I see Hickok45 got a defective new Python too !
Like Tree14Likes
  • 3 Post By texagun
  • 4 Post By saintclair
  • 3 Post By Olle
  • 1 Post By python4me
  • 3 Post By guy sajer

Thread: I see Hickok45 got a defective new Python too !

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

I see Hickok45 got a defective new Python too !

Just saw his review and he explains the issue of cylinder failing to turn when firing. https://youtu.be/7dO-lQEX49U

Think I will wait a good while until the bugs get all worked out.
    Last edited by python4me; 01-12-2020 at 06:53 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    I'll wait a bit too!

Member #
    Liked
    187 times
    Wow it usually takes Hickok45 a longer time to get a new gun in to do a review on.

Honestly, i can't believe even Hickok45 got a defective Python.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by B.F.D. View Post
    Wow it usually takes Hickok45 a longer time to get a new gun in to do a review on.

Honestly, i can't believe even Hickok45 got a defective Python.
    +1

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    This problem from the couple videos I have seen seems to happen at random while firing Magnum ammo. Some part is getting knocked out of alignment
    during the recoil and then after cycling/shaking the revolver falls back into place. Maybe a loose tolerance or spring issue?

Did Colt just dry cycle the preproduction Pythons 40,000 times or actually fire magnum rounds that many times?

Member #
    Liked
    1060 times
    This is going to be a big problem for Colt. Until they get serious about the quality control issues with their guns, sales are likely to drop drastically. I am now having 2nd thoughts about buying one of the current production Pythons. Hopefully Colt will address these issues before they release the 4.25" model to the public.
    mafd2, 68python and StenFreak like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    23883 times
    The amount of custom/expert work that went into the original Pythons was evidently quite a lot more than what goes into the 'new' Pythons.

Member #
    Liked
    4176 times
    The few pictures I have seen indicate that the rebound lever/hand combo is similar to the old Pythons. The hand is not firmly pushed forward into the ratchet by a spring, it's rather the rebound lever pushing down on a flat surface on the hand and making it "flip" forward. I have seen the same malfunction occur in gunked up V-spring guns, so I suspect that it's either a matter of poor surface finish on the internal parts, insufficient hand clearance, or simply a lack of lubrication. It should hopefully be easy to fix.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gun repair and restoration

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Olle View Post
    The few pictures I have seen indicate that the rebound lever/hand combo is similar to the old Pythons. The hand is not firmly pushed forward into the ratchet by a spring, it's rather the rebound lever pushing down on a flat surface on the hand and making it "flip" forward. I have seen the same malfunction occur in gunked up V-spring guns, so I suspect that it's either a matter of poor surface finish on the internal parts, insufficient hand clearance, or simply a lack of lubrication. It should hopefully be easy to fix.
    I'm surprised Hickok didn't give it a few squirts of Ballistol to see if that would fix it!
    kschmider likes this.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    7806 times
    Topic already being discussed .
    Condition Yellow

Please support Crimson Trace Grips , Mossberg and Beretta . They support our troops .

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links