Glock 44 22 rimfire
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Glock 44 22 rimfire

Member #
    Liked
    667 times

Glock 44 22 rimfire

I fired 270 rounds thru my Glock 44 today with mixed results. Feeding, extraction, and ejection was 100% perfect. But I was having consistent light strikes and more than normal failure to fires, all but one failure to fire was with Federal Value Pack 36 grain which in my experience is prone to ftf. But I had more than normal with them today. I also had my first ever ftf with CCI mini mag 100 round box. I fired 50 rounds of Blazer with no issues at all except for the light firing pin marks.

Below is 5 fired cases showing firing pin marks. 2 was fired thru a Ruger Mark IV and 3 thru the Glock. One shown that was fired thru the Glock misfired the first try but fired the second try.
    D213AA49-1F6B-47BB-BACD-5CC361903F0C.jpeg
    The 2 on the left was fired thru the Ruger.

F9758E20-F6F9-4333-A6BF-A3AE5A67CF52.jpeg
    10 shots fired at 17 yards. I was having to take a 6 o’clock hold and was hitting about 4 inches high with the adjustable rear sight bottomed out. Doesn’t seem that Glock offers a taller front sight.

While cleaning I had planned on removing firing pin and clean the firing pin channel, but removal appears to be different than on my Glock 19. Also, by depressing the firing pin block, it appeared that the firing pin would travel forward as far as possible. I will have to study that.

Also, while cleaning I was amazed how little fouling occurred during the 270 rounds fired. No crud at all and very little fouling. On cleaning the barrel I pushed a dry patch thru first and it was practically clean. I then pushed two solvent soaked patches thru and then 15-20 passes with a solvent soaked bore brush followed by a clean patch which came thru again practically clean. I then coated the bore with Ballistol followed by a dry patch.

Except for the more than common misfires and high poi, I’m well pleased with it. I purchased it for a blasting pistol and trainer for my G 19. I have several accurate handguns to shoot small groups with.

Joe A.

Member #
    Liked
    7637 times
    Glock sights....Glock changed their sights throughout processing. Some folks find it necessary to change Sights on their pistols...You will have to measure your sights and make adjustments for your type of hold.

Image 1, is Gen 1 Sight Picture

Image 2, is Gen 2 - 4 Sight Picture

Image 3, is Gen 5 Sight Picture

Glock mod 44 is suppose to be a Gen 5 pistol, but Gaston doesn’t always march to the same drummer... (I haven’t seen the internals of the 44 yet.)

Try an Ameriglo .165 Front Sight, maybe with a a Orange Globe.

ALSO Be aware these are staring to show problems:

Story on Cracked slide:

"Purchased gun for my grandson we were taking turns shooting it. We had Ran about 5 mags through it and it was my turn to shoot. I pulled the trigger 1st round out of that mag I felt stuff hit me in the face gun jammed I looked down to clear it and noticed the extractor gone and slide crack. Guess I will be calling Glock Monday.

Rest of thread on Arfcom

Notes :
    1) Not my thread
    2) OP said barrel was clear
    3) "Winchester ammo"
    4) Outdoors, temp 45°
    5) Less than 50 rounds through pistol"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Kid Sopris; 01-26-2020 at 05:48 AM.
    NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER

Member #
    Liked
    667 times
    I read about the cracked slide. If you noticed on the photo, the extractor spring assembly appears to be installed backwards. The black plastic part is supposed to be against the slide’s back plate. I’m wondering if that could have had anything to do with it. Mine is installed correctly.

Concerning the poi, I like my 22s to be sighted to have the top of front sight level with top of rear sight and be able to take a 6 o’clock hold on a golf ball. I like shooting golf

After more shooting, I may order a taller front sight from Dawson sights. They have a plain black steel front sight with a similar profile to the Glock front sight. I will have to do the shooting and math to determine what height and width I need and once received paint the face white. Or I may just order the fixed 6.1 mm polymer rear sight from Glock for a few bucks and hope for the best.

Thanks for the reply

Joe A.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    667 times
    I’ve read since the above post the extractor spring assembly was placed back in the slide to keep from losing it after the kaboom. Supposedly that’s how it round up backward.

Joe

Member #
    Liked
    667 times
    Had a better day with the G44 today. I fired 60 rounds CCI mini mags and 30 rounds CCI SV with no issues. I fired 210 rounds of Federal Value Pack 36 grain with 3 failure to fires and 1 stove pipe. The stove pipe occurred near the end. Previous round had weak ejection and next round stove piped. I believe some fowling caused that.

Last night I cleaned the firing pin channel. It had a fair amount of black sludge in it. Today I was getting a lot better firing pin strikes. 2 of the misfires had a good indentations and fired on second try. The other one occurred near the end and had a light strike. It fired on second try. Except for the light strike, the other 3 malfunctions is par or better for the Federal Value Pack when fired out of my other 22 semi autos.

Still having a issue with high poi. Today I shot with the front sight dot slightly touching barely below bottom of rear sight and did a lot better. Had fun shooting golf balls.

By the way, I read about another G44 blowup. On video. Guy was rapid firing against timer, dropped first magazine and inserted 2nd magazine, released slide, and first shot smoke front and back. No audio and no explanation. Concerning.

Joe A.

I will clean the firing pin channel tonight to see if very dirty or not. FYI, the firing pin safety was very difficult to get out and to put back in. Tolerance was so tight that it appears to be unmeasurable. If you remove one, remember which way it goes in. If you forget, look in the slide slot for it and notice the wear mark of the spring. That will indicate the proper orientation of the safety.
    459459 and ei8ht like this.

Member #
    Liked
    4803 times
    I follow this fellow on youtube. Here is a link to his recent video on the G44. It may give you some insight on which ammunition works and doesn't work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ginch2koH8E

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17516 times
    Thanks 824 !
    Very informative. I watched his videos before. It will be interesting to see if others have issues with 36 grain bulk ammo, or if his issues was just his gun. I did not try the cheaper bulk ammo today, but I will evtually im sure.
    He made some excellent and valid points.
    459459, ei8ht, 824tsv and 2 others like this.
    🔫 WWYS

Member #
    Liked
    16 times
    HEY ALL...Shooting it again today...does not like standard vel ammo...cci...aguila...aguila match....not accurate...it is VERY accurate with High Velocity...CCI Mini Mags and Eley Force and Fed #719...
    in spite of the ATROCIOUS GOD AWFUL 5.5lb trigger pull..!!!!!!!! It is REALLY a HEAVY trigger pull...reminds me of my NYPD Glock 19...which had an added part to give it a
    10 to 12lb double action revolver pull..!!!!! I suspect it will smooth up some the more it is shot....hopefully there will be forthcoming some new parts to fix this miserable trigger pull...
    will use it for Action Pistol 22 rimfire steel challenge matches at my gun club.....
    Pete
    Last edited by pdman; 01-27-2020 at 07:05 PM. Reason: added info
    ei8ht and LEO918 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    667 times
    The 36 grain Federal bulk runs as good or better in my G44 than my Browning Buckmark UDX or either of my Mark IV Rugers. They are my plinking ammo since they are cheap, less than 20 bucks per 550 rounds. True, the CCI is more reliable and accurate, I reserve them for my more serious paper punching. My Mark IV Hunter is scary accurate with the CCI mini mag.

I just cleaned my G44 and the firing pin channel was clean. So now I know I can shoot quite a bit before cleaning again. I believe what I got out last night was fact gunk. I had no problem with removing and installing firing pin safety tonight.

Joe A.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17516 times
    Thanks for that info , Joe. With you saying that your g44 ran the el cheapo with no issues, it makes me wonder if the 22Plinkster guy’s issue might be remedied by cleaning or lubing something , or it’s a failure due to a part. He’s obviously an experienced shooter. I’m sure there will be more to come with the popularity of this G44.

Also, I somehow sensed that Pdman was not in love nor lust with his trigger pull.
    Mine wasn’t terrible.. felt typical Glock mushy. It did not feel as good as my G42 .380 trigger I don’t think. When I get the time and a chance, I will put the digital pull tester on them ... and science the heck out of this trigger thing.
    Last edited by what would you say; 01-27-2020 at 07:44 PM.
    ei8ht, LEO918, Capps and 1 others like this.
    🔫 WWYS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links