2020 Colt Python General Questions
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: 2020 Colt Python General Questions

Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    Quote Originally Posted by oysterer View Post
    It is what it is, overpriced by 2 fold if it did work as intended. On top of being grossly overpriced they are shipping with screws missing reason being is that the screws are designed entirely out of spec as seen in the fact that they all walk out by Browninan motion while just sitting in the safe. Eventually every one of the few large chain stocking dealers (the only way to buy one) will have 2 sitting in the case and 3 more in the back, they will be a very slow seller at $1259 and sitting for 3 months increments still.
    Hahahahaha!!!!!
    sublimert70 and ei8ht like this.

Member #
    Liked
    55 times
    You just have to keep looking. I've asked a few large retailers and several smaller gun shops here in Houston, and they all say the same thing. They have paid orders waiting on guns. They get one or two every now and then, but no real inventory yet. And the questions about availability are almost daily. Trust me, people want them just as much as some hate them.
    ei8ht likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    441 times
    Bought 6" version in January. No issues and over 500 rounds through the gun. Absolute tack driver and can't wait to buy the 4.25 version next. Some guns of initial production run had issues

1. Muzzle crown imperfections/burring
    2. Loose screws
    3. Cylinder rotation

None of those issues were experienced with my firearm. Conduct your own inspection and buy with confidence. It is a darn fine revolver!
    ei8ht likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    53 times
    Am i correct saying list price for a blue 6" is $1699.?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    ei8ht likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    122 times
    $1,499.00
    I've been up early my entire life. And all that ever did, was increase the amount of time during the day that something could go wrong.
    ~Inspector O

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nikrnic View Post

Colt iis not producing blued revolvers at this time.

Member #
    Liked
    310 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nikrnic View Post

Going to be awhile on those but they were in the notional going forward plan a short time ago.
    Last edited by BusaDave; Yesterday at 06:27 AM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1452 times
    It is what it is, overpriced by 2 fold if it did work as intended. On top of being grossly overpriced they are shipping with screws missing reason being is that the screws are designed entirely out of spec as seen in the fact that they all walk out by Browninan motion while just sitting in the safe. Eventually every one of the few large chain stocking dealers (the only way to buy one) will have 2 sitting in the case and 3 more in the back, they will be a very slow seller at $1259 and sitting for 3 months increments still.

Please explain to me how the screws can walk out by Brownian motion. I thought that had to do with fluids. I am not being a smart A$$, just want to learn.
    ei8ht likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I respectfully disagree about them being overpriced at retail. I would also be very surprised if they are selling slow for $1,259 in 3 months or less. My guess is it will take 6 months to a year at best to be able to find them at $1,500.

Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    I "heard somewhere" that Colt wholesale to dealer is $1,2xx and change. Can't imagine ever seeing one for sale at cost.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links