Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Canted front sight

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    14576 times
    Your gun is begging a Colt Archive letter to substantiate the unique features, etc of the gun. There is quite a bit that certainly doesn’t add up.
    The forum sort of abides by the saying, “ buy the gun, not the story”
    That said, every now and then , the wild and unprobable story is true.. and that’s where you eat the bear instead of the bear eating you.. however unlikely.

Example. Just a few years ago, I acquired a Colt nickel peacemaker 22 with a 1970’s serial that was in a (surprisingly)properly labeled early 1990’s custom shop style box. Gun was in the local shop a long time because of the obvious discrepancy of box not jiving with the serial. I called Colt that did verify over the phone that the gun was a 1992 gun. Turns out to be a custom shop parts clean up gun from frames and barrels left over from the 1976 commemoratives.. so turns out I have a very very rare gun.. a nickel 22 peacemaker on a G frame. The 1970’s 22 Peacemaker standard productions were always blued guns. So, my gun was definitely worthy of the cost of a Colt letter to easily prove the uniqueness of the gun as factory and valuable versus aftermarket mess. A one of a kind Factory Colt is a much easier sell (for you or those that will have to for you) with the proof in hand rather than saying I called Colt. One day that may not be possible either to just call up and get any information at all.
    Last edited by what would you say; 10-11-2018 at 06:23 AM.
    🔫 WWYS

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    14576 times
    1990’s box

Gun with a 1970’s serial

🔫 WWYS

Member #
    Liked
    2637 times
    And I have two Frontier Scouts that were shipped from the factory in 2017! As Ben says, they were parts clean-up guns and they both letter correctly. As has been said before: "Never say never about Colt". All kinds of weird things have happened and been documented. A letter would be nice on that all blue New Frontier, though.

- - Buckspen

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    313 times
    I believe the attachment is the Colt in question.

https://www.gunsinternational.com/gu...n_id=101089034
    Colt75 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    9809 times
    So according to the ad, it's still for sale.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1715 times
    The New Frontier pictured has no beveled trigger guard which is a 2nd Generation SAA and New Frontier feature. I also have never seen a New Frontier with a white outline rear sight or black stocks from the factory.. According to Don Wilkerson, the highest regular production 2nd Generation New Frontier was serial number 7288NF. Any number above that would be a parts-cleanup gun. Colt had some New Frontier frames left over but no cylinders when production stopped. With the the introduction of the 3rd Generation SAA cylinders became available. I would bet the New Frontier pictured has a non-removable cylinder bushing 3rd Generation cylinder. Needs a factory letter.
    lounick likes this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    745 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dogface6 View Post
    So according to the ad, it's still for sale.
    dogface,

I bought a S&W Heavy Duty off guns international.com. It remained listed as for sale for almost 6 months.

Dave
    lounick likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Yes the link mtidasnubby posted above is the exact add from Guns international that I purchased it from and that is my gun in the pictures.within this very I thought a four digit serial number means it is a second generation or at least a second gen frame and it was definitely NIB and unfired and most definitely the entire gun is that beautiful dark Colt royal blue which is why it caught my eye.

Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Also since I got it brand new never fired cylinder tied no drag lines $1895 I think I got a killer deal.certainly. I saw a lot of SAAs and New Frontiers that cost a lot more . I think that the ad stating it was a factory error scared everyone off.

Member #
    Liked
    1786 times
    Years ago I bought a nickeled Colt Trooper, 22lr which had the sight off center. I sent it back to Colt and it was returned corrected. I don't know if they just tweaked the barrel or replaced the barrel but they did fix it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links