• 1 Post By what would you say
  • 1 Post By what would you say
  • 1 Post By CWO4USCGRET

Thread: could use some help please...

Member #
    Liked
    4561 times

could use some help please...

A friend has asked me help sell some of the guns that were her husbands. I am clueless about a price.

Gun #1 is a Colt Single Action Buntline Blue, .22 LR with a 9-1/2" barrel - 1966 Vintage. It has Colt black plastic grips.
    Gun #2 is a Colt Frontier Scout 62 Blue in .22 LR with a 4-5/8" barrel - Plastic stag grips.

Both guns are in excellent condition; however there aren't boxes, etc. for either gun.

I haven't uploaded pictures yet - going to a gun show this weekend and I need a ball park price on each.

There's also a Colt Huntsman and a Python but I have to retake those pictures. The Python is 6" Blue with aftermarket rubber stocks; made in 1983 - a very faint turn line. No box or papers.
    Last edited by CWO4USCGRET; 08-16-2018 at 10:21 AM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1842 times
    My best guesstimate is $500 on the Scout and $625 on the Buntline. Good luck.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    855 times
    You'll probably get the LOWEST possible price for each gun if you decide to sell them to a dealer at a gun show. You stand a far better chance of reaching their actual value by selling them to non-venders (people who have come to the show to buy guns and supplies). Most dealers will probably offer you about 50 percent (or less) of their actual value. They're trying to make a profit, and aren't necessarily trying to rip you off. I think you'd get more money for the guns by selling them via an on-line auction service, like gunsamerica.com or gunsinternational.com. Just my two cents. Good luck!
    Hondo44 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    543 times
    The for sale forum here is an excellent place to sell them. Just find a local FFL to handle the shipping to the buyers FFL.
    tdennis

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17462 times
    I recently paid $730 for a mint LNIB (box included of course) here on the forum. I think you’re looking $500 to $625 depending on condition. But we may not be talking apples to apples with the Buntline. Certain Buntline caliber/configurations are a bit rare and I don’t have my book with me right now. Probably need barrel roll mark pics and Buckspens input
    Unlucky Ned likes this.
    🔫 WWYS

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    17462 times
    I recently paid $730 for a mint LNIB (box included of course) here on the forum. I think you’re looking $500 to $625 depending on condition. But we may not be talking apples to apples with the Buntline. Certain Buntline caliber/configurations are a bit rare and I don’t have my book with me right now. Probably need barrel roll mark pics and Buckspens input
    Unlucky Ned likes this.
    🔫 WWYS

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1842 times
    When you get the prices you want established, as noted above, list them in the For Sale Section of this forum. Guns that are fairly priced seem to usually sell fairly quick. If nobody want them you can always go to GB or GI. Good luck.

Member #
    Liked
    2888 times
    Sounds like maybe the grips have been switched between these two revolvers at some time. The Buntline Scout probably has a F prefix in the serial number and would have been shipped with black plastic grips.
    The '62 Scout (P serial number prefix) would have been shipped with the Stag-lite grips (imitation stag with silver colored Colt medallions.
    If the guns are truly in "excellent" condition (98-100%) I would guess $600 on the Buntline and maybe $700 on the '62, but photos are needed to assign better values.

- Buckspen

Member #
    Liked
    4561 times
    Buckspen - good catch - the only “grip” change was in my hasty typing. I edited the post.

To the other guys who gave me their advice and suggestions thanks; I’m a veteran of many gun and knife shows - as will be this weekend with two tables at a monthly gun show here in San Antonio; when I’m trying to sell one of my guns I have a don’t go below price. If someone tries to lowball the price it’s obvious they’re either a dealer or think I’m naive!

I haven’t decided where to sell the Colts yet; but will probably start with Coltforums.
    ei8ht likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links