Quality Problem with 2020 Python
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Quality Problem with 2020 Python

Member #
    Liked
    1046 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scstrain View Post
    I think Colt is still a union shop. (UAW) So it isn't low pay or lack of benefits.
    Well, it's hard to fire a union employee and as well their labor pool is pizz poor in that area. Let's face it: people want their kids to go to college nowadays and not slave away in a factory. The brightest go to college (usually).
    The only man Wild Bill Hickok stated that he feared: James Currie 1840 - 1899. Gunman without peer.

Member #
    Liked
    659 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Boge View Post
    I think Colt is still a union shop. (UAW) So it isn't low pay or lack of benefits.
    Well, it's hard to fire a union employee and as well their labor pool is pizz poor in that area. Let's face it: people want their kids to go to college nowadays and not slave away in a factory. The brightest go to college (usually).

I beg to differ, the RICHEST go to college, the Brightest often create opportunities for themselves to advance. I' ve met plenty of college educated idiots in my time. And plenty of self made millionaires without degrees. I respect the latter, not the former.
    " I've got 1 bullet and it's got your email address on it. Don't make me hit send."

Member #
    Liked
    1463 times
    Quote Originally Posted by saintclair View Post
    That kind of quality control is unacceptable for such a high priced gun. It makes one wonder if robots (or very low paid assemblers) are doing the assembly for such defect to not be caught.
    Colt has a case history on poor QC with the Cobra and KC. I see the trend continues. I won't buy one unless I can inspect it in person. If it doesn't meet my satisfaction it's easy to pass on it than to start sending it back to Colt.

Sent from my LG-V495 tablet using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    659 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzerschwein View Post
    My muzzle looks just like yours. It’s just very disappointing.

Also, the rifling looks rough on mine. A barrel gap of .001” seems way too tight for proper fouling clearance. That, and my cylinder latch is binding badly, and the rear site is pretty wobbly.

I’ve been reading stories about customer service turnaround times in the months and even years for Colt. These are reports from 2017 and 2018. I am praying it doesn’t take that long to get the gun back.

Right now, I have some serious buyers remorse. I should have waited to buy this gun. Still waiting on them to send the shipping label via email.
    Make sure you take plenty of pics of your gun so you can remember what it looks like. You wont be seeing it for a while unfortunately. Colt's turn around time is horrendous. Good luck.
    " I've got 1 bullet and it's got your email address on it. Don't make me hit send."

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1412 times
    You can pay somebody to work, but you can't pay them to have pride in their work.

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Seems to me that the best way to clean up these burrs would be to run a countersink on it, basically making it a reverse crown like what is commonly done on 1911s.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1412 times
    I looked at all the new Pythons on Gun Broker last night that had pictures of the actual gun. Many showed the muzzle in a picture. Most showed this same shoddy workmanship. You can go and look for yourself. Very sad................. Actually, pride in workmanship left Colt decades ago.

On a positive note. This makes the punch holes in the Rampant Colt logo seem like, "No big deal".
    Last edited by scstrain; 01-10-2020 at 07:02 AM.
    mafd2 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    I looked at all the new Pythons on Gun Broker last night that had pictures of the actual gun. Many showed the muzzle in a picture. Most showed this same shoddy workmanship. You can go and look for yourself. Very sad................. Actually, pride in workmanship left Colt decades ago.

On a positive note. This makes the punch holes in the Rampant Colt logo seem like, "No big deal".
    Easy fix but it should have been caught before the barrels even shipped to Colt!! Unfortunate fumble by all parties on the roll out! Sad all the way around.

Member #
    Liked
    1071 times
    From all the posts on this and other forums in the last few days it appears that nothing has changed at Colt. They are still pushing products out the door with no final inspection and very little Quality Control. Their philosophy seems to be to let the buyer deal with the "beta models" and then do a half-azz fix on the few guns that are returned. I am disappointed with this philosophy and have hopes that they will learn something from this fiasco in the future. Honestly, how can they turn out so many guns of a new model that are released from the factory with barrels that look like they belong on a Taurus?

Member #
    Liked
    148 times
    So I got ahold of Colt......FINALLY.....they are sending an RMA and my gun is getting taken care of. They stated it will be a fast turn around since they were just released. I told him these guns should’ve never been released looking like that...crickets. Lol

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links