Quality Problem with 2020 Python
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Quality Problem with 2020 Python

Member #
    Liked
    32 times

Quality Problem with 2020 Python

Just picked up the new 2020 6" Python today. Been waiting a very long time for this. As you can see in the photo, the end of the barrel had dings and dents. This is below the counterbore which is suppose to protect the end of the barrel. I can't even imagine how this happened. I am totally bummed out about this. If Colt will agree to replace this gun I will just hate sending it back. Has anyone else seen this problem?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1412 times
    I can almost feel your disappointment through my computer screen. I think that since Colt has hyped the reintroduction of the Python so much that they will turn around any problems with them in a swift manner. I realize that does not make you feel any better though.

Member #
    Liked
    237 times
    Depending upon how quickly the factory pushes them out the door, there will be quality control issues early. Just have to hope that Colt has a team in place to address them quickly and after the initial rush to get them out, it will settle down and be the fine firearm that it is meant to be. Sorry that yours is not up to par. I would also not be satisfied with the cosmetic damage on a new gun. If someone wants to pay over the MSRP, its their money. I will not do business with a dealer who charges more than the MSRP. I have found in the past that it is always good to be patient (its hard) and wait until all the bugs are worked out before purchasing a reintroduced gun. Good luck and hopefully your problem will be resolved quickly to your total satisfaction.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    I am afraid it is more than a cosmetic issue. When there are dings and dents where the end face of the barrel meets the bore it is an accuracy problem. Is this not why it is crowned or counterbored in that area?
    scstrain and BusaDave like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1071 times
    Disappointed to say the least. I would send it back on their dime and request a replacement. Maybe they will take the time to inspect the replacement gun a little more carefully before sending it out.
    Last edited by texagun; 01-09-2020 at 07:52 AM.
    BusaDave likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Agree 100% with this. Mine has a small ding on the crown but not where it will impact accuracy. Colt is aware. With all of the fanfare of the new release of the Flagship the issue will be taken care of asap!

Member #
    Liked
    237 times
    Hungryone: You are exactly right! I didn't look closely enough. The damage goes into the rifling and would most likely impact accuracy. I agree with you that the main point of countersinking the barrel is to guard against just the damage that the picture depicts. This is totally unacceptable from Colt. It must be good to still have young eyes.
    mafd2 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    young eyes?.... ha ha.... at 70 they are pretty tired. A magnifying glass works wonders.
    WVCOLT likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2491 times
    Ya it's why I figured I would wait until the new is off before I buy. I like to look hard at something before I put $1,500 on the counter to buy it.. I am patient and don't get the buying fever on what's new. I can wait until they get it right.

Jim
    mafd2 and WVCOLT like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2727 times
    I would call them and send it back. Is Colt actually building them or sub contracting them out? Like the new cobra.
    OctopusHighball likes this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links