Colt's 2020 Python FIASCO....
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree201Likes

Thread: Colt's 2020 Python FIASCO....

Member #
    Liked
    2246 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pdman View Post
    HEY MARKO65....care to show us your $1499.00 receipt for your 2020 python....????
    Pete
    No why would i show you ....I have one coming this week a 6' and picking up a 4 1/2 on the 22nd. The negativity I was referring too... all first world problems, oh and if my 6' has issues I will calmly have it sent back to Colt for repair not the end of the world by any means.

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Hey Marko65...you have a lot more patience than me....all i can say is having been an NYPD SGT. for 32years i have heard EVERY excuse
    from all types...this Colt stuff just doesn't wash.....and again...I really do hope they get this right...have TWO 4" inbound...
    Pete

Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    This is an observation, NOT an accusation... After reading all the different threads on the new Python... it seems like a lot of the feedback is from “new” or persons with an extremely low number of forum posts... So, a good sign that more members are joining or finally contributing or ? As the more experienced members have posted, let’s see how big the issue really is and provide Colt an opportunity to improve. I’m sure Colt personnel didn’t plan to have these issues... Until we find out the cause of what happened (we may never know) all we can do is understand that Colt wants to be successful and they will correct the problem...

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    308 times
    Muzzle crown is fine...

Going shooting tonight... I bet it shoots fine too
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by oysterer View Post
    you're right.

when I heard this 3 weeks ago I did not expect Colt to have to in them to make a really great Python anymore but I was curious and started following this. Who knew they would fu...this up royally. The cheapest sh...t grips corporate procurement managers could source, chewed up 'target' crowns and the cylinder which turns some of the time...I mean...this thing is flat on it's face. I so miss my 1960s Python now and wish I never traded it.
    So you waited almost four years to make your first post one that criticizes the maker this forum is named after.
    Sweet dude!

KAG

Member #
    Liked
    14 times
    I'm sorry, but I have to chime in on this...this is a prime example of the interweb creating drama!! Google "Colt 2020 Python Problems"...not too much comes up. This is a nothingburger if you ask me. Not even 3000 Python's are hardly released. And, for the record, a very small majority of the people that bought them are on this forum. Everybody have a beer or six and chill for a bit. It wasn't to long ago it was gospel on here that Colts would NEVER,EVER, EVER NEVER EVER EVER EVER bring back the Python! Swear to God, look it up! It was a for sure NEVER!! Now it's back and it's the biggest POS ever made. Maybe it should be a Hi Point or Jennings Python. And the fact that Colts has been silent this far is not a surprise at all, look when 2 zillion vehicles are recalled. The manufacturer rarely says a peep. For the record, I do agree the QC stuff is a little crazy, but that is the world we live in, can't even get a good cheeseburger these days. Good grief.
    marrunred and MarkInTx like this.
    “I’m not a millionaire. I thought I would be by the time I was 30, but I wasn’t even close. Then I thought maybe by 40, but by 40 I had less money than I did when I was 30.” – Michael Scott & Me

Member #
    Liked
    313 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MARKO65 View Post
    No why would i show you ....I have one coming this week a 6' and picking up a 4 1/2 on the 22nd. The negativity I was referring too... all first world problems, oh and if my 6' has issues I will calmly have it sent back to Colt for repair not the end of the world by any means.
    The 4.25 just started production today. You are a very special person to have a committed to delivery date.

Member #
    Liked
    866 times
    “oh and if my 6' has issues I will calmly have it sent back to Colt for repair not the end of the world by any means.”

I’m gonna guess the only issue with that 6’ will be finding a suitable means for transporting it. On the plus side, it should handle recoil like a champ!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17811 times
    Yeah, I’m gonna give Colt the benefit of the doubt here that they will get things straight. Not bragging here.. kinda like working on today’s vehicle , but I work on medical equipment that is watched and regulated from all different directions, and i make a living because things still don’t work right, break down, don’t work from the factory sometimes... maybe not seen it all, but I’ve seen enough of it that it takes just one human error to cause a sideways happenation of seemingly crazed portions. From wiring, to shipping to mechanical, to sales blunders.,
    I don’t know the inner workings of Colt , but have faith. Generally speaking, people in the gun industry building and gunsmithing make a descent living, but they aren’t having what-to-do-with-my-money problems from what my people tell me. They generally really are passionate about what they do, I hear. They’ll get this thing figured and This issue will be forgotten 6 months like someone else said.
    This is internet technology at its best. The gun is 13 days old to the main public. - 13 days and we’ve had them less than that in our hands. and we already know about pretty much every problem encountered so far encompassing a massive amount of folks. Wouldn’t be the case 20 years ago.
    So , it takes time to evaluate and identify the true issue. Identify the cause of it at the factory. And implement the corrective action. And there’s more to it than that - I fix . I don’t plan the fix.
    The original pythons had 14 more parts. Mostly hand fitted, right? Wonder what the success rate was when that little endeavor hit the market? We will never know because there was no way for each of us to notify each other.. customers couldn’t spread the word like in the moment we live in now.

I personally think the good news is the technology in everyone’s favor. Before I’m getting out there and discovering a problem eventually on my own. .. in less than 1 working week, Colt knows of my issue and will fix it.. we are still well within the year warranty says my iPad that informed me of the issue through forum media, photographed it, and will help me get it resolved with the company with emailed free shipping .. etc etc.so on, so forth. so. It only seems bad in our instant age of instantly aged. Give them folks at Colt a little more time. They’ll get it right.
    Last edited by what would you say; 01-13-2020 at 06:36 PM.
    🔫 WWYS

Member #
    Liked
    2246 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pdman View Post
    Hey Marko65...you have a lot more patience than me....all i can say is having been an NYPD SGT. for 32years i have heard EVERY excuse
    from all types...this Colt stuff just doesn't wash.....and again...I really do hope they get this right...have TWO 4" inbound...
    Pete
    Pete... I grew up right across the river from the city Hudson county NJ. I heard and have seen all kinds of stuff but these little things are really nothing to get beyond pissed about and its probably just a small % like I said first world problems
    pdman likes this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links