New Gen 2 SAA
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: New Gen 2 SAA

Member #
    Liked
    2396 times
    Give your son or grandson, whoever you meant to post in your #8 post above, a shooter. If the 2nd gen is the only gun he has, he'll shoot it. Give it to him later when he understands the concept of heirloom collectibles.
    BigMuddy and Rick Bowles like this.

Member #
    Liked
    14378 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hdrk1111 View Post
    please tell me how and I would love to. I can barely turn this dang thing on. I know how to email picks but how to Iattach them to this site.
    Bob, I'll be happy to post your images. Send them to me at [email protected]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Member #
    Liked
    1033 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hdrk1111 View Post
    Howdy all. I just scored a Gen 2 artillery. 7.5” in 45colt. Serial number look up says 1964. I bought it from the original owner , who claims it was never fired. It has no indication it has been. Also the cylinder base pin and the ejector rod were frozen solid. Sprayed it up pretty heavy with ballistol waited an hour and I was then able to get it apart and properly lubed . Planning on getting a colt letter for it. Past owner had the manual and sales receipt , but no box. Question is, are these very collectible meaning should I seek out a period correct box or just have a nice shooter ? If this is highly collectible I could look around for a used Gen 3 for a shooter. A little advice would be helpful here.

thanks ,
    Bob

I will never understand, "The box craze". And, shoot it.
    Joel6180 and BigMuddy like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ColtForum.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    215 times
    I recently traded for a 7 1/2" 2nd Gen 45. It too appeared unfired, and the owner knows he never shot the gun. It had a box, but it was a bit "ragged". After we made the trade he followed me to a target and it was "unfired" no more. His comment was "WOW! I guess I should've shot that one". It was plunking my loads all into one nice tight little spot at 25 yards.

My point is... keeping these guns unfired means you never know what you're missing.

Dan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links