Python 2020
Page 99 of 186 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 990 of 1855
Like Tree3323Likes

Thread: Python 2020

  1. #981
    Junior Member

    Member #
    70413
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    West Hartford, CT
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops24 View Post
    It sounds like Colt is ready to make things right with the guns that have issues. I appreciate the transparency and explanation. I’ve decided to call customer service this week and get my example corrected. IMO this should never have happened not with a good QA process. It’s not like the damage was hidden or not easily seen but the problem has been identified, corrected and the ones that are out in the wild will be fixed. Cosmetic appearance was just as important as the function of this particular product release. It’s a shame so many of these new product launches from all manufacturers have so many issues. Ruger probably is the worst. I’ve had issues with both Colts and Smith’s in the past straight from the distributor to my hands never seeing a gun shop but in the end they were all corrected to my satisfaction. I expect the same will happen this time around.
    Dear Cyclops24,

    You are correct, QC process was in fact responsible to catch this problem, unfortunately it was not caught in time.
    During QC evaluation the issue was caught internally and fixed, but some have already been sold. This root cause is resolved and going forward these will be up to our customers satisfaction.

    Thank you everyone for your support.

  2. #982
    Member

    Member #
    67947
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    NE WA
    Posts
    153
    Liked
    273 times
    Wow, an actual factory rep!

    Been begging for the same over on the S&W forum since computers were beige and sold by Circuit City and CompUSA.

    You're about to get 1,000 requests for Pythons in 2.5", 3", 4", 8", .41 Mag, .327 Mag, .22LR, and more in your inbox...

  3. #983
    Junior Member

    Member #
    70413
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    West Hartford, CT
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by what would you say View Post
    That’s an excellent question. I posed the serial number question last night when we received the post here directly from Colt. That information is either not been determined as yet and/or has not been released to us.
    Since Colt had produced up to 3000 at the point of release, (the internet rumor mill ) I suspect all that were made pre-release were affected because of the way it was caused. My speculation is all that is though. Colt explained basically what happened a few pages of posts ago.
    Dear what would you say,

    So far approximately 2500 Pythons were released to the public, most of the crowns are not damaged and unfortunately some are.

    Thank you.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #984
    Junior Member

    Member #
    70413
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    West Hartford, CT
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kschmider View Post
    Hi,
    New member here. I usually hang out at the S&W forum but lurk here occasionally. After 90 some pages of this thread I must have the new Python!

    Question: As it has been stated that Colt has acknowledged the issues with the crown on some of the 6 inch Pythons and has remedied their processes, do we know or can we assume that the fix has been applied to the 4.25 inch model prior to their production?

    Thanks,
    Karl
    Dear kschmider,

    The issue was found on the 6" Pythons, but there were approximately thirty (30) 4.25" Pythons pre-production.
    The fix was implemented during start of manufacturing of the 4.25" Pythons.

    Thank you.

  6. #985
    Senior Member

    Member #
    3255
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Calif.
    Posts
    1,223
    Liked
    765 times
    Quote Originally Posted by what would you say View Post
    Oh boy, ol Voy !! ( sorry. I always wanted t cfo say that. ). I think you have a point.

    Luckily nobody got shot in the face.. but I was taught during a misfire- keep both hands on the gun pointed down range and perform a time count before anything else. Seems like a waste of time until somebody is not wearing their head for the next round of testing. Dude was in too big a hurry knowing that he had misfires. When things go a little wrong is when they go really wrong after when not thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowhunter41 View Post
    What is a special run python and how do I get one of those?
    3 inch ? On the bucket list !☺ Yeah that guy in the video was not very exemplary.
    Last edited by denpython; 01-12-2020 at 12:20 PM.
    Thirty-Ought 6 likes this.
    Colt
    NRA LIFE Member

  7. #986
    Junior Member

    Member #
    70413
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    West Hartford, CT
    Posts
    10
    Liked
    57 times
    Originally Posted by what would you say
    Oh boy, ol Voy !! ( sorry. I always wanted t cfo say that. ). I think you have a point.

    Luckily nobody got shot in the face.. but I was taught during a misfire- keep both hands on the gun pointed down range and perform a time count before anything else. Seems like a waste of time until somebody is not wearing their head for the next round of testing. Dude was in too big a hurry knowing that he had misfires. When things go a little wrong is when they go really wrong after when not thinking.




    Originally Posted by Bowhunter41
    What is a special run python and how do I get one of those?




    Quote Originally Posted by denpython View Post
    3 inch ? Coltfirearms,put my name on the list please! PM me!! ☺
    Dear denpython,

    Custom Serial number range PY000050 - PY000999 will be determined by multiple company teams, and then developed and manufactured from there.

    Thank you
    denpython likes this.

  8. #987
    Senior Member

    Member #
    3255
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Calif.
    Posts
    1,223
    Liked
    765 times
    Quote Originally Posted by what would you say View Post
    Oh boy, ol Voy !! ( sorry. I always wanted to say that. ). I think you have a point.

    Luckily nobody got shot in the face.. but I was taught during a misfire- keep both hands on the gun pointed down range and perform a time count before anything else. Seems like a waste of time until somebody is not wearing their head for the next round of testing. Dude was in too big a hurry knowing that he had misfires. When things go a little wrong is when they go really wrong after when not thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coltfirearms View Post
    After manufacturing and quality control of each revolver the revolver (Frame, Barrel, Cylinder, Side plate cover, Crane/Yolk) goes through a polishing process. The polishing process requires the revolver to be fixtured on the barrel. Therefore, a change has been made to no longer hold by the barrel during polishing and completely removing any chance of damage to the crown and the crown recess. The quality department did in fact miss this issue, but has corrected it and thoroughly looking at ALL areas of the revolver. It is in fact a simple fix; we use a crowning tool that cleans the crown. We appreciate all of the feedback from our customers; we can also answer any of your questions.
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coltfirearms View Post
    Dear Customers,

    We are very sorry that the shipment of Python Revolvers that you received was defective. We understand your disappointment and appreciate the inconvenience this must have caused you.
    There is no question that the product we shipped did not meet the very high standards our customers have come to expect and should continue to demand and receive without a doubt.
    In our effort to improve the overall quality of our products, we have found the root cause that damaged the crown and immediately fixed this issue. We have since implemented strict Quality inspections to the production standards and can assure you that we are in the process of completing more thorough manufacturing and inspection. We can provide a reason for this issue and the solution if you deem necessary.
    I can promise you that the highest quality standards will be met in the future because protecting our reputation for delivering the best product on the market is a key priority for us. Again, I apologize for our mistake and regret any inconvenience caused as a result.
    We look forward to continuing the mutually beneficial relationship with our Customers.
    Sincerely,

    Colt Firearms MFG.
    Quote Originally Posted by toucan View Post
    I had my Python Elite 1997 and my 2020 Python with me at the range today and I was looking for the 30% more steel and found it.
    The rear sight is not cut as deep into the top of the frame. That is where the difference is.
    Thanks Toucan!

    I am really appreciating the finely fit/blending crane/yoke to frame pictures so far.
    Reminds me of the prewar revolvers! Sweet!
    Last edited by denpython; 01-12-2020 at 12:15 PM.
    Colt
    NRA LIFE Member

  9. #988
    Junior Member

    Member #
    70359
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    97
    Liked
    78 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Coltfirearms View Post
    Dear what would you say,

    So far approximately 2500 Pythons were released to the public, most of the crowns are not damaged and unfortunately some are.

    Thank you.
    Glad the problem is fixed, at least you are admitting it and honest about it!

  10. #989
    Senior Member

    Member #
    6569
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    375
    Liked
    292 times
    Lots of focus and talk about the interchangeablility of the front sight. But am concerned it may be shallow marketing with little substance. Since - there’s a rear sight and they’re typically paired/matched for effective shooting. An oversight (pun intended) Colt left the door open for the range comments: the original/legacy Python has better sight visibility with the white outline rear.

    The interchangeable front sight on the re-released Cobra & King Cobra had a significant affect because they were fixed sight revolvers; the rear sight was a channel in the frame. On a target revolver, the front and rear sights are like the shoes on your feet: doesn't make much sense and looks funny if they don't match. On the new Python - everyone's talking about how great and easy it is to change the left - but the right is black. And they don't match coming from the factory because a orange insert front pairs with a: white outline rear. But no white outline offered in this initial release. Looking at the rear sight, not so sure the white outline is possible on the bottom of the sight window anyway.

    Brass bead, three dot and fiber optic front sights all typical have matching rears for the full effect. I’d call the new gen. rear target sight the “Colt Henry Sight” - customer can have any type of sight they want, so long as it’s black. Perhaps the new gen. rear sight will be developed in the future to offer some of the front’s versatility. The original Accro rear took a few years and production design revisions to perfect too. But the Accro did have two options for the user to swop in and out with a screw driver: black or white outline.
    Last edited by gunbroke; 01-12-2020 at 06:03 AM.
    Quality over quantity: there's a reason that new plastic fantastic brass flinger of your's needs 15 rounds and my old D.A. only needs six.

  11. #990
    Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

    Member #
    3267
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Southern Illinois
    Posts
    259
    Liked
    175 times
    I appreciate the presence of a Colt rep. There has been much positive talk (early) of the trigger, been some negative talk of the nicked-up muzzle, with positive replies from the Colt rep. (much appreciated) regarding cause and improved technique. The light strikes and failure to rotate are concerning, but to me, the most concerning issue for a target gun is the off-center bore. That’s what I would like the Colt rep. address.
    WVCOLT likes this.


 
Page 99 of 186 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

202 colt python
,

2020 colt forum python problems forum

,

2020 colt python

,
2020 colt python problems
,
colt forum python 2020
,

colt python 2020

,
colt python 2020 colt forum
,
colt python 2020 coltforum
,
colt python 2020 colts forums
,

colt python 2020 fourm

,
colt python 2020 problems
,
colt python 2020 problems colt forum
,
colt python 2020 recall
,
coltpython.com
,
how many colt pythons are made in the first run release in 2020
,
new colt python 2020
,
new colt python 2020 forum
,
new colt python problems
,
waiting list for colt 2020 python
,
yankee marshal posts on you tube video new colt python 2020
Click on a term to search for related topics.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
We are not associated with Colt's Manufacturing LLC. We are an enthusiast site comprised of Colt Fans.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2020 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.