More 2020 Python Observations.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: More 2020 Python Observations.

Member #
    Liked
    239 times

More 2020 Python Observations.

I took the Python to the range again this morning and did another 150 rounds of reloads (125 gr Berry's Plated over Power Pistol, CCI primers). No problems at all until about 125 rounds into and I got a misfire. When I checked, the round had been fired but hadn't advanced. A couple of cylinders later, the same thing happened. Oh fudge.

But this time I did a little investigating and found the two screws on the left side to be loose. I mean REALLY loose. The end of the sideplate over the trigger was no longer flush. I tightened them back up and the rest of the morning went off without a hitch. Note to self. Get some blue? locktite. Blue? That's the right color am I correct?

In the meantime keep checking screws.
    Burgs likes this.
    For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    John 3:16 (NKJV)

Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Loctite 222. Purple. The blue is designed for 1/4” & larger diameter.

Member #
    Liked
    239 times
    Thanks. 'Preciate that.
    For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1113 times
    I'm begining to wonder if Colt is using to right thread class tap to match the screws they are using. Just wondering. D*
    marrunred likes this.
    Daryl
    If you keep doing what you always did you will always get what you always got

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunBass View Post
    But this time I did a little investigating and found the two screws on the left side to be loose. I mean REALLY loose. The end of the sideplate over the trigger was no longer flush. I tightened them back up and the rest of the morning went off without a hitch. Note to self. Get some blue? locktite. Blue? That's the right color am I correct?
    Did you check/tighten the screws at any before that since getting the revolver? On a King Cobra I bought last summer, every sideplate screw was loose straight from the factory. As was the screw holding the front sight in. After tightening them down I haven't had any further trouble with them backing out since (~250 rounds). I did loctite the sight screw but not the sideplate screws.

Member #
    Liked
    239 times
    I had found the one under the grip loose once before but didn’t have a proper screwdriver with me so I didn’t try to really snug it down. That was just a week or so ago. At that time the other two were snug.

Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Good idea checking the screws before shooting. I didn't know about the purple Locktite. I wonder how many are shipped out of the factory and I also wonder how they decide who to send them to.

Member #
    Liked
    112 times
    Quote Originally Posted by armabill View Post
    ...I wonder how many are shipped out of the factory and I also wonder how they decide who to send them to.
    A while back, someone here opined that it looked like Colt was sending a lot of their 2020 Python production to smaller LGS vendors, rather than the usual larger gun stores where you'd normally expect to find them first. After pestering all the larger gun vendors in my area, I was surprised to find mine in a very nice but very small mom and pop LGS. I guess the moral of this story is, if you're actively looking for a 2020 Python, make sure you don't overlook the little guys because you might be very pleasantly astonished.

Colt Python L.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Burgs; 02-16-2020 at 12:58 PM.
    boneuphtoner and CajunBass like this.

Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    The big chain stores around here (100 mile radius) have not had a single Python. A ma and pa gunshop 15 miles from my house has received and sold 4 of them.
    Burgs and CajunBass like this.

Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    If this whole cylinder rotation thing turns out to be a loose-screw issue, you will hear me laughing my butt off! There's a guy on You Tube who will likely have a nervous breakdown.
    Burgs, CajunBass and Jim Sharp like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links