A Richard Petty Commorative SAA
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: A Richard Petty Commorative SAA

Member #
    Liked
    1596 times

A Richard Petty Commorative SAA

One of my co-workers told me yesterday that he has a Colt SAA revolver in .45 Colt caliber. I asked how old it was and he did not know, but said is was his dad's revolver that he got it when he passed away several years ago and wondered what the value was. I told him I had never heard of this one. We went to Gunbroker and the asking prices for the revolver in the wood case was in the $1200 range. Is this the going price for the revolver? It is a nice looking revolver, except for the gold filled engraving on the Barrel, Cylinder and receiver, LOL.

He is contemplating selling it or just begin shooting it. I told him since it was his dad's revolver, he should just shoot it, keep it cleaned, and pass it onto one of his sons.

What do you guys feel about a realistic selling price if he decides to go this way???
    ei8ht likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    85 times
    "Supply and Demand" holds true most of the time. When I was offered a NIB Colt "Texas Ranger" and "New Jersey" almost fifty years ago the "rule of thumb" went out the window! They still sit patiently in the back of the safe, smothered in Cosmoline. Using one is a whole different story.
    Jackson likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    715 times
    I paid $1,200 for a 125th anniversary, and then the other day I found the same for $855, so I bought it as well. First one has been shot (by me), and so will the next one. So, prices are all over on these comm. guns. Someday I may run into some spare barrels/cylinders to get these guns in calibers I can't afford otherwise. Some of them are ugly as sin, but no one can see them here at my house. On these purchases, I have no expectations for future value, should I have to sell. I'm following a few in 44-40 right now, but they are even uglier than the 125th ann. models. But, cheap improves the looks, if I'm just buying them to shoot.
    Ugly, jringo8769 and ei8ht like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    14096 times
    Saw one on Armslist for $1250. Found this site on the gun: https://www.americaremembers.com/pro...n-45-revolver/

I, too, would suggest that he shoot it and keep it in the family since it was his dad's revolver.
    ei8ht likes this.
    Tony

“It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carry the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life, or death ---- it shall be life.” - Ten Bears - “The Outlaw Josey Wales”

Member #
    Liked
    282 times
    I have some sense this is a Uberti
    bsmalley23 and Colt-SL like this.
    The web's most complete resource on
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member #
    Liked
    1596 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gazelle View Post
    I have some sense this is a Uberti
    You know, after looking at the attachment to "America Remembers" website posted by "Colt-SL" above, it doesn't not state made by Colt, but it does say....." This is a working Single-Action .45, based on the famous Colt design known as the “Peacemaker.”

I asked him to verify what was stamped on the top of the barrel and if there was a Colt Pony on the lower left side of the frame. He is going to be surprised if it is not a real Colt! Hopefully he will bring it in next week so I can look at it. Right now, I think I have convinced him to keep it and shoot it.
    ei8ht and Colt-SL like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    24008 times
    There were at least two different non-Colt Factory versions of the Richard Petty SAA. I believe one was done by US Historical and that one may have been a Colt SAA. The America Remembers version that someone posted is most likely a Uberti-based SAA.

Member #
    Liked
    541 times
    According to the America Remembers site; the Silver, Richard Petty Edition Colt, was made by Uberti.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member #
    Liked
    1596 times
    Thanks for the information guys! I talked with my friend late yesterday afternoon and asked him to get me the name on the top of the barrel. He won't be back to work until Thursday when I find out who made it. I did finally convince him to shoot the revolver; Colt or non Colt. But, i told him I need to show him how to cock the revolver and not get any drag lines on the Cylinder, he is still confused about that, LOL!
    ei8ht and ponyup like this.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    Fun discussion about the 125th ann Colt(s). I have one I got as a gift n the late 60's. still unfired (Avatar) When I hunted I liked to take a 7 1/2 .45 hogleg but went to a 4 1/2" Ruger 44 mag. for stopping power. Yea, it ain't a target shooter but has more umph in a thicket. Great to read all the info here. never too late to learn.
    Jackson likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links