As Promised My Fleur De Lis Grips
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: As Promised My Fleur De Lis Grips

Member #
    Liked
    237 times
    My absolute favorite grips on a Colt, and yours are fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

Dan
    AngelRod1 and lounick like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    305 times
    I contacted Rob today. He has quite a backlog of work and can't take my gun right now so I'm going to get on his waiting list to have a set of grips made for the Colt custom shop gun I just bought.
    AngelRod1 and lounick like this.

Member #
    Liked
    596 times
    Those are pretty stocks, thanks for sharing.
    AngelRod1 likes this.
    U.S.A. " RIDE FOR THE BRAND OR LEAVE!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1096 times
    Very nicely made grips! I like the fact that they were completely finished, with several coats of shiny varnish (or oil), before the checkering was executed.
    lounick likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    305 times
    So, having talked to Rob, I have an idea of about what you must have paid to have those grips made. I'm not going to post it here though as I'm not here to judge and, quite frankly, I think it was totally worth it. Which leads me to a question, do you shoot those guns? If not, do you plan on shooting them? They appear to be unfired and unturned at least to my untrained eye. Have you had any action work done on them?

They are absolutely gorgeous but with what you must have in them I would be a little hesitant to shoot them. Man, they would look good in a nice cowboy rig though.
    Last edited by SDRider; 06-11-2019 at 10:30 AM.
    lounick likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    58 times
    Very nice looking grips!
    AngelRod1 likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    458 times
    SDRider, I brought the set back to Colt in Connecticut a few years back because I wanted the full bushing in both of them. I realize I could of had them drilled out but it's what I wanted. Colt installed new cylinders with the full length bushings for a nominal fee. I haven't shot or turned them. I have a few first Gens that I'm happy to have and other newer Colts. I use too shoot plenty of pistol competitions way back then but now only shoot long range. I have some nerve damage in my neck so I kind of shake a bit so no more pistol competitions. Handguns were always my thing and I do love the Colt SAA's. The next one will have to be engraved.....now were talking money! It's like a love affair with these things. ..we're all a bunch of Casanova's when it comes to our Colt SAA....can't dance with just one
    Kerz and lounick like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    305 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelRod1 View Post
    SDRider, I brought the set back to Colt in Connecticut a few years back because I wanted the full bushing in both of them. I realize I could of had them drilled out but it's what I wanted. Colt installed new cylinders with the full length bushings for a nominal fee. I haven't shot or turned them. I have a few first Gens that I'm happy to have and other newer Colts. I use too shoot plenty of pistol competitions way back then but now only shoot long range. I have some nerve damage in my neck so I kind of shake a bit so no more pistol competitions. Handguns were always my thing and I do love the Colt SAA's. The next one will have to be engraved.....now were talking money! It's like a love affair with these things. ..we're all a bunch of Casanova's when it comes to our Colt SAA....can't dance with just one
    Believe me, I totally get it. I was just curious. I’m not proficient enough to attempt competitive shooting myself, I just enjoy plinking for fun.

They look stunning with those grips and I’d have a tough time deciding if I wanted to use them or not. Heck, I go back and forth on an early 3rd gen gun I own for some reason. I really didn’t mean anything by the comment.
    Last edited by SDRider; 06-11-2019 at 08:16 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    2212 times
    These and full checkerd are my favorite style of grips. Seeing yours has me thinking pretty hard about having some wood ones made for one of my other SAA's. These are on a 1958 vintage gun which gets shot quite a bit.

1958 SAA Persinger (10).JPG

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    458 times
    SDRider, I hope you didn't think you said anything wrong. I certainly don't think you did. I'm glad you called Rob and got on his list. It seems like everyone is calling the poor guy! He'll be working till he old and grey! LOL!
    lounick likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links