I'm not a Bullseye shooter, but...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: I'm not a Bullseye shooter, but...

*** ColtForum MVP ***

Member #
    Liked
    7888 times
    The most common cause of brass in the face is the extractor.
    It can be tuned and slightly modified by rounding some critical areas to prevent this.
    Kerz and Joe A. like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2073 times
    Like someone else posted, you build your ammo to all be the same. However it's not easy but maybe a few tips might help if you don't already do them. No mater what I always check my built ammo in semi auto in a case guage. If it drops right in the case gauge then it fits your chamber. Things you can't see with the eye will show up when you guage each round. Lead might be out of size or case may be bulged at the base, plus you will see if the prime is in right.

Over the years I decided that the 200 grain lswc was the most accurate in 45acp. I use Winchester 231 because it fills the case well and it burns fairly clean. 5.6 grains is my target load.

231 is a very good powder for a lot of standard calibers and it meters really good out of my Dillon powder measure.

Jim
    krag96 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    22 times
    If it was the fired case that pops out at you, it could be extractor or ejector.
    Longer extractor or maybe a slightly stiffer recoil spring or a lighter load could help.
    No matter what, cases have been known to fly erratically at times.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links