Yep, another price check post - Stainless
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Yep, another price check post - Stainless

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Yep, another price check post - Stainless

I'm sure it's everyone's favorite topic to discuss . Anyway, I don't have a wide range of LGS around me so I'm relying on the Internet for this purchase. I'm looking around GA and GB for 6" stainless prices. They all seem to be hovering around the extremely upper $2k to $3k range (with box and papers even more). What's your opinion...are these the going rates or are just wishful thinking?

Member #
    Liked
    2593 times
    If your looking online, then yes the going rate. My suggestion is to find one not online. That's just me. Some people just don't have the patience and choose to pay a very high markup for convenience.
    6" Python, 357mag, Blue, '75-------------------4" Diamondback, 38spl, Blue, '77
    2.5" Python, 357mag, Blue, '72-----------------2" Detective Special, 38spl, Blue, '68
    2" Cobra, 38spl, Blue, '61

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    22437 times
    goldeneye, it sounds like you may live in an area of the country where the population density is low. In that case, you are probably stuck looking for specific guns on GA and GB. In more populated areas such as where I live we have Newspaper Trading Post editions that advertise local private guns for sale. However, even those advertisements are reflecting the large increases in prices for Fad guns like Pythons, Lugers, SAA's, etc. People in my area who find 'sleepers' usually do so by placing want ads in newspapers or working very hard to spread the word that they want to buy particular guns, like Pythons. You either have to work very hard to 'dig up' these sleepers or you have to be lucky.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Actually the opposite...very densely populated...but very liberal (read: NYC)...so guns aren't that popular around me (especially for guns that are no longer produced).

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Very well taken care of Pythons are bringing in closer to 3k as most people are becoming familiar with what prices are today. I just paid around that for my new 6" nickel. Thought it was maybe a little high, but they weren't budging and I wanted the revolver. Sometimes getting what you want may cost you a little more, especially if you don't have the patience to wait for that golden opportunity (a cheap 100%) to fall into your lap. Good luck on finding yours.
    goldeneye likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    947 times
    I picked up a Python, 6 inch nickel a few months back for $1,550. It did not have a box. It was manufactured in 1974, SN: E57761.
    SNAKES complete, what's next?

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Thanks for the input so far.

Jack, sounds like a good deal. Do you know in general how prices for stainless compare with nickel (haven't really been looking at nickel...a little too shiny for my taste )?

Member #
    Liked
    947 times
    goldeneye, I would say, based on what I have seen, that nickel will go for about 30 percent less then stainless. Unless you are looking at Vipers, which there aren't any stainless, just nickel. Those prices have skyrocketed. Got to gunbroker, search completed auctions and check on closed auction sales. This should give you a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by goldeneye View Post
    Thanks for the input so far.

Jack, sounds like a good deal. Do you know in general how prices for stainless compare with nickel (haven't really been looking at nickel...a little too shiny for my taste )?
    SNAKES complete, what's next?

Member #
    Liked
    2624 times
    Quote Originally Posted by goldeneye View Post
    I'm sure it's everyone's favorite topic to discuss . Anyway, I don't have a wide range of LGS around me so I'm relying on the Internet for this purchase. I'm looking around GA and GB for 6" stainless prices. They all seem to be hovering around the extremely upper $2k to $3k range (with box and papers even more). What's your opinion...are these the going rates or are just wishful thinking?
    I see brushed stainless 6 inch pythons selling from 2500-4500 just depending on the particulars. If you find one for less than 2500 and it functions, buy before they change their mind and call it a good day.
    jackvs1, goldeneye and tburn like this.

Member #
    Liked
    77 times
    The Walking Dead season 5 premier is October 5th, followed shortly by higher stainless Python prices. It's like clockwork
    goldeneye, Jimmer and tburn like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links