Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Grips - A new way

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    1118 times
    Botiemaster, Best of luck to you on your upcoming MRI. You do beautiful work on the grips.

Member #
    Liked
    1285 times
    Hey Botiemaster, you are crazy. The grips are perfect. I honestly can't find any flaw. The look great and feel perfect. I have many different grips made from various professional grip makers and yours are amongst the best.

By the way, whatever epoxy you are using stands up very well. I have shot that gun in half a dozen matches or so far since getting it back. Always with full cases black powder under a 250 grain bullet and nothing jars them at all. Cold weather, raining, and 103 heat, those grips are still perfect. I think the black powder combo is starting to age them a bit too. The look is so good, I just wish I had sent you one of my colts instead of a pietta. Next time?

And best of luck on your MRI. I have a coworker who suffered from vertigo really bad and he's fine now. No tumor or anything. Something about inner ear water balance or the like.
    lounick likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2449 times
    Nice grips Botiemaster. I've had vertigo off and on for years and it's caused by anxiety. They have a pill for that.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    154 times
    The neuro guy said he didn't think I had a tumor because I didn't fail any of his tests he was doing to me, like walk straight fast, reflexs, looked at my eyes, so on. I have had vertigo once or twice a year for several years. During winter months around Jan-March. It's when my right ear acts up, gets red, feels like it's swollen, and I hear a constant sound in it 24/7, sounds and "feels" like wind blowing through a tunnel very lightly. Sometimes it can act up for 9 months a year and I get maybe 3 months of silence and peace. It went away for two years then came back this here on Jan 28, with a mighty vengence. For a month straight I suffered vertigo for a hour followed by dizzyness that lasted for a day then slowly subside over another three days or so before the process would start again. I'm talking 24 hours a day here. This lasted for two months as it slowly subsided. Every new attack would be weaker and weaker.

Today I will get an episode once or twice a month, and it becomes more and more subsided. My last four I have learned I can shift my head to the right and my eyeballs too for good measure and it stops the vertigo in seconds. The last two episodes have been so subdued that I never even hit vertigo. I felt it coming on and I shifted my head and ended the threat then and there. I feel like the next one may as well had not even bothered...to this day however I have a hard time driving, like I'm fighting against vertigo triggering. It's an uneasy feeling. But after all that...I still don't have an aching, LOUD ear wind noise and I can hear out of my right ear when that's not happening. I call that a win. Maybe it will never return but next step is MRI(had to cancel and reschedule for June 24) then eye doctor(my left eye was doing weird things during all this and made driving impossible for nearly two months and my vision has changed when looking at lights in the dark)and back to the ENT and ask them wth is the next step. Last time I went I did mri and they found nothing and I said ok see you later. They didn't offer any next step for me at the time. This is all probably related to that damn right ear. I need to find a doctor older than 40 for the issue....

Member #
    Liked
    14775 times
    Sounds really unpleasant Botie. Sorry about that.

Likely you have seen/done this already as it sounds like you have a lot going on. None of it good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=9SLm76jQg3g

If not, worth checking out the video. I've had a few episodes of vertigo that were totally disabling. Couldn't get out of bed...pretty shocking and very scary. Better now, knock on wood. Seems that when a crystal breaks off in the inner ear and decides to move around it can cause all sorts of havoc like you are describing. Very common in men around 60.

First time it happened to me I was down and out for a week. Really unpleasant. Good luck hope you find a easy fix, quickly.
    A1A, Hopalong and lounick like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2914 times
    Hope you find a good Doc and get better soon Botie!

Take care of yourself!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    6993 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Yahoody View Post
    Sounds really unpleasant Botie. Sorry about that.

Likely you have seen/done this already as it sounds like you have a lot going on. None of it good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=9SLm76jQg3g

If not, worth checking out the video. I've had a few episodes of vertigo that were totally disabling. Couldn't get out of bed...pretty shocking and very scary. Better now, knock on wood. Seems that when a crystal breaks off in the inner ear and decides to move around it can cause all sorts of havoc like you are describing. Very common in men around 60.

First time it happened to me I was down and out for a week. Really unpleasant. Good luck hope you find a easy fix, quickly.
    My wife has had BPPV. I was thinking the same thing.

Member #
    Liked
    610 times
    Praying for you. Your work is awesome, skill and planning show up.
    ei8ht likes this.
    "Let courage rise with danger, and strength to strength oppose."
    DeaconKC at surplusrifleforum.com

Member #
    Liked
    2797 times
    Fatigue, anxiety, too much caffine and wearing the wrong glasses or, in my case, an Opti-visor for several hours while working on gips caused dizziness and vertigo. Every time I use magnification to work a few hours, I get it too, sometimes all day, causes nausea too. A can of cola usually takes care of the nausea and gazing outside at the distant horizon. Ear wax can do it too, even a little bit. Combine all of the above and it's a smack down. Keep the ears clean, use a flushing product or even alcohol on a Q tip every few days. Also, the fumes from synthetic grip material and glues will cause dizziness and nausea, especially if the dust is inhaled. Take precautions

Dave!
    lounick and elkman1 like this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links