John P Moore’s Son New York
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: John P Moore’s Son New York

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

John P Moore’s Son New York

Just found out my 1881 colt single action Army we ship to John P Moore sons in New York. Did they keep any sales records or shipping records after that? Is there anyway to find out where the gun went after reaching New York? Or is this just a dead end? any information would be extremely helpful thank you very much

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    You might research John P Moore & Sons of NYC online and see what you can find out.

Good Luck,

Fox

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Can’t find ANYTHING! I was hoping for sales records, or maybe even a shipping destination after NewYork, but I can’t find any of information. If anyone has a lead or recommendations I’ll take em thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2394 times
    No one saved those records. Only the Sharps rifle company records mention their shipments to H&G., but no serials are recorded. New York shipped guns have no history to attach unless
    a family has had it forever with documentation. Only guns with western shipping locations have "color", because it is more likely they were used in that theater, although many Easterners brought guns with them when moving west Time has erased the memories and the records.

JP
    victorio1sw and lounick like this.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have an 1881 colt 45, single action Army. The grips are worn down so someone shot the holy hell out of it you can even feel on the wear of the grip where your hand would naturally fall. The numbers all match, but even in the letter from Colt it states that they don’t know the proper barrel links or what the original grips were. I may be just be up a creek as far as Chasing down any other information. Oh well I will just have to assume that this was the same gun used to kill Billy the kid as well as Jesse James

Member #
    Liked
    865 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattmatt61720 View Post
    I have an 1881 colt 45, single action Army. The numbers all match, but even in the letter from Colt it states that they don’t know the proper barrel links or what the original grips were.
    If you are referring to a Colt Archive Letter on your SAA, it's not really a question of whether or not Colt knows the barrel length or what the original grips were. Letters on this model often show "Not Listed" for both items and that means that they were standard issue, i. e. 7 1/2" barrel and one-piece wood grips. Anything out of the standard configuration was noted.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Here’s the kicker. It’s a 4 3/4 Barrel with eagle grips. Numbers match on cylinder, frame and trigger guard. How did barrel get shortened? I didn’t see numbers on grips but they fit well and have been on there a long time. (That’s a guess) I don’t think it’s overly special, I just love this stuff and wanted to find out as much as I can

Member #
    Liked
    13511 times
    Does your SAA have a two line address on top of the barrel?
    saintclair and lounick like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Any thoughts?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links