Python 2020
Page 97 of 192 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 147 ... LastLast
Like Tree3405Likes

Thread: Python 2020

Member #
    Liked
    60 times
    I had to qualify for my CCW renewal last year. I used my 1964 4” Blue. The examiner was like “you’re shooting that?!?” Damn right I am!

Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Quote Originally Posted by armabill View Post
    I would hope that the barrel wasn't turning. If it did, that maybe problematic to say the least.
    LOL! Nice. My mistake.

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    Well after watching the video in post #947... that just gives me one more reason not to buy Armscor ammo.

That being said... Colt may have to extend the firing pin a little to make the Python reliable with all manufactured ammo.

Either that... or increase the weight of the hammer, and main spring tension.
    Last edited by Reamer; 01-11-2020 at 01:03 PM.
    Thirty-Ought 6 likes this.
    "Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." - George Bernard Shaw

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    784 times
    “Luckily nobody got shot in the face.. but I was taught during a misfire- keep both hands on the gun pointed down range and perform a time count before anything else.”

It’s funny to rag on these self proclaimed YouTube Experts but then again...it’s not that funny. I get seriously tired of seeing clueless people both communicate and demonstrate nonsense via the World Wide Web especially as it relates to things that can get you or someone else killed. Many and I mean many folks who will readily drop $2,000.00 on the latest and greatest firearm to hit the shelves would be FAR better served putting that money toward ammo, range time and professional instruction. We live in a country where any fool can own ‘em but precious few invest the time, money and energy required to use them safely and proficiently. PSA over.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17454 times
    .. and to your point. The YouTuber is so clueless about his violations that he posted it for the world. He could have just ran another video reproducing the misfire issue doing the right thing instead of showing that uncontrolled discharge. That gun fired into the air. video should be used as an example of what NOT to do when experiencing misfires. There is not a single brand or model out there that hasn’t experienced malfunction. Extremely important to know what to do when that happens Everyone that shoots regularly has likely had a misfire. Anything can fail. I had to skip through it after that.. my nerves couldn’t take it. I sure hope our fellow forum members and new Python owners especially , and everyone thinks about what they’ll do if they do have a misfire with these new guns or any gun. If in doubt or not sure about a range buddy - talk about it before it happens. Never hurts to remind someone. Treat it like it will kill - it will
    Kurusu and Coltfirearms like this.
    🔫 WWYS

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    It sounds like Colt is ready to make things right with the guns that have issues. I appreciate the transparency and explanation. I’ve decided to call customer service this week and get my example corrected. IMO this should never have happened not with a good QA process. It’s not like the damage was hidden or not easily seen but the problem has been identified, corrected and the ones that are out in the wild will be fixed. Cosmetic appearance was just as important as the function of this particular product release. It’s a shame so many of these new product launches from all manufacturers have so many issues. Ruger probably is the worst. I’ve had issues with both Colts and Smith’s in the past straight from the distributor to my hands never seeing a gun shop but in the end they were all corrected to my satisfaction. I expect the same will happen this time around.

Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    I saw a new Python at a gun show today, serial number PY0017xx, had the damaged crown. Would like to hear from Colt at what serial number in production the fix was applied.

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Coltfirearms View Post
    Currently producing mostly 4.25 Pythons and 6 inch pythons will start in a few weeks.
    I put in an order for mine today, how long will it take to get a 6" Python?

I am guessing about 6 months

DTB

Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Mine came today. It has some muzzle crown issues but not awful. Should probably send it back if they are willing to fix it though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    178 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DTB View Post
    Mine came today. It has some muzzle crown issues but not awful. Should probably send it back if they are willing to fix it though.
    Nice Pic!

Page 97 of 192 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 147 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links