Colt Forum banner

Python 2020

612K views 3K replies 306 participants last post by  dsk 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
So, the 'Yankee Marshall' of YouTube announced today that Colt dealers already have the new Python but the release for sale is set for January, 2020.

I post it in the lounge because until this FYI is verified, it's not Python category worthy.
Thanks

#2,841 ·
I picked up my 6" Python last Friday and was prepared to be kind of "ho-hum" about it but have to say, I like it alot. DA pull doesn't stack. No side wiggle on the hammer. Gun cocks almost as easily with the cylinder in as it does out.

The finish is more like nickel than I thought it would be, looks nice. That high tech whatever it is on the right front of the frame isn't all that noticeable or deeply engraved. I put a set of Deer Hollow late 1960's Python grips on mine, they carry the silver "OM Trooper" medallions so I guess while not correct to the style they are to the new Python.

My only gripe - the SA trigger pull. I can see the hammer cam back when I press the trigger. I'll see how it wears in.

#2,842 ·
I picked up my 6" Python last Friday and was prepared to be kind of "ho-hum" about it but have to say, I like it alot. DA pull doesn't stack. No side wiggle on the hammer. Gun cocks almost as easily with the cylinder in as it does out.

The finish is more like nickel than I thought it would be, looks nice. That high tech whatever it is on the right front of the frame isn't all that noticeable or deeply engraved. I put a set of Deer Hollow late 1960's Python grips on mine, they carry the silver "OM Trooper" medallions so I guess while not correct to the style they are to the new Python.

My only gripe - the SA trigger pull. I can see the hammer cam back when I press the trigger. I'll see how it wears in.
I agree, I shoot better DA, than SA.

#2,843 · (Edited)
8 months to the day that I ordered the 2020 Python 4.25", the LGS calls to tell me that my Python is in but, they have raised the price $200 to $1699.00 not including taxes. I said keep it, I'm out.

Given the early issues, the pandemic, my Wife getting laid off and my Job soon to be eliminated I'm done, the Thrill is Gone!

I will continue to peruse this board as it has interesting and helpful information as well as diverse personalities.

Thanks,

Karl

#2,844 ·
9 months to the day that I ordered the 2020 Python 4.25", the LGS calls to tell me that my Python is in but, they have raised the price $200 to $1699.00 not including taxes. I said keep it, I'm out.

Given the early issues, the pandemic, my Wife getting laid off and my Job soon to be eliminated I'm done, the Thrill is Gone!

I will continue to peruse this board as it has interesting and helpful information as well as diverse personalities.

Thanks,

Karl
Perfectly understandable... sorry that it’s turned out this way. Believe me, they will come down in price, maybe not in the near future but certainly in a few years. Positive thoughts for your wife and you and a fast resolution.

#2,847 ·
Yes...standard on Colt revolvers for many years. Maybe not as visible as yours but they have them.

#2,851 · (Edited)
Bullseye London or Bullseye North I think it is now? Ya the price of everything has gone up and it's not the dollar cause it hasn't moved much. Maybe supply and demand? So many people buying they can charge what they want....but not $2399. May as well get a 1st generation if you are spending that much. Bullseye has 18 for $2299 each but they are 4.25 inch. They have had them quite a while so watch price come down. I'd like a four inch too but not $2299!

Dave

#2,853 · (Edited)
Hey guys, is there a full disassembly / detail strip video out there for 2020
Python. I looked all over google and can seem to find one.

If you know of one, please link. Thanks.
I found this a while back, made in 2017 so its the original model, maybe not exactly what your looking for, but its interesting. He has made these videos for just about any gun.

Dutch

#2,860 ·
Bought one a few weeks ago in my LGS. My name was on a list and they called me. They had at least 3. Another fellow was in there also buying one and they had one in the display case. They were $1.5K (before sales tax). Mine is below with my 2003 Python Elite below it.

I bought the Python Elite from another LGS back in 2004 for $1.1K (before sales tax).