Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree169Likes

Thread: Colt's 2020 Python FIASCO....

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

Angry Colt's 2020 Python FIASCO....

Hey All....the more i read here...the more dis-heartening it becomes....it is just preposterous...revolvers that do not revolve...
    cannot even cut a proper muzzle crown...!!!???? WHO is watching the store..???????? What a clusterf__k....
    THUNDEROUS SILENCE from colt.....very disappointing.....will just stick with my 1956 Colt "357" and my 1976 PYTHON 6" Blue..
    OK...rant off...
    Pete

Member #
    Liked
    2187 times
    yet another thread.... the sky is falling, END OF THE WORLD. "NOT"

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    HEY MARKO65....care to show us your $1499.00 receipt for your 2020 python....????
    Pete
    dandak likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    383 times
    So let me understand this.....Colt is bad for killing the Python....Colt is bad for bringing the Python back.....

Colt has addressed the first round of issues regarding the crown. There is much talk about the failure to revolve....how big of an issue is this....3%....30%? Too early to tell. Clearly frustrating for the customer, but has to be frustrating for Colt as well. Let the dust settle and let's see the scale of the issue and give Colt a chance to fix. Putting a Python back on the market is a positive.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Hey Az_colt..I agree bringing back the python is positive...what they are putting out is not positive...do you wanna roll the dice with your
    $1499 (or more)....??????
    Pete
    scstrain likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    you're right.

when I heard this 3 weeks ago I did not expect Colt to have to in them to make a really great Python anymore but I was curious and started following this. Who knew they would fu...this up royally. The cheapest sh...t grips corporate procurement managers could source, chewed up 'target' crowns and the cylinder which turns some of the time...I mean...this thing is flat on it's face. I so miss my 1960s Python now and wish I never traded it.

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    They’ll get the problems straighten out and this will be forgotten by most 6 months from now. This is the reason I avoid a new release on anything. I’m looking forward to getting at least one once the bugs are worked out and the price settles down.

Member #
    Liked
    383 times
    If I had been able to find one in AZ for close to MSRP the answer is yes.

Guns/Cars I typically wait until 2nd model year for manufacturers to correct issues, but would buy one now even with the risk of sending back to Colt to show customer support so they continue investment in the guns I love.

The revolve issue is clearly an issue, but to what to extent? No evidence this is extensive issue.....no information if this occurs prior to firing or after sustained firing....and everyone seems to be echoing the same known complaints. Reading more reports of guns without an issue revolving than reports of guns having the issue....so again how substantial is the issue? If the majority of guns have the problem, clearly my position would change.

Grips?....like the ones they have on it now rather than Pachmyr ....no complaints there. Would prefer 60s version of grips, but no biggie. Grips are easily customized.
    sublimert70 and marrunred like this.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Hey ALL....I hear Y'ALL...am not wantin to start a war with anyone....am just sooooooo pissed at COLT because it was just not ever like them to have ANY issues with anything they built...i go a long way back with colt....have had many colt in my 70yrs.....
    I REALLY do hope they get this right.....I am in for TWO 4" 2020 PYTHONS.....
    PETE
    az_colt likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    191 times
    why release a new gun that has "bugs" to be worked out, where is the quality control?
    Coltautos and bearcat6 like this.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links