Colt "Python"
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Colt "Python"

*** ColtForum MVP ***

Member #
    Liked
    8418 times
    I think that Olle may be right, the top-front of the frame looks like it may have been welded up to mate up with the Python barrel rib.

I could be either a Trooper or 357 frame.

Does the hammer look a little longer then the standard Colt Service hammer sour??? Might be a Officer's Model Special hammer??

dsk

Member #
    Liked
    325 times
    Prior to the Internet I held this belief that gun enthusiasts were a special breed of people who hung together and didn't try to screw one another. You'd see the occasional joker at a gun show, but that was it. Since the advent of online auctions however it's become painfully obvious that this hobby has its share of scumbags out trying to screw unsuspecting people just like any other. Unlike with a gun show, where you have to show your face, with these auctions you can remain anonymous and list the same garbage over and over while simply waiting for a sucker to come along and finally take the bait. You can't possibly believe these people have no clue what they're selling if they're so sure it's actually worth that much.
    MarkInTx likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    784 times
    Give this guy a break fellas...his Gunbroker profile says he’s in Flint, MI. That item description is clearly the tap water talking.
    phyllis1, dfletcher and MarkInTx like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    108 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Olle View Post
    Looks like a welded up Trooper to me...?
    That's my view also. Unless for some unknown reason long ago a person removed the Python hammer and replaced it with an OM Trooper type, then proceeded to do metalwork on where the receiver and barrel topstrap meet.
    dsf

Member #
    Liked
    16 times

1964 2 1/2 python

I recently came across a 1964, 2 1/2 python, original grips in good shape, bluing was about 90%, no box, no papers. Dealer gun and he was asking 4k and lowest he would go was 3400. The left side (side cylinder swings out) had a lot of what appeared to be holster wear at the muzzle but the other side was in great condition and some scratching on the cylinder. I thought is was just a good carry gun/shooter and walked away. Did I pass a good deal? I could not find any info in "The King of the Seven Serpents" about the number produced.

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    The obvious parts and frame issues aside, I'd rather my 3,000 premium revolver not have the same finish as my AR-15.
    Colt-SL likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    946 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Olle View Post
    Looks like a welded up Trooper to me...?

I agree. Definitely a Pooper.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links