can picture scoped Pythons for one thing, along with regular production runs on DLC type finishes.

Folks, this is going to be expensive and fun.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
    I can think of another manufacturer that thinks it's acceptable for the recoil sheild to look like it's been hacked at with a chisel and hammer by a 5 year old.
    I agree with you that there's a quality control problem. Via the new Colt i.d., it looks like Colt is acknowledging this and that they honestly want to rectify it. To me it's crazy and baffling that these issues are appearing on a high-profile product introduction, but I think it's a sign of the times. People knock the old Pythons, but there was an effort at craftsmanship, when they didn't have access to manufacturing techniques we have today, that are sadly lacking today. I'll buy a new one, but I'll go into it with lower expectations than I had when I bought a used one on GB.

Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopalong View Post
    Thank you for all of the information you've posted. It's extremely helpful and shows a great level of concern for your product and your customers.

Can you tell us about when we should expect the next batch of 6" guns will be available?
    Currently producing mostly 4.25 Pythons and 6 inch pythons will start in a few weeks.

Member #
    Liked
    171 times
    Yahoo's don't have to be ignorant to screw things up.
    I think they would have to be both ignorant and unsupervised. I have a friend who owns a machining shop. He was also a cue-maker. This gave him a huge leg up on other CNC-using cue-makers, as he could afford state-of-the-art CNC machinery that a pure cue-maker couldn't justify. He took advantage of this and never let any cue out of his shop that wasn't perfect. I'm sure Colt has a lot more financial resources than my friend had, so I see no excuse for CNC issues like what we are seeing. That's why I don't believe they are CNC-related.

Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    What is a special run python and how do I get one of those?

Member #
    Liked
    659 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Coltfirearms View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopalong View Post
    Thank you for all of the information you've posted. It's extremely helpful and shows a great level of concern for your product and your customers.

Can you tell us about when we should expect the next batch of 6" guns will be available?
    Currently producing mostly 4.25 Pythons and 6 inch pythons will start in a few weeks.
    I also would like to thank you for the information you are sharing with this community. You have restored my faith in Colt for now, I hope this trend continues into the future and hope that the success born from the new python brings other desirable models into Colt's future plans.
    Kurusu and Uplander like this.
    " I've got 1 bullet and it's got your email address on it. Don't make me hit send."

Member #
    Liked
    659 times
    I know what CNC is. I doubt anyone similar to your "Yahoos" were running CNC for the Colt Pythons.

edited to add: I agree that your theory is possible, as anyone can screw up any type of equipment, I just think it's highly unlikely that in a project with this high of visibility that Colt would hand over CNC to bunch of ignorant "yahoos".
    Yahoo's don't have to be ignorant to screw things up.
    Thank you guys for bringing the word 'yahoo' back into the lexicon. I'm gonna put it right next to the word 'malarkey' which was also recently brought back from the dead.😁😁😁
    Kurusu, Hopalong, smutt and 1 others like this.
    " I've got 1 bullet and it's got your email address on it. Don't make me hit send."

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
    I agree with you that there's a quality control problem. Via the new Colt i.d., it looks like Colt is acknowledging this and that they honestly want to rectify it. To me it's crazy and baffling that these issues are appearing on a high-profile product introduction, but I think it's a sign of the times. People knock the old Pythons, but there was an effort at craftsmanship, when they didn't have access to manufacturing techniques we have today, that are sadly lacking today. I'll buy a new one, but I'll go into it with lower expectations than I had when I bought a used one on GB.
    Well it appears that Colt is handling this in a proper and timely fashion... unlike the afformentioned "cold chisel" manufacturer.

So... kudos to Colt !!!
    Kurusu and Uplander like this.
    "Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." - George Bernard Shaw

Page 94 of 197 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 144 194 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links