NEW Python Report (Issues)
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: NEW Python Report (Issues)

DTB

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Received my 210x Python yesterday. It has some light muzzle crown issues as previously noted. It also is binding up in single action with my snap caps. I haven’t fired it yet. The mechanism locks up but a light turn of the cylinder by hand gets things moving again. Ideas? One, sometimes two of the 6 affected.

Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Supposed to pick up my new 2020 Python tomorrow from my dealer. All these issues I'm hearing about have me worried. I got a great deal on it (below MSRP) and it's a low serial number (PY00108X) so hoping I dont have to send it back to Colt.

Member #
    Liked
    1463 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Friar8 View Post
    Supposed to pick up my new 2020 Python tomorrow from my dealer. All these issues I'm hearing about have me worried. I got a great deal on it (below MSRP) and it's a low serial number (PY00108X) so hoping I dont have to send it back to Colt.
    It's hit and miss.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1934 times
    Just like a car, sometimes the first model year has a few glitches.
    USMC Veteran
    31 Year LEO
    NRA Life - Benefactor

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Friar8 View Post
    I got a great deal on it (below MSRP) and it's a low serial number (PY00108X) so hoping I dont have to send it back to Colt.
    What does a great deal look like? How did you manage that from your dealer? Is your dealer a gun store?

Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybeaver View Post
    What does a great deal look like? How did you manage that from your dealer? Is your dealer a gun store?
    My dealer is a gun store and I have been good friends with the owner for a long time. I paid under $1400 including tax.
    angrybeaver likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dkay62 View Post
    Thanks for the excellent early review Panzer.

Hopefully, these issues can be taken care of. Most of us Colt guys are all excited about the return of the Python.

Please keep us advised as to how Colt handles your issues.
    I'm a S&W guy and I'm excited about the return of the Python!

Karl
    ColtsDad, binggo, Burgs and 1 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2154 times
    Welcome Karl , thanks for joining us . There are a lot of Smith fans here . You will like and learn here .... maybe teach and share also . Thanks for your personal and public faith in the new Python , you will not be let down .
    kschmider likes this.
    COLT TO THE CORE

Member #
    Liked
    2958 times
    Thought I would post a link to Hickock45's video on the new Python. He seemed to have issues with the hand and cylinder rotation. Otherwise, the gun looks promising.

Hoping the new Python gets it's problems worked out quickly and is a commercial success for Colt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dO-lQEX49U

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Best Regards,
    Doug
    - (dkay62) NRA Benefactor Member

Member #
    Liked
    329 times
    I've been following the stories about the new Python as best I can.
    Several testers, who published to youtube, had problems with the cylinder locking up. Hickock45 is one example
    None that I read had any accuracy issues, but none of them did demanding accuracy tests.
    Others had nothing but for praise for it. No issues with cylinder locking up. No accuracy issues, no fit and finish issues. Ken Hackathorn is an example of this.

It seems that the number of good reports is beginning to outweigh the reports of trouble. As someone on this forum said, Colt is no doubt addressing the issue. I do think it is unfortunate that Colt didn't sort all this out first.
    The $1400 MSRP is a little high for me for what I'll consider a "second tier" gun. That is, for CCW I'll make other choices first. It, like the ones I have now, will take turns with other .357 Magnum revolvers I like, such as my S&W 686.
    I'll wait a bit in hopes the price will come down. By then I will have had my own day at the range with one and know better what I think of it.
    I have blue and stainless "legacy" Pythons, 4" and 6". I got a couple of them dirt-cheap because the finish is worn, though the lockup and accuracy are sterling. Or gold. They are so stupid valuable, now, I don't really want to carry them any more. I've dragged the 4" blue around a lot, for a long time. Bought it for $350. Or $300, I don't remember.

I will happily buy one when the issues are resolved, and, as another contributor here said, I'd like 2. A 4" for carry and a 6" for fun at the range and field carry. With my luck I'll spring for them and THEN Colt will announce they're coming out in blue.

Those "legacy" Pythons. Someone just forwarded me an ad on Gunbroker for a 3.5" Combat (or something like that) Python, asking $19,000. In England. I'd like to see someone in the U.S. buy it just to get it out of England. Maybe if we get 40 people to each contribute $500 we can buy it for a gun trust . . ..
    Any way, if someone wants to offer ME something even CLOSE to that for mine, SOLD! Might keep the $300 one. Ugly, but I love it.
    Pythons.jpg
    And to think, I never wanted even one.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links