Jim Martin Action Job Fantastic!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Jim Martin Action Job Fantastic!

MAM

Member #
    Liked
    1432 times
    Quote Originally Posted by w1lp View Post
    Could someone please PM me Jim Martin's contact info. I do not yet have enough posts on the forum to be able to PM him....

Thanks, Clint
    Just call him.....I will pm you his number. He loves to chat....I just spoke with him last week about a couple of projects.
    SDC454502, lounick and ei8ht like this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    152 times
    I'll jump in here too. I've had three guns repaired and/or tuned up by Jim, and a fourth one he's working on now. His work is outstanding. I had no idea a Colt could feel like that. And his prices and turnaround time are excellent. I found his name on this forum and took everyone's advice, for which I am grateful.

Member #
    Liked
    553 times
    I can’t add much to the praise heaped on Jim here other than “ditto”
    lounick and ei8ht like this.
    "In sun and shade, be sure by your friends. Never swing a mean loop. Never do dirt to man nor animal" The Cowboy Code.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Destined to wander I-35 from border to border. Started in Texas, currently in Iowa.
    Liked
    314 times
    Everything said above about Jim's work is the gospel. Jim you right, it is a good thing your daughter got the better side of the gene combo! Fine looking Foxtrotter, also. My favorite breed!

Member #
    Liked
    560 times
    I can't add to what has already been said about Jim and his great work but I enjoyed chatting with him almost as much as I enjoy the fruits of his labor on my 38/40 Colt. Great guy, I highly recommend his work.
    Dennis

Member #
    Liked
    37 times
    I need some advice on what to do with a 1980 nickeled SAA in 44 special. It rattles when I shake it and I assume this is called end shake. My gunsmith says there is little he can do about it because it is nickel and that I should not worry about it and continue to shoot it. I doubt I run more than 100 rounds a year through it. Is this something I should have Jim Martin repair? If so, how do you contact him?
    ei8ht likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    not to take anything away from Jim but another good man with Colts is Bob James out of Arizona does great work also
    ei8ht likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1187 times
    Jim is an absolute treasure!! No gimmicks or smoke and mirror trigger jobs, just old school craftsmanship. I have Colt's worked on from Hamilton Bowen and Alan Harton. Bowen and Harton do incredible work, but a Jim Martin tuned Colt is a masterpiece! Just my opinion of course.
    Last edited by reconciler; 06-13-2018 at 08:35 PM.
    Jim Martin, Ugly and ei8ht like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1415 times
    Jim has done a few for me, and honestly, if I close my eyes and go by the action alone, I can't tell the difference between any of them. He is that good and that consistent. The one I will mention here is one he did for a special project of mine. He turned what was a beat up 1927 that someone thought replacing with uberti internals was a good idea. Jim swapped out all of the internals for real colt parts, even had the hammer notches welded up since they were cut to fit the longer uberti trigger, and tuned it to perfection like he does with all of the guns he works on. On top of that, he went above and beyond by also fitting some John Wayne finger groove grips to the gun. If that wasn't enough, he was kind and patient while dealing with some of the idiocy of California laws. After all was said and done, it's one of my all time favorite guns

Cozmo, Ugly, ei8ht and 1 others like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1951 times
    The thing about Jim is he's more than a gunsmith. He's in the cowboy hall of fame, consulted for Hollywood projects, worked the railroad, and was a police officer. Just talking on the phone with him is worth the price of any work he does on your gun.
    USMC Veteran
    31 Year LEO
    NRA Life - Benefactor

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links