SAA Pistoleros by Height
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: SAA Pistoleros by Height

Member #
    Liked
    5777 times
    Re: the 32" SxS shooting like a rifle,I know not many of u are going to believe this,I shot a video about 15 or 18 yrs ago where I'm hitting a 12" balloon @ 165 yds. using # 4 shot w/it,the video is on the internet someplace but those of u that know me & my dis-like of this "evil machine" & lack of skill w/it I couldn't tell u how to find it.There's a real long story that goes w/why I did it but I don't have the patience to type it out.
    lounick likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    84 times
    General Yeager set an altitude record with an NF-104. 120,000 feet if memory serves me correctly. This is not the one on display, because he also set a depth record with that aircraft sinking it deeply into the ground
    lounick likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1328 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rdamon View Post
    Reading the recent thread about James Arness and the opening scene of Gunsmoke got me to wondering how tall those guys really were. Below is a partial list of TV and movie shootists that we all should remember. I know there are plenty more but the cat interrupted me mid-research demanding to be fed (can you tell I'm retired?).

James Arness - 6' 7"
    Chuck Connors - 6' 6"
    Clint Walker - 6' 6"
    Clint Eastwood - 6' 4"
    The Duke - 6' 4"
    Dan Blocker - 6' 4"
    Richard Boone - 6' 1"
    Allen Ladd - 5' 6" Poor guy often had to stand on an off-camera lift to kiss his leading ladies!

It is said that only the Duke and Connors could swing/cock a Model 92 Winchester with one hand. Of course, Conners did it in every opening scene of the Rifleman. The Duke did it on horseback in what very likely was his most famous scene riding down the Ned Pepper gang in True Grit. Sadly, all are gone now except the Man With No Name.
    This thread seems to have a long life. Just to throw in two cents - Sometimes the guy nick-named "Shorty" was the most Dangerous!

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Quote Originally Posted by victorio1sw View Post
    This thread seems to have a long life. Just to throw in two cents - Sometimes the guy nick-named "Shorty" was the most Dangerous!
    For sure. Luke Short was only about 5' 5" tall, but he was quick and determined and he killed at least 11 adversaries with his first shot, or so the story goes.
    lounick likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9227 times
    James Arness would have been considered a giant had he lived in the actual old west. Most guys back then were under 6' and might weigh 150.
    lounick likes this.
    'This is King Fisher's Road--Take the other one'

Member #
    Liked
    9003 times
    Somewhere I read that just since world war two the average Japanese is much taller. When I was a kid I seldom seen anyone as tall as my dad but now do every day. It has to be something in the food. Also might be people have the money to eat out like they didn't before the war. You see the revolutionary war uniforms they wore in museums and they look like they were made for 13 year old kids.
    Something is causing it and what else could it be but the food we eat?
    lounick likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am fairly sure more of us know the Duke better than the Duck of Death, although the latter was a delightfully inspired insult.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1862 times
    The Texas Confederate Museum is just about 10 miles from me and I go there quite often,. I am amazed at how small the uniforms are on display. Boot sizes around a 6-7 too. They say food preservatives have made people taller. Who knows. I can tell you they are getting heavier!

PS: Most of John Waynes friends called him "Duke".

"Go ahead, skin it! Skin that smokewagon and see what happens".
    NRA Life Member
    TGCA Member
    WACA Member

Member #
    Liked
    214 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaffee View Post
    James Arness would have been considered a giant had he lived in the actual old west. Most guys back then were under 6' and might weigh 150.
    I read that Arness was the first soldier off his landing craft at Anzio, in the event the water was deep. That battle might have been called off had it been Alan Ladd.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links