From a S&W guy.. Question about people buying new Pythons over MSRP
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: From a S&W guy.. Question about people buying new Pythons over MSRP

Member #
    Liked
    16 times

From a S&W guy.. Question about people buying new Pythons over MSRP

Wasn't sure what thread to put this in, so just thought I would start one. Moderator can delete if not in appropriate section.
    I have been collecting S&W for over 50 years. Have had several Colts over the years and think they are great guns. I just never could afford them.
    Some S&W buddies and I are just curious as to why people are paying $500-$1000 over MSRP on the new Pythons. To my understanding, they are not limited editions and will probably be made for quite a while. I have been watching Gunbroker over the past week and blown away at the prices they are bringing. A small gun dealer about 40 miles from me are selling them below MSRP. They got in about 10 and sold them pretty quick, but if you get on a prepaid list, you are guaranteed one as they come in.. He is expecting another shipment in 2 weeks.This guy has been in business for several years and I have purchased several guns from them and know they are a reputable dealer.

I look at it like it is your money so spend it the way you like, But again, was just curious why so many people are paying over MSRP for them?

Thanks and have a Blessed Evening!
    saintclair likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    5997 times
    "First on the block" syndrome.
    MarkInTx, saintclair and ei8ht like this.
    NRA Life member. 31 year LEO. Moderator
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Survivor of 3 Cancers: PTCL-NOS, AITL, MDS, plus a stem cell transplant. My condensed cancer journey
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    under "about me" and more detail
    Avatar: "No, it's not a silencer. This little doodad is my own invention. I call it a LOUDENER"

Member #
    Liked
    29 times
    Some people just have more dollars than sense....🤷‍♂️
    saintclair likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2816 times
    Low IQ or show offs. I’ve known lots of millionaires, most of them you would never have guessed that they could afford a new truck. A few of them just like to flaunt it. This reminds me of when the first Mazda Miata was released. Those that preordered got their cars at MSRP, then the feeding frenzy began and dealers raked in the cash.
    saintclair likes this.
    I’d rather be in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth.

Member #
    Liked
    643 times
    Self made millionaires NEVER overpay for anything. Thats how they got rich, and thats how they stay rich and get richer. Legacy millionaires never made the money so they dont value it.
    " I've got 1 bullet and it's got your email address on it. Don't make me hit send."

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    252 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stgen1916saa View Post
    Self made millionaires NEVER overpay for anything. Thats how they got rich, and thats how they stay rich and get richer. Legacy millionaires never made the money so they dont value it.
    Self Made Millionaires that are not getting anything back on Treasury Bills like to invest in something that will go up in value, which does not happen with Smith & Wessons.
    Radicalrod likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    PENT UP DEMAND!

The Python has been deified in the past 20 years in media and legend and lore. Mostly because it hasn't been available. It burst onto the scene without much warning and the people with more money than brains saw red like a bull in a ring!

It IS, however, immediately the best looking production revolver available once again though....especially since Smith has lost their minds putting out those new Classics.

Member #
    Liked
    769 times
    Early buyers get low serial numbers for whatever that is worth.
    Colt
    NRA LIFE Member

Member #
    Liked
    638 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stgen1916saa View Post
    Self made millionaires NEVER overpay for anything. Thats how they got rich, and thats how they stay rich and get richer.
    I disagree with this statement and I'm not giving an explanation.
    beemermark likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    FYI, I picked up my 2020 6 inch serial number PY00130x yesterday and paid MSRP $1,499.99.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links